Will KSP get relased to mobile ?

Only people knows about hardware vote  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about this idea ?

• Not a good idea for now
    • Actually this is a good idea

5 hours ago, steve_v said:

No. Just no. Curse is a curse.
There are perfectly good mod-management systems already available. There is KerbalX craft sharing integration already available. Curse can go die for all I care, I've never used it and I never will.
As for mods on consoles, that's more due to the difficulty of installing anything on a console that didn't come from it's respective store - somewhere an open-source mod will never be.

Yeh its just kinda what came to mind. You get my point tho... Right? 

2 hours ago, MSA said:

I can already detach my laptop from the monitor and take KSP anywhere.

So I wouldn’t download it

How much is KSP again. $39.99 or something? No one would THINK about buying a $40 game off the App Store.

I hope you realize that a laptop is not the pinnacle of portability 

also tell me, does Minecraft PE cost as much as Minecraft for the computer? No it dont. 

1 hour ago, Hermanart said:

You get my point tho... Right?

What point? The one where you think Squad should implement yet another feature, on top of porting to a new architecture, so that you can play KSP with mods on your hopped-up phone?

a laptop is not the pinnacle of portability

Quite right, a smartphone is the pinnacle of portability.
A laptop is the pinnacle of portable PC gaming.
...and a tablet is... Kind of a small underpowered laptop with no keyboard (which runs a phone OS in this case), or a phone too big to fit in a sensible pocket.

If you are suggesting your monster tablet is more portable than a laptop, I will have to raise the fact that 11" laptops exist. I happen to own one, and it is quite portable. I get to type on a real hardware keyboard too.

does Minecraft PE cost as much as Minecraft for the computer? No it dont.

Wait, you think this new port with new features and a from-scratch control system should be cheaper as well?
Not asking for much, are you.

How about this for a suggestion: Let's sort out KSP on it's original platform(s) first, before going off on another ill-advised porting adventure. There is still plenty that wants doing and a bazillion x86 owners that stand to benefit.

...one tablet model that might be able to run it...

Addendum:
a) Your poll is broken, because there is no "Not a good idea ever, at least for the foreseeable future" option.
b) If you want to attract people who know about hardware, you might want to fix your grammar. That's not how English works, and your sentence as it stands doesn't make sense.

Edited by steve_v

2 hours ago, Hermanart said:

I hope you realize that a laptop is not the pinnacle of portability 

It’s mobile enough for me.

1 hour ago, steve_v said:

A laptop is the pinnacle of portable PC gaming

See?

On 1/17/2019 at 5:07 PM, steve_v said:

What point? The one where you think Squad should implement yet another feature, on top of porting to a new architecture, so that you can play KSP with mods on your hopped-up phone?

Quite right, a smartphone is the pinnacle of portability.
A laptop is the pinnacle of portable PC gaming.
...and a tablet is... Kind of a small underpowered laptop with no keyboard (which runs a phone OS in this case), or a phone too big to fit in a sensible pocket.

If you are suggesting your monster tablet is more portable than a laptop, I will have to raise the fact that 11" laptops exist. I happen to own one, and it is quite portable. I get to type on a real hardware keyboard too.

Wait, you think this new port with new features and a from-scratch control system should be cheaper as well?
Not asking for much, are you.

How about this for a suggestion: Let's sort out KSP on it's original platform(s) first, before going off on another ill-advised porting adventure. There is still plenty that wants doing and a bazillion x86 owners that stand to benefit.

...one tablet model that might be able to run it...

Addendum:
a) Your poll is broken, because there is no "Not a good idea ever, at least for the foreseeable future" option.
b) If you want to attract people who know about hardware, you might want to fix your grammar. That's not how English works, and your sentence as it stands doesn't make sense.

Grammar? Oh okay, grammar it is then. 

Your satement saying “...one tablet model that might be able to run it...” did not require the elllipsis because it is not a segment of a larger sentence, also it is incorrect. Every new device from the past two years have had enough go juice to run KSP. I know this because every single flagship mobile device from the past two years has more power than the device I use to run the game in the first place, so me using good grammar in this post is not needed to attract any hardware savvy people that would simply say, “Well yeah, they have enough power, but the devs would need to work out memory management.” 

“...and a tablet is... Kind of a small underpowered laptop with no keyboard (which runs on a phone OS in this case), or a phone too big to fit in a sensible pocket... ...if you are suggesting that your monster tablet is more portable than a laptop, I will have to raise the fact that 11” laptops exist. I happen to own one, and it is quite portable. I get to type on a real hardware keyboard too.” 

Again with the ellipsis, c’mon. 

Ill make a bet that my “...small underpowered laptop with no keyboard...” has more power than your 11” laptop, but yes my so called “...monster tablet...” is infact “...small...” and it auctually does have a “...real hardware keyboard...” and ill bet it is still, thinner, lighter, and has a smaller footprint than your 11” laptop. Yes your laptop is portable, but its not as portable as my iPad. 

“Wait, you think this new port with new features and a from scratch control system will be cheaper as well?”

Yes, That’s how these ports work. 

Edited by Hermanart

3 hours ago, Hermanart said:

every single flagship mobile device from the past two years has more power than the device I use to run the game in the first place

What you ran KSP on originally is not relevant, KSPs minimum system requirements are.
As for "every flagship mobile device", Samsung's flagship S9 and their fanciest tablet both have 4GB of RAM, shared with the GPU. This does not cut it.

more power than your 11” laptop

Considering that said device is 8 years old, I expect so.

ellipsis

No kidding. Gratuitous use of ellipsis does not detract from the meaning in the same way.

At this point it's pretty clear that you're not listening, so I'm done here.

Edited by steve_v

Oay guys, let's just back up a bit with this thread. Grammar has nothing to do with Mobile versions of KSP. Personally, I think if Squad are clever enough, it should be simple to work out controls. I don't know about any fancy PC-mobile porting stuff, but I have a few ideas for how we could fly a craft. First for orentation, we could use a Nav sphere similar to SimpleRockets 2, which'll be gatting a mobile port sooner or later.

Simplerockets Nav thing oh. it doesn't work

Also tapping things like SAS, dragging throttle buttons and also holding down your finger on a certain part to bring up the menu you'd normally rightclick to access, and also hold down on a trajectory to open the Add Maneuver/Warp Here part. Oooh! Maneuver nodes! They'd work SOOOOOO well on a mobile device. Dragging out the markers and such. 

Pretty much all I've got to say. Peace out my fellow spacenerds.

*checks grammar intensively*

Edited by Spacenerd Kerman
oh.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.