[solved] new KSP Config settings explained

hi all, I think these settings are new from version 1.2 added.

who can explain the following config assets :

CenterOfBuoyancy = 0.0, 0.8, 0.0
    CenterOfDisplacement = 0.0, -0.3, 0.0

bodyLiftOnlyUnattachedLift = True
    bodyLiftOnlyAttachName = bottom

(seen at squad Mark1-2Pod (v.1.2)

- links to this topic would also suffice

Many thanks in advance for hints,

cheers raendy

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:01 AM, RaendyLeBeau said:

who can explain the following config assets :

CenterOfBuoyancy = 0.0, 0.8, 0.0
    CenterOfDisplacement = 0.0, -0.3, 0.0

I think I can lend an answer to these ones. Their function is to make it so when the part (mark 1-2 capsule in this case) hits the water it stays upright, or corrects itself to upright when it is not. It will offset the part's centre for displacement, how much of it will sit below waterline, and centre for buoyancy, which way up should be when the part is displacing water.

The current config basically stops it from capsizing irrespective of how you enter the water, think lifeboats.

2 hours ago, steedcrugeon said:

I think I can lend an answer to these ones. Their function is to make it so when the part (mark 1-2 capsule in this case) hits the water it stays upright, or corrects itself to upright when it is not. It will offset the part's centre for displacement, how much of it will sit below waterline, and centre for buoyancy, which way up should be when the part is displacing water.

The current config basically stops it from capsizing irrespective of how you enter the water, think lifeboats.

Thank you so much !

All clear now, seems to be a quite useful setting.

Is there a current KSP1.2x CFG Reference? In the net I find only this official CFG reference is however not current.

But new settings are missing here.  http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/CFG_File_Documentation#PARTS_Configuration_Files

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

14 hours ago, RaendyLeBeau said:

Thank you so much !

All clear now, seems to be a quite useful setting.

Is there a current KSP1.2x CFG Reference? In the net I find only this official CFG reference is however not current.

But new settings are missing here.  http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/CFG_File_Documentation#PARTS_Configuration_Files

Don't think the wiki was started by squad think it was started by some one that just wanted to help people it would be nice if it got updated but the way it is it can help and hurt has some of it don't work any more.

9 hours ago, MeCripp said:

Don't think the wiki was started by squad think it was started by some one that just wanted to help people it would be nice if it got updated but the way it is it can help and hurt has some of it don't work any more.

Believe you're right At least it seems so, otherwise it would be maintained by the developer.   :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.