MKS Documentation Development

PocketBrotector

@notthebobo, are the NOM conversions up to date at https://github.com/BobPalmer/MKS/wiki/Parts:-USI-LS ?

Because I'm finding different numbers from .cfgs.

On a side note, I'm impressed how much these conversions gives. It's to little! You need more than 4 NOM 5000 to recycle all mulch from one Kerbal, and the biggest "recycler" can only feed 2 kerbals. I never used it and I'm thinking their balance is outdated. Someone here use these NOMs to say if this is like before? I think they should recycle so much more per second than what is now.

1 hour ago, Crabman said:

On a side note, I'm impressed how much these conversions gives. It's to little! You need more than 4 NOM 5000 to recycle all mulch from one Kerbal, and the biggest "recycler" can only feed 2 kerbals. I never used it and I'm thinking their balance is outdated. Someone here use these NOMs to say if this is like before? I think they should recycle so much more per second than what is now.

It seems fine as is. Yes, the smallest greenhouse isn't enough for one kerbal - but only if you don't use a good recycler, which reduces supply consumption per kerbal dramatically, in which case large greenhouses are often massive overkill.

Currently the inline recycler means you only need 21% as much Supplies, and the greenhouse mean that you can instead bring along 1/11 as much Fertilizer. Used together it's a substantial mass of equipment, but you need very few consumables no matter how long your mission is.

Again, Roverdude is expected to tune this balance soon, at which case it will make sense to revise the wiki with a detailed strategy explanation.

3 hours ago, Crabman said:

@notthebobo, are the NOM conversions up to date at https://github.com/BobPalmer/MKS/wiki/Parts:-USI-LS ?

Because I'm finding different numbers from .cfgs.

They are now up to date.  The page needs a good description of what the purifiers do, however.

11 hours ago, notthebobo said:

They are now up to date.  The page needs a good description of what the purifiers do, however.

Conceptually or technically?

Conceptually they turn water into drinkable water, making one class of supplies.  You do need more to live on than water though, so you can't gain supplies indefinitely this way.

Technically they recycle at a high percentage, using up water in the process.

Updated the USI - LS wiki with the hab parts from MKS with a note that they are provided by MKS with a link back to the release page

MKS Wiki:

Added Habitation Parts page

Added Habitation description pages.

@DStaal could you possible make some of those fancy tables for the habitation stats on the parts page?

20 hours ago, notthebobo said:

They are now up to date.

I'm getting different values, but maybe I'm looking at the wrong places. Looking at the .cfg of NOM 5000 inside of LifeSupport folder which is inside UmbraSpaceIndustries folder, for example we have:

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleResourceConverter_USI
        ConverterName = Agroponics
        tag = Agroponics
        StartActionName = Start Agroponics
        StopActionName = Stop Agroponics
        INPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = Mulch
            Ratio =  0.00012000
        }
        INPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = Fertilizer
            Ratio =  0.00001200
        }
        OUTPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = Supplies
            Ratio = 0.00013200
            DumpExcess = False
        }
        INPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = ElectricCharge
            Ratio = 0.26
        }
    }    

If my calc is wrong please tell me: 1 thing/sec = 1 * 60 sec * 60 min * 6 hours = 1 /day

From what I think, we would have per day:

Mulch: 0.00012 /sec = 0.00012 * 60 * 60 * 6 = 2.592 /day
Fertilizer: 0.000012 /sec = 0.000012 * 60 * 60 * 6 = 0.2592 /day
EC: 0.26 /sec = 0.26 * 60 * 60 * 6 = 5616 /day

and have as output:
Supplies: 0.000132 /sec = 0.000132 * 60 * 60 * 6 = 2.8512 /day, instead of 11.52 /day at wiki

And the calc of the other 2 converters are different here also.

On 11/30/2016 at 7:49 PM, Crabman said:

I'm getting different values, but maybe I'm looking at the wrong places. Looking at the .cfg of NOM 5000 inside of LifeSupport folder which is inside UmbraSpaceIndustries folder, for example we have:

@Crabman I think you're right.  I changed the Nom-O-Matics to reflect the new values.

