MarlboroMan

ISS Community Project Revived

2KNm8VX.jpg

8Q5oId7.jpg

[Download link removed for now]

Recommended Mods

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Known Bugs

Soyuz parachute has major issues----Recommend using stock radial parachute for now

This was way too good of a mod to let die. I have only edited config files to make it work in KSP 1.2.1, mainly the attachment nodes. There is still a lot of tidying up of the config files, categories are a bit all over the place. I'm happy to continue working on this if im not in violation of any rules by doing so. RO support is planned when it is updated.

The original license for the ISS community project is open to tinker and redistribute, the BobCat content may be in violation, if it is i'll regretfully remove it.

Original thread

Edited by monstah
Removed download link while license is sorted out

On 11/28/2016 at 8:49 AM, MarlboroMan said:

ISS Community Project Revived

This was way too good of a mod to let die. I have only edited config files to make it work in KSP 1.2.1, mainly the attachment nodes. There is still a lot of tidying up of the config files, categories are a bit all over the place. I'm happy to continue working on this if im not in violation of any rules by doing so. RO support is planned when it is updated.

The original license for the ISS community project is open to tinker and redistribute, the BobCat content may be in violation, if it is i'll regretfully remove it.

Original thread

I would advise you to try to contact the author and let them know of your intent to take over this work.  It's always a good idea to get their permission, even if the license allows for it, just as a good business practice.  Additionally, they may have additional material, plans or insights you may benefit from.

On 28/11/2016 at 0:49 PM, MarlboroMan said:

On 01/06/2014 at 11:17 PM, Dragon01 said:

All original BobCat ind. content - all rights reserved and belong to BobCat.

That quote is from the post you just linked. I'll edit out your download link while you sort this out.

Oh, come on... the license is OK... the license clarity has been brought up before, in MANY of the BobCat "redux" threads... and they've all been allowed to slide...
Cant we ust Pleeze-has-cheesburger-Community-ISS, too ?   Go ahead, let this one fly...
Especially when this one is SOOO much better than CxA, or HabTech, or even FusTek... :rolleyes:

Edited by Stone Blue

Since it's just the soviet parts with the 'All Rights Reserved' problem, have you looked at refitting the parts that connect to them to work with RaiderNick's mods instead of BobCat's?  His are also intended for RO, so you'd probably still need to make some MM configs for stock. 

I think the parts you need are in SovietSpacecraft: https://github.com/KSP-RO/SovietSpacecraft/releases

I've PMed Dragon01

@superdavekerman The ISS PMA (Pressurized mating adapter) is compatible with the standard docking port so would be easily mated to @raidernicks parts. If I don't/can't get BobCats blessing to update his parts i'll remove them altogether.

edit:Everthing behind PMA1 is BobCats, that includes Zarya and Zvezda modules.

Edited by MarlboroMan

So I'm a little annoyed (at myself for not searching better) to find @Mike-NZ has been through all this a over year ago in this thread. Especially after I asked specifically in the other ISS thread.

At the same time I'm pleased that he has done an epic job and there are more parts and it's easier to build.

It still needs a few pieces fixed for 1.2.1 and RO so i'll go ahead and do that unless i hear otherwise.