The Steam Awards

Sheppard

11 minutes ago, Helmetman said:

Isn't it better to make a discussion about what we would all categorize it for, rather then categorizing it all differently?

I'll await what people have to say and if they don't I just go with "Just another 5 minutes"

Maybe a poll?

This is a good point, KSP has a better chance of getting an award if we all vote for the same thing, perhaps a poll should be made where we can all cast our vote; and agree to vote based on the outcome.

I'm more than willing to put aside my personal feelings about which category KSP fits best, in order to orchestrate a mass vote to ensure KSP get's at least one nomination.

Let's not get bogged down fighting each other, together; we are strong!

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

Just now, Rocket In My Pocket said:

This is a good point, KSP has a better chance of getting an award if we all vote for the same thing, perhaps a poll should be made where we can all cast our vote; and agree to vote based on the outcome.

I'm more than willing to put aside my personal feelings about which category KSP fits best, in order to orchestrate a mass vote to ensure KSP get's at least one nomination.

Let's not get bogged down fighting each other, together; we are strong!

My idea exactly :) 

Orchestration is the word.

My bet is there are communities doing the same thing for their most faved games.

Let's not trail by fighting what ksp is for. 

44 minutes ago, Helmetman said:

Isn't it better to make a discussion about what we would all categorize it for, rather then categorizing it all differently?

I'll await what people have to say and if they don't I just go with "Just another 5 minutes"

Maybe a poll?

36 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Let's not get bogged down fighting each other, together; we are strong!

I support this.

@Helmetman I voted before I saw this thread, and only posted here (rather than creating my own thread) because someone else had already had something to say about the Steam Awards this year. While I'd love to see KSP win an award, I don't think organising a collective effort is an entirely organic way for it to achieve that. I nominated based on my own views, not just to bag a win.

@softweir If you think that's the class KSP deserves to be awarded for, go ahead and nominate it. I can see where you're coming from, but personally I don't see KSP as a decision-making game so much as a repurposed and accessorised pack of fireworks.

Edited by The_Rocketeer

I'm not entirely clear on how the voting works actually.

Can we each nominate KSP for more than one award? If so, how many? For the record, I still think "Labor of Love" is the most fitting award as @The_Rocketeer suggested.

I certainly don't want to force anyone to vote against their beliefs, but I think it benefits us all as KSP players if KSP wins an award, it will mean more interest in the game, hopefully more sales, which will ideally lead to more content being made down the road.

16 hours ago, Helmetman said:

Maybe a poll?

"Just another 5 minutes" was a category from last year's awards. This year they have other categories.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.