What parts does the community want?

mbartelsm

I want to make a mod but I don't know what to do, so I thought of asking the community to see if there's a demand for anything specific. I can only model and texture, so unless someone is willing to help, there would be no scripting of any kind.

I was thinking of making either a 1.875m or a 0.9735m rocket parts mod, there are a couple of mods which use parts of this size (such as Tantares) but they rarely provide enough parts for a proper rocket.

Edited by mbartelsm

A mod with just heli propellors, not other fancy stuff. Just.. Heli propellors (on top and the one in the back).

The thing is that is kinda hard to make so its only seen on like 2 mods. Im no man to talk since i don't know anything about scripting tho

47 minutes ago, mbartelsm said:

I want to make a mod but I don't know what to do, so I thought of asking the community to see if there's a demand for anything specific. I can only model and texture, so unless someone is willing to help, there would be no scripting of any kind.

I was thinking of making either a 1.875m or a 0.9735m rocket parts mod, there are a couple of mods which use parts of this size (such as Tantares) but they rarely provide enough parts for a proper rocket.

Make stuff you want. You can also stick to stock modules. That's generally what i do. Programming argument aside, another reason i do this is because stock modules SHOULDN'T break when the game updates.

It is cool to see what ideas people have for mods though.

4 minutes ago, mythbusters844 said:

A B-29 or B-25 style cockpit for, uh, normal passenger flights

SXT made one a while back, I'm unsure if it runs in he current version of KSP though.

34 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

A more than 1 manned copula module please!

(or if someone can give me a guide to do the exact thing my self with a stock texture/module., I'd be grateful as well.)

Well, just go to GameData\Squad\Parts\Command\cupola\ open the .cfg file with notepad and change CrewCapacity to 2

Decent landing legs and lander parts that are not so stock-a-like that they look terrible (since sadly stock rocket parts look terrible).

Deep space crew parts. There are loads of great station parts now in mods, and many can also be used for spacecraft, but more space-specific part are always cool.

I would like to have another base module mod that looks a bit more realistic than the existing ones. You could have Hab modules, greenhouse modules and such. Storage modules. Like some of the other base mods.emc-poster-astro-hab-lores.jpg

Inflatable bases would be a cool thing. With extendable parts and such.

HDU.desertrats.l.jpg

A311.jpg

Lander with inflatable hab:

mars_conceptHabitats_nasa.jpg 

1997-Vehicles.jpg 

Other Pictures:

2eb2e15100955c522b307861b73438ee.jpg                

marsdirect1.jpg  

32A3D63500000578-3514059-image-a-32_1459

170068main_influnarhab01-1024.jpg 

Edited by SebastianPahlsson

1 hour ago, SebastianPahlsson said:

Inflatable bases would be a cool thing. With extendable parts and such.

HDU.desertrats.l.jpg

Hygiene module. Can't we just call it a bathroom? :D

Theres already plenty of base parts, but these are good pics i haven't seen before and i might use them for inspiration.

I'd like something to help rovers on minmus, I keep crashing them under braking and turning, something that uses the rcs maybe. I know you can leave it on but doesn't work very well.

Oh oh oh better idea! Eva suit/assist, playing with konstruction, ksa and ksi (kas and ksi, you get what I mean) has given me the idea of some kind of alien style mech suit for the kerbal to eva in. 3 or 4 grabber arms, maybe a winch with a harpoon. would be awesome and help me to no end making things. perhaps it could use the ladder system to attach itself to the station/ship too?

Edited by Lord_intet
Added to original

46 minutes ago, Lord_intet said:

Oh oh oh better idea! Eva suit/assist, playing with konstruction, ksa and ksi (kas and ksi, you get what I mean) has given me the idea of some kind of alien style mech suit for the kerbal to eva in. 3 or 4 grabber arms, maybe a winch with a harpoon. would be awesome and help me to no end making things. perhaps it could use the ladder system to attach itself to the station/ship too?

the Power Loader:
PowLoadCLR.jpg

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Caterpillar_P-5000_Work_Loader

I'd love to see an alternative stockalike 3 person command pod. The Stock version doesn't really go with more recently created parts and the fact that the crew hatch isn't located on one of the 4 cardinal directions makes ladder placement a pain.

1 hour ago, Hay said:

2.5m airplane parts or a 2 man 1.875 Gemini/Soyuz pod

This thread hasn't really been useful. I thought maybe there was something that the community wanted but it seems everyone wants something different :P

I think I'll go with the original idea and make a 1.875m mod (including a soyuz style pod).

BTW, arent Mk3 parts 2.5m?

8 hours ago, mbartelsm said:

This thread hasn't really been useful. I thought maybe there was something that the community wanted but it seems everyone wants something different :P

I think I'll go with the original idea and make a 1.875m mod (including a soyuz style pod).

BTW, arent Mk3 parts 2.5m?

Mk.3 parts are 3.75m parts with the sides cut of. But a 2 man pod would be great!

On 24.11.2016 at 4:32 PM, SebastianPahlsson said:

I would like to have another base module mod that looks a bit more realistic than the existing ones.

Pathfinder and USI do this already.

19 hours ago, Hay said:

2.5m airplane parts

A plenty in SXT.

I'm seconding a larger cupola. Something in 3.5m profile, 3 kerbals, nice IVA, maybe two versions of IVA - command and habitat. A thing to install on space stations and bases.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.