[1.12.x] Navball docking alignment indicator (Community Edition, v2)

linuxgurugamer

Since @Leeman hasn't been around, and I needed to use this, I've revived it for 1.2.1.  Most of the following text is just copied from the previous thread (here) and the original thread (here)

Navball docking alignment indicator (Community Edition)

To begin with, it is just fair to say that @mic_e is the original Author of this mod. His thread can be found here. As stated in this thread as I personally like this mod alot and he wasn't online for 3 Months I decided to pick it up and continue it's development in his absence. License and all will be kept exactly the same, the only difference will be the name (added Community Edition for clarity) and the sourcecode obviously.

Now a little bit about this mod, what it does and what you use it for.

Ever had the issue that when you were planning a rendevouz in space and wanted to dock to your target however it was a pain in the a** due to rotation of camera, lightning or some other reason? Well then this mod might be just the mod you are looking for. This will add a new Marker to the Navball to show if you are aligned with the targeted Dockingport. (You can also tell the targets rotation by it if you need it) and this will save you lot of fiddeling and switching back and forth to double and triple check. It really is just a minimalistic mod and yet so usefull

Features

• Add a new marker to the navball to indicate Dockingport alignment
  • You can change the color of the marker via a config (r, g, b values)

Pictures:

Screenshots

It's just a red marker on the navball. So enjoy the following pictures of red markers... on navballs. They even have descriptions!

docking0.png

We're directly facing the alignment marker. As you can see, the vessels are off quite a bit, but their docking ports are precisely parallel. The target velocity marker is used to 'push' the position marker in the direction of the alignment marker. As soon as it has arrived there, the velocity marker is moved onto the alignment marker.

docking1.png

Where to download:

Github: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE/releases

Spacedock:  http://spacedock.info/mod/1098/Navball%20Docking%20Alignment%20Indicator%20CE-2

it also is available via CKAN

License: GNU GPL v3

Source Github

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

Issues and Suggestions:

Here or on Github

Changelogs (newest Version on top):

Version 1.0.1.1

• Built for KSP 1.2.1
  • Added versioning into assembly

Version: 1.01

• change color of  the marker via config; By default red;

Version 1.0b

• Fixed issue where marker did not disappear on vessel / target change

Version 1.0a

• Disabled Debugging Information as in toggleable via Hotkey

Version 1.0

• Rewrote most of the code ("legacy" code is marked in the SourceCode)
  • Compatible with KSP 1.1
Edited by linuxgurugamer

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have a list of about 6 other mods I need for my own career :D

Your own career? You mean your KSP career? It amazes me that you still find the time to actually play the game yourself, with all those mods you create and maintain.

Anyway, man, thanks again for your work, it is greatly appreciated.

1 minute ago, Dafni said:

Your own career? You mean your KSP career? It amazes me that you still find the time to actually play the game yourself, with all those mods you create and maintain.

Anyway, man, thanks again for your work, it is greatly appreciated.

Actually, I've been so busy, I haven't yet started a 1.2.1 career

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Another ideal feature would be a pilot/SAS "hold docking port alignment" - "hold target" only kinda works on the last few meters, usually enough, but it would be a nice addition to a pilots "skill tree".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.