Your KSP fails

imkrazy

26 minutes ago, RobinVerhulstZ said:

Whenever i massively overengineer my rockets,(IE:minmus lander with a completely obsolete second stage with which i landed instead of the actual lander...) and the costs that come with it (not to mention the lagz of such oversized monstrosities). i do it all the time...

Something like this.

kC5GfwH.jpg

On 11/30/2016 at 5:20 PM, imkrazy said:

yes, but i wanted to start my own.

Mods don't like that.  Brace for merging.

I should really get a screenshot of when one of my xenon monstrosities fails near the pad.  Such a carpet-bombing.

My most recent fail is that I sent a mission to Duna and they pulled off their objectives without issue and then burned for home.  I got an encounter with Kerbin but I forgot to do a midcourse correction to fine tune it.  They entered Kerbin's SOI but they were so high in the gravity well and were going so fast that they didn't have enough fuel to get a capture and come home.  I then launched a big expensive rocket with a probe core to go rescue them and bring them home.  I set my maneuver node to execute an escape burn that would get me a close rendezvous as well and started to burn only to realize that my node had me pointed into Kerbin's atmosphere and the rescue craft wound up burning up in atmo.  I then launched another big expensive rescue rocket only to realize after putting it into orbit that it doesn't have an antenna.  I then launched yet another big expensive rescue rocket (my agency is now almost bankrupt) and this time I put an empty three man capsule on it for the crew being rescued and a one man capsule for the pilot so that I don't have to have a damned probe core and antenna this time. lol.  Here's hoping this one works.

• 4 weeks later...

Today Jeb learned what the E.V.A. button does:

jvtlIbV.png

He also learned to never press it during flight, the hard way . . . <_<

Still kudos for making this fly though. &)

EhSOHmh.png

Yes, there is no pilot in the cockpit anymore, hope Jeb has insurance...

Edited by Triop

On 26-11-2016 at 6:02 PM, imkrazy said:

What are you worst ksp fails?(plane, rocket or plocket!) Id love to know(because I love trying to screw up worse..........my space center is going nowhere, is it?)

KSP regularly fails me but who says I fail KSP?

• 3 weeks later...

This unmanned test:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=845996285

the plane was on top of a size 3 rocket meant to lift it to space. Thanks to CoL being in the plane while CoM was in the booster, and a lack of struts causing one of the strap on boosters to detach before the engine started, it flipped at about 150m uncontrollably. I then panicked went through abort procedure and staged through the list to try to save the plane. It ended up crashing nose first into the ground and had the front part of the body bent to the left. 

There also is the many rockets in the demo that flipped during launch and never made it to space. And the time I stranded someone on the far side of the mun, and then made the same mistake twice with unmanned landers for rescue attempts, then forgot to extend the solar panels on the next attempt, and finally landed one successfully nearby. And the time Bob exited for an EVA during reentry.

Edited by 53miner53

When to Laythe in Science mode, got the whole way there, surprisingly.  All was well, got into orbit and such, and decided to do the landing on the northern ice cap of Laythe.  This was mainly due to the fact that I was to low on Delta-V to have corrected my orbit, before and after I think.  When doing the landing I realized something I should have realized back in the VAB.  I forgot the parachutes.  Amazingly, after a few tries, I just barely landed, having had to use up every drop of liquid fuel and oxidizer at my disposal. 

Parachutes... 

Always parachutes. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/27/2016 at 6:46 PM, cubinator said:

I tried to make a bearing the other day, but instead I made an unstable Kraken drive that lasted ten seconds.

.craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! 

3 hours ago, imkrazy said:

.craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file please! .craft file 

Just so you can watch it break itself? I got higher up pushing a ship with Whack-A-Kerbal.

8 hours ago, imkrazy said:

while(3){.craft file please!}

5 hours ago, cubinator said:

Just so you can watch it break itself? I got higher up pushing a ship with Whack-A-Kerbal.

Nah, I'm sure that one intends to disect it, isolate the mechanism, and try and stabilize to capitalize on the effect.  Krakendrives are big research.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.