First downloaded plane?

Program Kerbal Space

I've never downloaded a craft file where I wasn't helping someone with something, or as part of my "Contractor" series where viewers submitted craft to me to fly. I have built a few things to match what I've seen on the forums though, like my Eve lifters borrow heavily from others' work.

Looking at the database it's the KSA Mk3 Multipurpose SSTO mkII from "KSpaceAcademy" :

09l4gKb.png

zCrAB1M.png

It is stille available here : https://kerbalx.com/KSpaceAcademy/KSA Mk3 Multipurpose SSTO mkII

I found it beautiful at the first sight but in the other hand never used it once. It is still in my SPH hangar under 1.2.1 and I even updated it to new Whiplash and change the gears back to the medium size... probably just looking at it is enough.

I don't download craft files...  I'm happy to upload them when people ask after seeing my mission screenshots, but It's really rare for me to see somebody post something that I would use myself.

I may borrow some of your innovations for use in my own designs, but I always build my own versions.

15 minutes ago, RoboRay said:

I don't download craft files...  I'm happy to upload them when people ask after seeing my mission screenshots, but It's really rare for me to see somebody post something that I would use myself.

I may borrow some of your innovations for use in my own designs, but I always build my own versions.

Same here. Most craft available are a dime in a dozen. There are of course exceptions. I won't download them but gladly take design cues.
I've downloaded a craft once. It was in the time the water was still liquid concrete and this guy made a water craft that was bloody fast and did no break. I just had to see how it was done.

Edited by Tex_NL

Don't think I ever intentionally downloaded a craft. One might have come with the spitfire mod. Just so I could use the propelers. But, other then that I would rather take cues and try to build my own as it then gives me a better idea on how to build in the first place.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.