[1.7] KVV - Kronal Vessel Viewer = Exploded ship view

linuxgurugamer

32 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you sure that's the right log file, there is no mention in it at all of the KronalVesselViewer

I got the file from KSP_x64_Data. I'll try launching re launching KSP then getting that log

13 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

1.4+ puts files in a different place, right? Is it the same location that crash folders are stored? In user data?

14 hours ago, CodeFantastic said:

Read through the link, but I didn't see anything about where to download the correct file. I've tried both the spacedock download and the github master.

Are you trying to download the correct version of the mod?

Go to the Spacedock link, then ckick the Changlog, it will display a list of all previous versions

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have a Problem with the KVV Mod

I play KSP 1.4.3 with several mods including Astronomer's Visual Pack. This requires to start the game with -force-d3d11. But when I do this, the Vessel Preview Window and the following saved Screenshots keep being black :/

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz

Asus GTX 1060 dual o6G

16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000

W10 Pro x64 1803

screenshot

In case, someone asks for logs and stuff like that, I'm afraid I don't know how to, so please keep explaining how to gather and post the data here. Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, Trigant said:

Hello, I have a Problem with the KVV Mod

I play KSP 1.4.3 with several mods including Astronomer's Visual Pack. This requires to start the game with -force-d3d11. But when I do this, the Vessel Preview Window and the following saved Screenshots keep being black :/

screenshot

In case, someone asks for logs and stuff like that, I'm afraid I don't know how to, so please keep explaining how to gather and post the data here. Thanks in advance

Regarding logs, look in my signature for a link to a page which tells you exactly what to do.

Sorry to say, d3d11 is not supported

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Regarding logs, look in my signature for a link to a page which tells you exactly what to do.

That's fine for me. Just thought, I made a mistake. TBH this would be very likely.

And about the log link, thank you very much.

Are there any plans to realize your mod in DirectX 11soon?

19 minutes ago, Trigant said:

That's fine for me. Just thought, I made a mistake. TBH this would be very likely.

And about the log link, thank you very much.

Are there any plans to realize your mod in DirectX 11soon?

No, although if someone were to submit a PR, I'd be happy to accept it

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 2:20 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I've been working on this for the last couple of days (I'm using -force-d3d11 to get moar mods in, went to take a screenshot and found a black rectangle)...I figured it would be as easy as compiling another shader bundle for DirectX 11, but sadly that hasn't worked.  In fact, I just dusted off an old 1.0.4 install, before the shaders were loaded from compiled (platform-dependent) bundles, and found that it didn't work with DirectX 11 back then, either.  Interestingly, the failure mode back then was different: the window could show a black rectangle, a blue rectangle with part of the staging interface, or the flattened texture of the root part, depending on where the mouse is (I think, I didn't test this thoroughly).  None of the shaders currently used (ColorAdjust and FXAA) seem to have any code that is dependent on the renderer (or whatever the appropriate term is), so I'm pretty much out of ideas besides switching to OpenGL.

About the only good to come of this (besides me learning just enough about Unity package management and shader languages to be dangerous) is I've added a couple more shaders to the bundles so there will be no more (evidently harmless but annoying to me) "No replacement for KSP/Alpha/Translucent" logspam, when I get around to making that PR.

On 9/25/2018 at 5:59 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Are the ones which are seperated the same as the one which isn’t?

They are both TD-12 Decouplers; The launcher stage is not splitting in KVV - the upper decoupler, heat shield, and command pod are all split. The parachute is NOT split from the top of the command pod.

Hey, I am getting the 'button not showing up problem'.

I did the CKAN install, saw the comments and removed the KVV, cleaned the cache and installed a fresh 0.0.9.5 release from spacedock, but still no button. The mod is mentioned in the 'toolbar controller', but no buttons are shown in the stock toolbar, the ''blizzy continued toolbar' and RasterPropMonitor also can't find it.

Other mods installed: as excrementsload, I haven't had the time for a full 'clean KSP', but I hope this is a quick fix.

Log file link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15iVXgQriSAna2F34RlUwkosiUNbjZG-9