Life support advice needed.

Mapoko

Hello.

I recently came back to KSP.

Decided to start over semi-modded Hardcore (no revert, Redouts, 120% reentry etc.) 

I have very low amount of part mods. Most are just to please the eye.

But I decided to install OPM and 2 other mods that add very distant planets, as well as one more star.

I decided to use TACLS. 

I remember back in the days there were greenhouses for TACLS that helped reduce food consumption by 80-90% (Do not want 100% efficient stuff, as it is stupid) at the cost of being pretty heavy and not suitable for moving.

I assume that maybe a month from now my first trip to one of those outer planets will take years and I do not really want to lose kerbals that way.

I searched for the greenhouse or convertors, but did not find the ones I used to use back in the days when I played moded. (Havent played fully modded since .90)

I also remember that there were some kind of mining for at least water (mod back then, but now mining is stock)

Please point me out to some of those if you can find them fast. I simply can not find any.

Thanks. 

Mapoko

P.S. : This is how big my planetary system is now.

Q8DbXoH.png

TACLS has difficulty settings (in with the stock KSP difficulty settings menu) that might help you adjust your supply usage.

Sounds like Deep Freeze from @JPLRepo (the same Squad staff member that maintains TACLS) is exactly what you need. Put your Kerbs in Kryo and they won't consume life support resources during the longer portions of your journey.

Greenhouse you spoke of maybe?...

Edited by Gianni1122

Thanks, but KPBS adds too many parts for my liking (I loved the mod, but not for this save)

And about the other link - same as above - Trying to keep the extra parts to a minimum.  The TACLS containers contain 90% of the added non-stock parts.

I think I remember it was "SETI Greenhouse" or something like that, but the search on the forums times out for me for some reason. ( HTTP ERROR 500 )

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.