[1.3.1]Wenchang Satellite Launch Center 1.0

Icecovery

AuAykgR.png70oqLtm.pngb0id2kW.png

zdSgfR4.png

iruS7lB.png

A replica of Wenchang Satellite Launch Center, a southern and newly built launch facility in People's Republic of China, which serves flight missions of CZ-5, CZ-7, and future heavy launch vehicles like CZ-9.

This building's default position is for stock game,if you hopefully it works for RSS,please use KK change its position.
On 2016/11/26 at 2:45 AM, panarchist said:

It does not replace the KSC - it's located on the large island NE of KSC ("Jeb's Island Retreat" in KerbinSide).  If you have KerbinSide installed, it does not conflict with the existing sites on the island.

Coordinates:19°36′52.17″N 110°57′4.08″E
It's here:
AF9okTz.png
Our members:

Models: ladeng
Textures:ladeng,Acea
Import: ladeng
Configs: ladeng

DEPENDENCIES:

Kerbal Konstructs

LICENSE:

88x31.pngCC BY-SA 4.0

DOWNLOAD

SpaceDock (Available on CKAN)

Changelog:

V1.0(Nov.-25-2016)

Initial Release.

V1.0f1(Nov.-26-2016)

Repair Collider Bug.

Edited by Icecovery
Support 1.3.1

6 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

Looks great! is it scaled for stock rockets or for real scaled? (it looks huge!)

Its scaled is for real scaled rockets,but its position is for stock.

You can edit configs to change its position for RSS.It's here, near the sea.

9qP3doW.png

5 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Where would be the position of this launch site in the stock game? Would it replace the existing KSC?

It does not replace the KSC - it's located on the large island NE of KSC ("Jeb's Island Retreat" in KerbinSide).  If you have KerbinSide installed, it does not conflict with the existing sites on the island.

@Icecovery - Looks beautiful, and well done!  I'm not able to launch my large rockets from it in the stock game, however - I expect the one I am trying with is too wide at the base and the colliders are probably interacting with the launch tower - when the physics engine kicks in, my rocket takes a large leap sideways.  Smaller rockets don't have the issue.

So all you guys using KerboDyne Plus parts, don't use the gigantic 5x 7.5m fuel tank cluster unless you want to be highly amused.

15 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Wow, that's awesome.

I have an issue withe the launchpads:

Pad 101

r4jiVcc.png

Pad 102

2PWbuVb.png

And a question: How can I make it Stocksize?

I think this is KK's bug, you can press hit Ctrl+K or Ctrl + T (I forgot:sticktongue:) to bring up the Kerbal Konstructs Statics Editor window then change its position.:D

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.