Icecovery

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, dyfxjtu said:

IF I can remove the J20 in the sky?I want a peer lanch site. thanks a lot.

I'll make a new .cfg for it in the next few days. I havn't looked at the asset for quite some time, but Kerbal Konstructs now has the ability to alter assets (variant switching) 

If you want to remove it by yourself: 

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/wiki/Variant-Switching:

and you need the debug Stuff mod to identify the gameObjects for the J-20.  

Ohh, looks like I can edit the grass aswell and make the grass color switchable :cool:

Edited by Ger_space

33 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

I'll make a new .cfg for it in the next few days. I havn't looked at the asset for quite some time, but Kerbal Konstructs now has the ability to alter assets (variant switching) 

If you want to remove it by yourself: 

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/wiki/Variant-Switching:

and you need the debug Stuff mod to identify the gameObjects for the J-20.  

Ohh, looks like I can edit the grass aswell and make the grass color switchable :cool:

wooo,it‘s great if you can do this!Your mod is really a prominent one. Thanks a lot. I will try to remove it by myself in the way you told me, although I'm afraid I can't understand the manual. By the way, I use RSS, seems that the ksc-switch is not compatible with the KK? I can't find the wenchang in my RSS, but I can use the ksc-switch to chang my lanuch site.I have known that I need to sitting the location, but I dont know which cfg I should rewrite the coordinate on. 

1 hour ago, dyfxjtu said:

wooo,it‘s great if you can do this!Your mod is really a prominent one. Thanks a lot. I will try to remove it by myself in the way you told me, although I'm afraid I can't understand the manual. By the way, I use RSS, seems that the ksc-switch is not compatible with the KK? I can't find the wenchang in my RSS, but I can use the ksc-switch to chang my lanuch site.I have known that I need to sitting the location, but I dont know which cfg I should rewrite the coordinate on. 

KSC-switch is compatible with KK, but it moves the whole KSC to a new location, while KK places new buildings and doesn't touch the KSC
So both let you launch from everywhere, but KK might look better, when you setup everything in the correct way.

Basic use of KK: 

1. fly (hyperedit) a vessel to the location where you want a base.

2. open the editor (ctrl + k)

3. optional step: alter the terrain with a PQSMapDecal 

3. start placing a object called groupCenter

4. place buildings the way you want. 
5. make a building a launchSite 

Back to the topic:

I found a small problem between the variant switching and the Wenchang object. I need to patch Kerbal Konstructs to make it work. (there are whiteSpace chars in the Plane names, that makes it hard for me to filter them out. But at least one I got out.

Edited by Ger_space

On 11/24/2019 at 9:15 PM, Ger_space said:

if you look at the editor on the right side: there is a variant switching button: 

default Variant:

jeG0k7Z.jpg

without planes:

CQW5ipX.jpg

So yes, it's possible, But I need some time to patch the Code, so I don't break other mods, that use the feature. 

thanks for your help,I have used the mod in RSS successfully!!

• 2 years later...
2022/1/20 AM12点22分,Cheesecake 说道:

正如在标题看到的那样,KSP 1.3.1意味着你的立场。这并不是在新的 KSP 版本中的。

But I seem to have seen it

Someone has run this mod on a later version

Edited by Skywavestar

The mod landscape in KSP is pretty amazing. I just saw this in a video the other day and had no idea it was available. 

23 hours ago, Skywavestar said:

Well, that's a pity

Seems to work for me. There are no variants to remove the static jets in the air as discussed above - guess that never came to fruition. The tower opens and the launch clamps retract. 

This is KSRSS @ 2.5x. I first edited the cfgs to remove the instances since they wouldn't have worked anyway, and then just used the KK editor to place the static and the launch site parts.

Spoiler

bVt5Y6B.png

SVVQbHr.png

oy6QI1d.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.