[1.2.2] Contract Pack: Defense Combat Advisors [DCA]

Tazius

2 hours ago, Prototype516 said:

The concepts definitely look interesting, Specifically for me I think the orbital strike demo looked pretty cool. The outfitting one I am not interested in personally. It looks exhausting and time consuming, but I am only one voice among many ...and I think you're in the early stages, perhaps? Ultimately I guess it comes down to the final execution. I don't know what your plans are and how all of this will play out in the end, I may love it.  

This mod is a favorite of mine too. I actually (feebly) tried to start making my own part mods for BDArmory, but couldn't get the project off the ground. I may try again someday soon as I still have the 3D models; couldn't get them into the game working. I just wish there were more mission packs out there to keep playing.

Edit: A thought I had regarding the #1 mod. Having special made templates for crafts would be a another way about loading... granted it's not exactly "manual loading" anymore, but it's an idea I had. Might be relatively easy using stock parts without the need for any robotics.

Yeah it's was fun building a craft that I could manually outfit. The goal was to have missions where you'd need to use the provide craft or build your own to similar spec and fly it to locations across the map, outfit according to your mission type. However to justify off base outfitting distance from Space Center has to be great enough, but then it takes a while to get from point A to point B to outfit, point B to point C to carry out your mission. I agree it does get exhausting after a while. 

The orbital strike missions are more of a rocketry combat theme than a plane theme. I was planning on having targets all over Kerbin, some that are really far from the Space Center. That would require  players launch into space, possible create an orbit, then do a reentry with a trajectory that matches the location of the mission objective. However, your trajectory can be hard predict with Kerbin's atmospheric drag manipulating your decent. I'm not sure if people would enjoy it or not. I do love creating the launch vehicles though. 

Hey id just like to say that this contract pack was some much fun, just kept going on and on and before u know it i had finnished the whole thing before i even put a kebal in space! (Using historical progression) so much fun so that you for this awesome mod!

On 2017-05-05 at 7:50 AM, Tazius said:

Yeah it's was fun building a craft that I could manually outfit. The goal was to have missions where you'd need to use the provide craft or build your own to similar spec and fly it to locations across the map, outfit according to your mission type. However to justify off base outfitting distance from Space Center has to be great enough, but then it takes a while to get from point A to point B to outfit, point B to point C to carry out your mission. I agree it does get exhausting after a while. 

The orbital strike missions are more of a rocketry combat theme than a plane theme. I was planning on having targets all over Kerbin, some that are really far from the Space Center. That would require  players launch into space, possible create an orbit, then do a reentry with a trajectory that matches the location of the mission objective. However, your trajectory can be hard predict with Kerbin's atmospheric drag manipulating your decent. I'm not sure if people would enjoy it or not. I do love creating the launch vehicles though. 

It seems to me it would be hard to do a manual outfitting mission that didn't seem contrived for the sake of it. But, it could be an optional thing... (somewhat) long range mission, and have a FARP nearby just in case the player wants to refuel and/or rearm. But if the player can't be bothered, there's also the options of just bringing a heavier bomber with enough munitions, or make multiple trips from the KSC, or whatever. But that would be more expensive, so there's a reward for doing it the manual way.

Aiming orbital strikes shouldn't be too hard with MechJeb and/or Trajectories mods to help out. Especially since you don't need pinpoint precision if you pack some cruise missiles or whatever. Or, build something that does a suborbital hop with a rocket to get near the target, then turns into a plane to get close, hits it with some Mavericks or GAU rounds or whatever, then maybe even does a suborbital hop back to the KSC to land... has potential. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/13/2017 at 5:10 AM, william2002730 said:

On spacedock the mod says it now works for version 1.3. However, no crafts spawn when I'm using this mod in1.3.

So anyone tested this mod in 1.3 yet?

I have tried this in 1.3.1 and no crafts spawn for me either.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.