[1.7] KVV - Kronal Vessel Viewer = Exploded ship view

linuxgurugamer

4 minutes ago, Oxygentlemen said:

how about we start from the beginning. how is the correct way to install the files i got from downloading this mod? and are there any special conditions which prevent the mod from working?

Download the zip. It should be called Kronal_Vessel_Viewer_Continued-0.0.7. Unzip it. You should have a folder called GameData with a folder called KronalUtils inside of it. Put the KronalUtils folder inside your ksp installs GameData folder. 

On July 4, 2017 at 6:00 AM, Ineedbettername said:

Hello, I have problem with functions, there are only three (Color Adjust, FXAA, Part Config), others are not showing.

There should only be one missing from older KVV versions and that is the outline-tracing (can't remember the name) which is a shader that doesn't work with KSP 1.2+ so it's no longer included until LGG can get some help fixing it

• 2 weeks later...

would it be possible to get a function button, that with a single click will take several screen shots to get all the views of the craft.  such that we could paste them into gimp and create things like this...

it could actually be a new "Page" on the controls I guess, that we could select the 6 views with checkboxes and then it would snap those selected views for us to work with. it would read the ortho graphic or perspective toggle that is already there to determine that aspect. and it would position the camera exactly centered on the COM, and at the exact same distance for each view.

and secondly the "zoom" buttons that set the distance.  if this would not just be clickies, but let us enter a number in a text field that would be great as well.  this way I can set this distance at say 10M for every craft I photograph in this way, and it will make all the pictures be "in scale" to each other for every other craft.

DH.jpg

16 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

would it be possible to get a function button, that with a single click will take several screen shots to get all the views of the craft.  such that we could paste them into gimp and create things like this...

we don't have to make LGG or the mod itself work extra to manage this for us. What's actually needed is just a way to snap views to certain axis relative to the orientation of the root part

that would work too.  it is just since the mod is already doing virtual camera shots it could just as easily do this without our having to rotate and setup the shots manually.  

I would however be just as happy with a way to get exact rotations and exact distance as you said.

Hello , would it be possible if KVV had a camera rotation with degrees?I mean , it would be nice if there was a window to select the exact degree you want (Like 90 degrees), so you don't have to try to find the perfect angle to take the screenshot.This is just a request , obviously.

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, MerlinsMaster said:

So you can adjust the pitch and the roll of the craft, but not the yaw.  Am I missing something, or is there no way to do this?

Have you tried moving the vessel by selecting it with SHIFT held down and using WASDQE to move it about in the editor itself?

Just now, MerlinsMaster said:

No, I had not thought of that.  That might work.

This may be off topic, but how did you create that blueprint effect that you have in your banner?

It's an effect I do in photoshop. I convert it to grayscale, run the find edge filter and switch the layer mode to negative multiplication.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @linuxgurugamer!

Thanks for taking this amazing mod under your wings and even fixing some long standing performance issues. It's a joy to use and a valuable tool for creating art work!

However, there's always been something that bothered me. Not an issue but something I am curious about. When KVV takes a screenshot, it adds "front_" to the beginning of the name of the file it creates. But no matter how I turn the craft using the gui or by moving the craft with WASDQE in the editor, it's all it ever says. Is there a "hidden" feature of KVV that I am not aware of?

5 minutes ago, Three_Pounds said:

Hello @linuxgurugamer!

Thanks for taking this amazing mod under your wings and even fixing some long standing performance issues. It's a joy to use and a valuable tool for creating art work!

However, there's always been something that bothered me. Not an issue but something I am curious about. When KVV takes a screenshot, it adds "front_" to the beginning of the name of the file it creates. But no matter how I turn the craft using the gui or by moving the craft with WASDQE in the editor, it's all it ever says. Is there a "hidden" feature of KVV that I am not aware of?

Nope, nothing hidden.  For whatever reason, that is hard-coded in the code

• 2 weeks later...

What the offset tool you talking about? If you about vanilla tool then it can't move them on a middle/long distance. They're too close to craft.

upd: Oh wait, i forgot about the shift key...

Edited by qvazzar

5 minutes ago, qvazzar said:

What the offset tool you talking about? If you about vanilla tool then it can't move them on a middle/long distance. They're too close to craft.

upd: Oh wait, i forgot about the shift key...

Do you have the result you wanted now or should I keep looking for a work around? I keep forgetting how stupid the stock editor is since this is one of the mods I use:

1 minute ago, Three_Pounds said:

Do you have the result you wanted now or should I keep looking for a work around? I keep forgetting how stupid the stock editor is since this is one of the mods I use:

Yes, i do. You can stop looking for a work around. And thank you for help.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello! I'm a long time player, but new to the forums. I've used KVV in the past and it's great!
However currently when I open the KVV window all I get is a black screen. I have quite a lot of mods so if anyone knows of any mods which cause this it would be really helpful.