MKS Documentation Development

PocketBrotector

Major Wiki Change

I've changed the TOC on the home page to use the new structure advertised on the Site Map. Most of the pages are done, but as shown below there are some that still need content, which should match closely (if not exactly) the KSPedia entries shown below.  Any help is appreciated.  The Site Mpa is also linked on the Home page.

Site Map

This page captures the planned/in-progress re-do of the site to align with patch 0.50 and later.

@dboi88 Found a typo in USI - MKS > Base Construction > Servos & Magnets > 1 Minimiszes Part Settings

By the look of things the font you use doesn't have 'bold' style. It is possible to simulate it by duplicating a word and nudging it to the side 2-3 pixels. Other types of decorating headers are underlining, backckdrop color, frames.

I desperately needed this info you guys are digging and consolidating, thank you so much for your work. 

CljbOpB.jpg

19 hours ago, dboi88 said:

That's not a typo, i'm just British :wink: 

You've inadvertently revealed the next major phase of development for MKSpedia - localizations! First order of business: creating separate versions for British and American English. :P

Edited by PocketBrotector

@paul23 Hi, i've updated the wiki to include your new patch. See here

https://github.com/BobPalmer/MKS/wiki/Mod-Support

Does MKS still come with a config for TAC? will the user need to delete that before installing your pack? It'd be great if you could add any download and installation instructions to page if any are required. Or let me know and i'll update it for you.

Thanks again!

Actually atm MKS does include a TAC_USI.cfg file. This file, however is only working for a very small part (many things changed on both ends).

The patch I wrote *should* overwrite all the changes in tac_usi file again. (it loads after USI). Notice however it is still "alpha": in the sense that the numbers used might be incorrect/bad and change soon. (Goal is balancing gameplay).

Just now, paul23 said:

Actually atm MKS does include a TAC_USI.cfg file. This file, however is only working for a very small part (many things changed on both ends).

The patch I wrote *should* overwrite all the changes in tac_usi file again. (it loads after USI). Notice however it is still "alpha": in the sense that the numbers used might be incorrect/bad and change soon. (Goal is balancing gameplay).

Cheers, i've made it clear that it is still Alpha and also linked your profile and asked that all feedback comes your way. I hope that is ok.

OK, other than some cleanup, I think the WIki should be considered "updated".  If you have the time or inclination, please take a look at any of the items below needing attention.  If you finish a section, please update the Site Map so everyone else knows it's done.

Site Map

This page captures the planned/in-progress re-do of the site to align with patch 0.50 and later.

Legend

✅ = Done
⭕️ = Needs to be reviewed
❌ : = Needs to be created

Again, thanks to all the contributors, and especially the parallel MKS KSPedia effort.  I think this will realy help people enjoy mod.

On 12/12/2016 at 11:10 PM, DStaal said:

No issues per se, but I think it would be worth mentioning in there someplace that resources are always 'pulled': You need something with a bit of storage and a *need* for the resource for a resource to transfer.

I'd class that as an issue. I'm trying to make these as abundantly clear as i can so i'll try and make this clearer. I'm going to try some arrows making it clear it is one way and ad a 5th slide confirming the 'rules' that 'Scavenging' will always follow.

Hi @Enceos We've only got this page for now https://github.com/BobPalmer/MKS/wiki/Functions%3A-Med-Bay-%26-Colony-Supplies . Basically they are automatically accumulated, by all modules. You can use the pioneer module to check for colony rewards (make sure you have storage for them or they will be lost). You can make colony supplies using organics and is quite difficult.To use them you need a Colonisation module, when you run the colonisation module it makes your hab and home timers tick in reverse and uses colony supplies, this only works on Crew members that have not already expired. Expired crew members can be 'resuscitated' with the med bay again using colony supplies and stops working once they've been 'resuscitated'.

But you probably already knew all that, if you are looking for more specifics about the amounts used/generated ect. i don't think anyone has sat down and worked that out yet. Hopefully when RD's finished balancing and releases the master spreadsheets we'll be able to fill in that sort of info.

16 minutes ago, dboi88 said:

Version 2. 

Any one think there's anything else that could be added/changed/removed to make it clearer in anyway?

wc11Xok.png

One thought on this section: From what I understand resource transfers are extended to 2km if any distribution helper is available - The Karibou being one, but so are the Duna and Tundra distribution hubs.  (And at one point you needed a pilot - not sure if that's in the rework for 1.2.)

Just now, DStaal said:

One thought on this section: From what I understand resource transfers are extended to 2km if any distribution helper is available - The Karibou being one, but so are the Duna and Tundra distribution hubs.  (And at one point you needed a pilot - not sure if that's in the rework for 1.2.)

I'd forgotten that. What do you think about removing any mention of 2km, then doing the next section on 'Resource Distribution (2 km)' where we start by explaining it is an extension of the Scavenging mechanic and then give examples using the parts that provide the 2km extension? Say Base - Rover - Base, Base - Base. That way we can provide a clear explanation of the uses and rules of the extended range without muddying the understanding of Scavenging.

15 minutes ago, dboi88 said:

I'd forgotten that. What do you think about removing any mention of 2km, then doing the next section on 'Resource Distribution (2 km)' where we start by explaining it is an extension of the Scavenging mechanic and then give examples using the parts that provide the 2km extension? Say Base - Rover - Base, Base - Base. That way we can provide a clear explanation of the uses and rules of the extended range without muddying the understanding of Scavenging.

Sounds good to me.  I might throw one line into this section saying something like 'Scavenging can be extended via Resource Distribution' - just as a pointer to let people who are only reading this page know that there is more, without actually trying to muddle in an explanation.

(It might be useful in that section to also have Warehouse - Base and Warehouse - Rover - Base examples, but that's another discussion.)

Was just noticing, based on a comment I was making in the MKS thread - that the wiki doesn't seem to have anything dealing with colonization bonuses.  It's a bit of an esoteric concept: A mostly passive bonus you get just from having Kerbals in place.  But it does add up and is useful, so it would be good to have something in place.  (And I'll admit it's a topic I've never felt I understood fully under UKS.)

5 hours ago, DStaal said:

Was just noticing, based on a comment I was making in the MKS thread - that the wiki doesn't seem to have anything dealing with colonization bonuses.  It's a bit of an esoteric concept: A mostly passive bonus you get just from having Kerbals in place.  But it does add up and is useful, so it would be good to have something in place.  (And I'll admit it's a topic I've never felt I understood fully under UKS.)

Agreed. But I'm equally in the dark on this one. Anyone feel they could have a go at this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.