Cloud Aerospace Is in the Sky!

Tristonwilson12

On 24/11/2016 at 9:33 AM, Tristonwilson12 said:

We are working on getting A launch or reentry operator license Permit from the FAA, Everything ive heard back from them sounds great for us so far!

We are working on finding a Suitable location for launches and we have some locations we have Talked with the FAA about, But I am not at liberty to announce these quite yet :) 

I have a launch place..... its in australia or go to a remote location set up a launch site boom done the Australian is called the woomera test range go buy for a launch area to be built for your company

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Some updates, what I was able to find:

CloudOne, CloudOnePlus, and Luna have either been postponed or scrapped. A new sounding rocket, Artemis, is being designed, targeting a cost of 25k per launch (not sure whether that accounts for reusability and profits or not) and will make an attempt at being fully reusable (which requires refueling hybrid rockets, which will be interesting, not sure how much that has been done before). Artemis is currently targeting a first flight in June of this year (!).

They have also decided to push forward with Vapor, a two stage methalox vehicle capable of 6 tons to LEO and 1.8 tons to GTO, expected to fly in 2020 with a cost of 3 million per vehicle. Similar to Falcon 9 and Electron, it will have 9 engines on the first stage and 1 engine on the second stage (if I interpreted the information correctly). According to the twitter feed, they have built the first full scale Vapor engine and were going to test it in March at NASA Stennis, but this may have been pushed back.

They have also bought the land for the Artemis/Vapor factory.

This is a sign that they are making significant progress, actual testing hardware is in existence. I myself think the dates and costs are a bit optimistic, but then again, that's 95% of projected dates in Aerospace history.

15 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Some updates, what I was able to find:

CloudOne, CloudOnePlus, and Luna have either been postponed or scrapped. A new sounding rocket, Artemis, is being designed, targeting a cost of 25k per launch (not sure whether that accounts for reusability and profits or not) and will make an attempt at being fully reusable (which requires refueling hybrid rockets, which will be interesting, not sure how much that has been done before). Artemis is currently targeting a first flight in June of this year (!).

They have also decided to push forward with Vapor, a two stage methalox vehicle capable of 6 tons to LEO and 1.8 tons to GTO, expected to fly in 2020 with a cost of 3 million per vehicle. Similar to Falcon 9 and Electron, it will have 9 engines on the first stage and 1 engine on the second stage (if I interpreted the information correctly). According to the twitter feed, they have built the first full scale Vapor engine and were going to test it in March at NASA Stennis, but this may have been pushed back.

They have also bought the land for the Artemis/Vapor factory.

This is a sign that they are making significant progress, actual testing hardware is in existence. I myself think the dates and costs are a bit optimistic, but then again, that's 95% of projected dates in Aerospace history.

yup, thats pretty much correct

• 3 months later...

If anyone cares, the whole company imploded. Coming from one of the employees, Summer, it was never anything more than 3d models and optimism.

He moved on to other things, like buttering up the Corridor Digital guys into using "his" (disputed) models for that scale of spacex rocket video

• 11 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.