[1.2.X] Horizon Aeronautics - Zenit 3SLB Redux

Delta_8930

LBPOr5X.png   

is proud to present....

The Zenit 3SLB launch system!

zEZsbK9.jpg

This mod was originally created by the wonderful @stubbles, who at that time created one of the best rocket packs out there. This pack contains the Zenit-3SLB booster, updated for KSP 1.2.X by @MeCripp, who also included support for Animated Decouplers and Procedural Fairings. Unfortunately, after the release of v1.2, meant for KSP 0.23.5, all work on this project was terminated. After a long hiatus, @MeCrippand I are excited to bring this mod back to the KSP Community. 

The Zenit booster is a medium-heavy launch vehicle, capable of carrying heavy payloads to Geostationary orbit. This Zenit can bring ~10-15T to Geosynchronous orbit. It is compatible with FAR, KWRocketry, MechJeb, and DeadlyReentry. 
For more information about Zenit: Click here!
8eNFnoP.jpg

uK85Df0.jpg
 License: Non-Commercial CC BY-NC

Future Plans:
Spoiler

- RealPlume compatibility

- Compatibility for Old School Fairings

Mods included with this download:
REQUIRED (If you want to use the craft file; I'll make one without the struts at a later date)
Recommended mods (soft dependencies)
HAPPY LAUNCHINGS!

Edited by Delta_8930

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

I know you have a link to the imgur albums in the OP, but you should either increase the size of that text and/or embed at least one for posterity.

Got it. How do you embed the albums again? The new forum software screwed everything up...

Just now, Delta_8930 said:

Got it. How do you embed the albums again? The new forum software screwed everything up...

You can't, so just pasting the direct link to one of the images (if you double click it after embedding, you can set the image to be a link as well!) is probably the best you can hope for right now.

And it wasn't the forum software, it's Imgur removing most of their embedding functionality so that people have to visit the site. Their previous model wasn't sustainable - hosting images elsewhere without anyone ever visiting the site isn't a good way to bring in revenue.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

You can't, so just pasting the direct link to one of the images (if you double click it after embedding, you can set the image to be a link as well!) is probably the best you can hope for right now.

And it wasn't the forum software, it's Imgur removing most of their embedding functionality so that people have to visit the site. Their previous model wasn't sustainable - hosting images elsewhere without anyone ever visiting the site isn't a good way to bring in revenue.

That's not good. I might look for another platform to host images (so that the OP won't just be a jumble of text).

39 minutes ago, MeCripp said:

@CobaltWolf did ksp change the flag holder settings a some point ? The flag don't cover all what it did how can that be fixed ?

What's wrong with the flag overlay?

26 minutes ago, Delta_8930 said:

That's not good. I might look for another platform to host images (so that the OP won't just be a jumble of text).

What's wrong with the flag overlay?

You see the white around the flag on the HA3SLStage3Shroud part and i found a bug to fix :(

So, looking at some images of IRL Zenits, I can't see any that have that hammerhead style fairing - indeed, it appears that the Blok-D in the mod is significantly wider that the IRL one. This isn't a criticism, more just curiosity - is there a Zenit configuration that I'm missing? Or is it just a result of artistic/gameplay considerations?

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/images/rockets/zenit/zenit2_zenit3_scale_1.jpg

20 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

So, looking at some images of IRL Zenits, I can't see any that have that hammerhead style fairing - indeed, it appears that the Blok-D in the mod is significantly wider that the IRL one. This isn't a criticism, more just curiosity - is there a Zenit configuration that I'm missing? Or is it just a result of artistic/gameplay considerations?

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/images/rockets/zenit/zenit2_zenit3_scale_1.jpg

Well, the Zenit in this pack isn't a 100% replica of the real thing; it was originally designed for KSP after all. The Block DM-03 for Zenit is supposed to be slightly smaller in size than the original Block D meant for the N1-L3. There were also Zenits that used Fregats as upper stages. Like what I said earlier, I'm sure the author made his models to make the mod fit with the standard 2.5m part size. 

Also, on an unrelated note, is it possible to embed images from other sites like photo bucket? If so, how?

Edited by Delta_8930

8 minutes ago, Delta_8930 said:

Well, the Zenit in this pack isn't a 100% replica of the real thing; it was originally designed for KSP after all. The Block DM-03 for Zenit is supposed to be slightly smaller in size than the original Block D meant for the N1-L3. There were also Zenits that used Fregats as upper stages. Like what I said earlier, I'm sure the author made his models to make the mod fit with the standard 2.5m part size. 

Also, on an unrelated note, is it possible to embed images from other sites like photo bucket? If so, how?

Makes sense, I was just wondering. :)

And yeah, I just paste in the direct image link (ie, the one that ends with .jpg, etc) and hit space and it auto embeds.

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

And yeah, I just paste in the direct image link (ie, the one that ends with .jpg, etc) and hit space and it auto embeds.

It's THAT simple?! Man, I've got to try this out. I have a few exams coming up soon to study for, but I will get around to fixing those minor issues. 

i like the fairings in this mod. kinda like the aies ones but rounder. im gonna stop there hehe. 

MODULE

{

name = ModuleDecouple

ejectionForce = 100

explosiveNodeID = top
  }

MODULE

{

name = ModuleToggleCrossfeed

crossfeedStatus = false

toggleEditor = true

toggleFlight = true

}

this is what you need to add decouplers/fuel xfeed to the fairing bases. explosiveNodeID = top  you would need to double check the top node name

project energia is another good russian mod and chaka monkey retextured the rd275k from kosmos among other stuff making it the best looking motor in the game. 

6 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Makes sense, I was just wondering. :)

Wait...What do you exactly mean by this? I have the images posted to flickr and I pasted in the link to the image (https://www.flickr.com/gp/146748732@N05/Lk5z58). I hit space and nothing happens. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Nice mod, a few problems while working on the Netkan file:

• The zip file has a __MACOSX directory which probably shouldn't be there
  • There are .DS_Store directories in various places
  • No .version file.  
  • Still listed as 1.2.1 on Spacedock

@MeCripp, @Delta_8930

The problems listed above are significant, especially the numerous .DS_Store directories, which is making it impossible for CKAN to process the file

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@MeCripp, @Delta_8930

The problems listed above are significant, especially the numerous .DS_Store directories, which is making it impossible for CKAN to process the file

I will pull this mod off of CKAN later this week when I have time, and I will also remove the other directories since I work on a Mac. I will also make the .version for the next update.

Oh, btw, the current version works in 1.2.2. I could've sworn that I updated that listing yesterday...I'll double check. 

Just now, Delta_8930 said:

I will pull this mod off of CKAN later this week when I have time, and I will also remove the other directories since I work on a Mac. I will also make the .version for the next update.

Oh, btw, the current version works in 1.2.2. I could've sworn that I updated that listing yesterday...I'll double check. 

No need to pull it off.  just let me know when it is fixed, and I'll get the process going again.  it isn't hurting, just not available

Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2016 at 8:24 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Nice mod, a few problems while working on the Netkan file:

• The zip file has a __MACOSX directory which probably shouldn't be there
  • There are .DS_Store directories in various places
  • No .version file.  
  • Still listed as 1.2.1 on Spacedock

@Delta_8930

Could you please fix the download file?  It is causing problems

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hmm... I just install this mod.. Nice rocket! But... It's for Kerbol's system! How can i use it for RSS??? Really want to start a real zenith from Earth! Maybe you can do a little tuning of the rocket? It is only necessary to change the size of stages and thrust of engines..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.