I think the Recyclers are off, too, on the same page but I'm not really sure how to represent them.  Someone with a better USI-LS understanding should take a stab at them

3 hours ago, notthebobo said:

@Crabman I think you're right.  I changed the Nom-O-Matics to reflect the new values.

I think the Recyclers are off, too, on the same page but I'm not really sure how to represent them.  Someone with a better USI-LS understanding should take a stab at them

I've had a go at the recyclers, I've just removed old parts, added new and updated the figures. I've left them represented as they were. I've also added two parts pages with images.

I think we should amend the home page to the same style as the MKS wiki with an overview of all the pages if anyone wants a go at that? Will need the information moving out into their own pages.

Ok so the KSPedia entry is coming along nicely, i had only planed on doing around 8-10 pages when i first started and the count now stands at 48! :0.0:

42 of those are now done and only need proofreading/minor formatting so should be complete this weekend.

Are any of you amazing people willing to take on the role as a proof reader?

3 hours ago, dboi88 said:

I think we should amend the home page to the same style as the MKS wiki with an overview of all the pages if anyone wants a go at that? Will need the information moving out into their own pages.

I'll work on the home page tonight, including a new TOC area for all the new pages.

This has been a wonderful experience, seeing everyone pitch in.

If anyone get's chance before I do this new page could do with an additional section with an example calculation for how much supplies and fertilizer will be needed for x number of days mission length.

https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI-LS/wiki/Mission-Planner-Example:-Supplies

Cheers 

58 minutes ago, notthebobo said:

This has been a wonderful experience, seeing everyone pitch in.

Yes it really has

@notthebobo I've been taking a look over the changes you've made to the overall structure on the wiki. I really like what you've done. I'm looking forward to tucking into creating some of those new pages you've outlined.

On 11/29/2016 at 11:39 PM, Crabman said:

Not sure if you noticed the post in the USI LS thread about the recylers, see this page here i added the info. https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI-LS/wiki/Mission-Planner-Example:-Supplies they are basically a necessity with the nom-o-matics.

I'd also wrote off the USI LS parts without much thought because of the low productions but they're supposed to be for life support purposes rather than production purposes which is what i'm used to because i'm always making bases and colonies with production lines ect.

So with one RT-5000 and one Nom-O-Matic 25000-I you could make enough supplies for 12 kerbals. 

On 29/11/2016 at 9:47 AM, dboi88 said:

If anyone wants to check out the KSPedia entry still WIP, this will be updated nightly https://github.com/dboi88/USI-MKS-KSPedia/blob/master/MKS KSPedia/AssetBundles/mkskspedia.ksp stick it anywhere in your gamedata folder.

Just now installed this. Amazing! Really amazing, so helpful, great work @dboi88 and contributors.

Latest status from new Site Map.  I hope to get this far enough tomorrow where I'll change the Home page to reflect this new structure.

Site Map

This page captures the planned/in-progress re-do of the site to align with patch 0.50 and later.

7 hours ago, Kaa253 said:

Just now installed this. Amazing! Really amazing, so helpful, great work @dboi88 and contributors.

Cheers

I've only got 3 pages left guys! should have it wrapped up today. I've spent over 200 hours on this over the past 3 weeks, I can't wait to get back to playing KSP lol

3 hours ago, dboi88 said:

KSPedia entry is complete

46 Screens

138 Pages long

210 Images

7840 Words

yQfB2C6.png

Hate to say it, but there's a typo in there, I think.  :wink:  (You've got 'One your Hab timers reach...', I think you meant 'Once your Hab timers reach...')

1 minute ago, DStaal said:

Hate to say it, but there's a typo in there, I think.  :wink:  (You've got 'One your Hab timers reach...', I think you meant 'Once your Hab timers reach...')

Yes lol that is a typo, i'm sure there'll be a few more. I'll keep track of any reported and fix them all when i update it with all the charts and graphs once the numbers have settled and all been worked out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.