The Steam Awards

Sheppard

@Badie , the KSP team and all fans - Steam has recently announced it's own prestigious game awards. This is a new opportunity to promote KSP and to bring the word out to poor fellows who don't know the awesomeness that is Kerbal Space Program.

Basically you can nominate any game on Steam for a category you see fit. I hereby encourage all Steam users in our community to contribute and help KSP and its developers earn another shiny award; they really deserve it!

Details: http://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwardNominations/

I nominated KSP for:

The “Just 5 More Minutes” Award
You have an early day tomorrow. You need to get some sleep, so you’re just going finish one more thing before you decide to tuck in for the night. Just one more. Wait, one more. What’s that you say? It’s 2:30 AM? This award is for the game that keeps you playing late.

UPDATE: Kerbal Space Program made it into the custom, write-in category of The “Boom Boom” Award - Let’s face it: explosions are pretty great. In a blockbuster movie they’re thrilling. In a celebration with fireworks they’re beautiful. And when they’re behind a cop putting on sunglasses they’re nothing short of glorious. These games understand the fine art of detonation.
-BroForce
-DOOM
-Just Cause 3
-Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes 
-Kerbal Space Program

Voting for this category starts on December 30th: "All four write-in categories will be voted on simultaneously on December 30th. On New Year’s Eve, the winners will be announced and we can bask in the collective glory of the 2016 Steam Award Winners!"

So be ready to click heavily on KSP on the 30th this month. KSP really deserves a Steam Award! Details here: http://store.steampowered.com/news/26415/

Edited by Sheppard

18 minutes ago, Sheppard said:

I nominated KSP for:

The “Just 5 More Minutes” Award
You have an early day tomorrow. You need to get some sleep, so you’re just going finish one more thing before you decide to tuck in for the night. Just one more. Wait, one more. What’s that you say? It’s 2:30 AM? This award is for the game that keeps you playing late.

This.

Although it's possible that Civilization 6 will win

Can we nominate KSP for all 3?

EDIT: I see. We can't. So I agree to the suggestion of nominate "Just 5 More Minutes". "Test of time". It does make better sense.

We need a vote to make sure that we don't split it in Steam and give it to Goat Simulator.

Edited by Jestersage

10 hours ago, SolarSloth said:

To me, the Test of Time award seems more appropriate as I keep coming back no matter what other game I just bought.

I also nominated for "test of time" as it is even better now than it was back in version 0.20 - which sounds obvious, but it was crazy fun even that early.

I am not sure what to nominate it for. I don't think any of the awards apply to KSP but i still feel KSP is deserving of an award. Shall we all nominate it for the 'make your own award' category? 

How about 'The most destructively, constructive game award' 

I can't think of any good ones but i am sure some one else can.

• 4 weeks later...

Hot damn, the "I'm not crying..." category will be impossible to decide on! I mean, I'd swap out The Walking Dead (really...?) for Valiant Hearts, but still. That and the other four would all completely deserve it the award. None of the other categories are this close.

KSP's biggest competitor is probably DOOM, just because it's the newest. Let's blow them marines up, guys :P

• 2 weeks later...

All of the winners will be announced Dec 31 @ 1:00pm.

Not sure if the page is translating the timezone for me automagically, or if they're using Valve time, which iirc is Pacific, or UTC-8.  If the former, then results should be in in 3 hours!

AIt5H7e.png

• 10 months later...

@Darth Badie The Steam Awards are back!

So here is another chance I'm giving to KSP and made my nomination:

7MZF6l6.png

Of course, you can pick any other category that you see fit. But this one seemed perfect to me.

Let's boost KSP's chances to get a Steam Award this year and get to nominating! http://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwardNominations/

Surely KSP belongs in the Choices Matter award? In KSP there are infinite choices, and they all matter! That's what makes it a wonderful, frustrating and so, so rewarding game to play.

Edited by softweir
tweak

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.