[KSP 1.3.1] SimpleConstruction (new thread) - Stock rocket building (Version 3.4.6 - 2017-10-15)

RealGecko

So I'm building a craft, but it stopped building when it ran out of rocket parts.  But the drills are continuing to run, and the ore is continuing to be refined into metal and into rocket parts.  So the build should continue, but it's not. I'm new to SC/EPL, so this might be something obvious.

How do I define the node of a vessel that it is build from?

In this case I would have liked the container module to spawn with the lower docking port stuck to the build-port on the orange tank.

VU7tfV2.jpg

Actually, it did spawn that way - but at a distance and 90 degress angled - compressing the Konstruction ports makes exactly those disappear that I wanted to - but not hanging in the air like that! :D

(Note: I made the Konstruction ports into LP pads as well for easier ongoing construction of the station.)

Edited by KerbMav

3 hours ago, Blackline said:

Smart move!

Or so I thought - but as long as the mod does not build the new parts from the actual "LP pad" outwards starting with the right part to connect the new module, I am back to using RCS for the last step of construction.

I get that SC/ExLP does this to avoid what happened in the screenshot - building partly into existing structures - but sometimes having the option would be helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

If anyone (besides me) wanted to add this EL Launchpad functionality to every docking part in the game (even those added by mods), here is my solution:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[ExLaunchPad]]:FOR[SimpleConstruction]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ExLaunchPad
		SpawnHeightOffset = 0.2
	}
}

The !MODULE[ModuleCommand] part is optional, I just didn't want to have this option on modded command pods that have a docking node on them.

Cheers!

It looks to me like theres some incompatibility between interstellar and simple construction. 

When i use the ore tanks that have been set to "rocketparts" with IFS, the rocketparts in the tank arent touched. 

The UI loads up the amount of rocketparts in my tanks when construction is started, "consumes" that number, but does not actually remove any parts from the tanks.

I did some digging around in the sourcecode and was quite baffled by this - everything seems to work fine - so just for the heck of it i grabbed the hexcan from full extraplanetary launchpads thats not touched by IFS, and sure enough, that's working as expected. 

A bit more testing confirmed: This error occurs only with the three stock ore tanks.

Furthermore, the SC ore tank patch conflicts with interstellar, which uses the ore tanks for some interstellar specific resources. 

Any ideas how to resolve this? 

On 8/22/2017 at 5:27 PM, Hacki said:

It looks to me like theres some incompatibility between interstellar and simple construction. 

When i use the ore tanks that have been set to "rocketparts" with IFS, the rocketparts in the tank arent touched. 

The UI loads up the amount of rocketparts in my tanks when construction is started, "consumes" that number, but does not actually remove any parts from the tanks.

I did some digging around in the sourcecode and was quite baffled by this - everything seems to work fine - so just for the heck of it i grabbed the hexcan from full extraplanetary launchpads thats not touched by IFS, and sure enough, that's working as expected. 

A bit more testing confirmed: This error occurs only with the three stock ore tanks.

Furthermore, the SC ore tank patch conflicts with interstellar, which uses the ore tanks for some interstellar specific resources. 

Any ideas how to resolve this? 

I can confirm this issue with the newest builds of both mods. I tested ISFS without any of the included ISFS parts, and the problem persisted. Any advice is welcome.

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2017 at 2:31 PM, Electr0ninja said:

I can confirm this issue with the newest builds of both mods. I tested ISFS without any of the included ISFS parts, and the problem persisted. Any advice is welcome.

@RealGecko Hi there, just wondering if this is still an issue with Ore tanks not using up rocketparts as the previous posters have indicated?

I was looking at finally starting to use off-world construction, and don't want to get into full MKS, so thought this would be a good option.

Edited by scottadges

So, looks like this problem is quite old and is related to EL itselft.

Mentioned issue has a workaround by @Eleusis La Arwall: Once the craft is done in the VAB/SPH, detach the LaunchPad and delete it. Drag a new Launchpad over from the list and attach it as before. This way all tanks have been attached prior to the Launchpad.

I tested it and applied to SC it will look like so: build your production ship as usual, but put your docking ports (that'll be used as Launchpads) after all other parts or simply detach 'em and attach again, to make sure they're "added after" tank containing rocket parts.

WARNING!!! Mod is incompatible with KSP 1.3.1 use it with KSP 1.3.0

OK, eventhough there is still no official support of KSP 1.3.1 by EL I publish new release 3.4.5

• Updated EL to version 5.8.2
  • Updated EL experience traits
  • Updated EL resource recipes
  • Added plaque.png to EL folder

However there's a little issue with IFS-core, that will be fixed soon I hope. To resolve the issue either install Interstellar Fuel Switch complete, or rip Localization folder from complete module and put it inside GameData/InterstellarFuelSwitch folder.

Edited by RealGecko
Bad mod testing

• 1 month later...

Looks like my launchpad simply "forgets" that it's connected to a vessel when I load the thing (going back there from the KSC). It works just fine after launching, but only as long as I stay with it. If I in any way 'leave the scene' and come back later, it doesn't see the rocket parts of the vessel anymore. As mentioned a couple of posts ago about a seemingly similar issue, I've tried removing the port in the VAB/SPC and attaching a brand new one as the last step, but that didn't help :/

Any ideas?

[edit] Quicksave and quickload seem to help as a workaround (the launchpad then "knows" the most recent number of rocket parts, it just doesn't get informed about new ones until I QS/QL again, and also doesn't inform the vessel about used up parts), so it "works", it's just cheaty (since I can build big stuff with just a few produced parts, I just need to save/reload every time the few parts are used up by the launchpad, the actual vessel still has them and at the reload "informs" the pad about the current amount) and a tad ugly - so low priority :)

Edited by Phelan

On 10/15/2017 at 12:20 PM, RealGecko said:

Version 3.4.6 is here:

• Updated EL to version 5.9.0

Now really works with KSP 1.3.1. All credits go to @taniwha.

@RealGecko I was going to ask you to remove the KPBS scrap metal container, as it isn't needed for use with your Simple Construction mod, however, I just went ahead and made the change myself. You should have a pull request from me with the change for your repo.

This change simply removes KPBS' scrap metal container, which is intended to be used with full-on EL and has no use for SC.

Edited by Jalaris
did it myself; + compatibility

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting an odd issue, I'm running a career mode save and the UI is not showing RocketParts required, the build finishes instantly, and it uses no rocket parts. I could have sworn there was an option to enable exactly this, but I can't seem to find it.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, RealGecko said:

Unfortunately nobody wants to support this great mod.

If i knew what i was doing id try to cook up a port. The issue that exists is that the productivity in all vessels has negative values in 1.4 unless the vessel you use was built in a save file from 1.3. Probably the launchpad DLL but im no developer lol. Ive been working on researching KSP modding but its hard xD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.