Helper: SDOC - Satellite Deploy Orbit Calculator

Hi together

I love to deploy multiple satellites on the same orbit. To be sure that they have all the same separation to each other I have to calculate the orbital time for my parking orbit.

The most known calculation is to put 3 satellites in a synchronious orbit around Kerbin:

(synchronious orbit period / amount of satellites) * (amount of satellites - 1)

1d = 6h = synchronious orbit period

(6h / 3) * (3-1) = 4h

So park your vessel in a 4h orbit with the AP on the edge of the synchronious orbit. Deploy every pass on the AP one satellite. When done correct you have a nice triangle around Kerbin.

So i love to do that on other bodies and in other (non-synchronious) orbits. So I had to do the math all the time.

Now I've made a little calculator and will make this accessable for all of the community which needs this.  So feel free to use it!

http://www.omfg.ch/ksp/sdoc

Its very simple and doen't check if your orbital period goes into a collision with the celestial body. So check first :).

Edit: Here an example: I cheated my craft with 4 satellites into a random eeloo orbit and calculated the values:

screenshot110.png

Edited by KingPhantom

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.