[1.12.x] Navball docking alignment indicator (Community Edition, v2)

linuxgurugamer

19 hours ago, KerbMav said:

Another ideal feature would be a pilot/SAS "hold docking port alignment" - "hold target" only kinda works on the last few meters, usually enough, but it would be a nice addition to a pilots "skill tree".

FWIW, MechJeb has that feature.

29 minutes ago, Three_Pounds said:

Awesome. I think I'll use this instead of navifish's mod.

They go hand in hand for me - I use navifish's for the last 20 meters, the lines indicating translation are really helpful.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Patrick Kerbin said:

Sadly, this doesn't contain any intall.txt file on how to install this.  I am guessing the NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE.dll goes in the Plugin directory under the KSP main directory, but I see a MiniAVC.dll, and have no clue where to put that.

No.  Copy the folder inside the gamedata folder in the zip file to the gamedata folder in your KSP install. All mods go inside the gamedata folder. In a clean install, the only folder in gamedata is “Squad”. Make sure you don’t accidentally create nested gamedata folders, i.e., gamedata/gamedata.

On 2/1/2018 at 11:49 PM, Patrick Kerbin said:

Sadly, this doesn't contain any intall.txt file on how to install this.  I am guessing the NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE.dll goes in the Plugin directory under the KSP main directory, but I see a MiniAVC.dll, and have no clue where to put that.

All of my mods install properly with CKAN, I recommend that instead of manual installs

• 1 month later...

For those that are interested, this seems to still work in the recent 1.4 KSP update. This makes me happy as I LOVE this mod. Please note the date of this post though, as next week is the release date for the new expansion. ... and thanks for all your great work, linuxgurugamer.

On 3/10/2018 at 2:59 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I will not provide any support for 1.4.* until I rebuild the mod for 1.4.  You are on your own

For those who think I insulted someone, this was not an insult, or at least, not intended as one.  I don't understand how it can be seen as an insult.

I have over 130 mods to update, and am getting lots of these types of messages.  Read what I said.  It is  short and to the point.  

The mod will get updated, but it's going to take a couple of weeks

Please be patient

On 3/9/2018 at 12:31 PM, Zommoz said:

For those that are interested, this seems to still work in the recent 1.4 KSP update. This makes me happy as I LOVE this mod. Please note the date of this post though, as next week is the release date for the new expansion. ... and thanks for all your great work, linuxgurugamer.

Your welcome

• 2 weeks later...

linuxgurugamer, I appreciate the update for 1.4.1. I've been using the 1.3.1 version without issue.  I especially appreciate all the mods you provide or have taken over from the dearly departed mod authors.  Your modding skills greatly enhance the KSP experience.  Ignore the naysayers.

Something tells me that every time KSP is updated, you then look at your 130 mods, and silently say, "Oh sh-t...not again"  LOL

Edited by Apollo13

Though I updated, and it does seemingly work without issue, I am still getting the "Unsupported KSP version... Pleasure use 1.3.1" for the latest release from Github 1.0.4. I even deleted the entire mod and re-unzipped over a fresh copy just to make sure there were no conflicts with earlier mod installs. 

I know you have like thousands of mods under your care and this is one of the least utilized ones, since it still works this is no big deal, but still thought you might like to know or others might like to know.

Edited by Haze-Zero

1 hour ago, Haze-Zero said:

Though I updated, and it does seemingly work without issue, I am still getting the "Unsupported KSP version... Pleasure use 1.3.1" for the latest release from Github 1.0.4. I even deleted the entire mod and re-unzipped over a fresh copy just to make sure there were no conflicts with earlier mod installs. 

I know you have like thousands of mods under your care and this is one of the least utilized ones, since it still works this is no big deal, but still thought you might like to know or others might like to know.

Oops.  Looks like I forgot to update the .version file.  Ill take care of that when I get home.

• 1 month later...

Oh, awesome, this is working fine under 1.4.3. I finally updated to 1.4.x and bought MH, and then noticed i hadn't gotten this yet. I just couldn't dock my shiny new 5m tanker to my Jool Station waiting to leave LKO after multiple attempts! Installed this and easily got it in one. Thanks again, LGG!

Now to go find "All Y'All"

2 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Oh, awesome, this is working fine under 1.4.3. I finally updated to 1.4.x and bought MH, and then noticed i hadn't gotten this yet. I just couldn't dock my shiny new 5m tanker to my Jool Station waiting to leave LKO after multiple attempts! Installed this and easily got it in one. Thanks again, LGG!

Now to go find "All Y'All"

All Y'All should also be fine

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Apparently this does not work on extendable docking ports, like the ones from @Nertea's station parts redux pack. 

@linuxgurugamer why is it not possible to use this with those types of ports?

Otherwise, lovely mod :)

EDIT: for some reason, it started to work when I quicksaved and quickloaded.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Apparently this does not work on extendable docking ports, like the ones from @Nertea's station parts redux pack. 

@linuxgurugamer why is it not possible to use this with those types of ports?

Otherwise, lovely mod :)

EDIT: for some reason, it started to work when I quicksaved and quickloaded.

No reason why it shouldn't.  It works with whatever is the current target, doesn't matter what the target is.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No reason why it shouldn't.  It works with whatever is the current target, doesn't matter what the target is.

I'm pretty sure the indicator only activates when the target is a docking port. I assumed this was intended behaviour.

2 hours ago, ExtremeSquared said:

I'm pretty sure the indicator only activates when the target is a docking port. I assumed this was intended behaviour.

That may be, but it's using standard KSP logic.

If you are too far away from a docking port, you won't be able to target it.

Edit: Nevermind, that guy's issue cleared itself up. Disregard entirely.

I'm suggesting that whatever stops NDAI from activating on the navball when a probe core is the target may be causing issues with a mod docking port. It works fine with the SpaceY docking parts that I use, so I can't really help troubleshoot further.

Edited by ExtremeSquared

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2018 at 2:45 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

For those who think I insulted someone, this was not an insult, or at least, not intended as one.  I don't understand how it can be seen as an insult.

I have over 130 mods to update, and am getting lots of these types of messages.  Read what I said.  It is  short and to the point.  

The mod will get updated, but it's going to take a couple of weeks

Please be patient

Your welcome

I would like to help out with recompiling mods. I have been trying to work out the process accordingly in terms of updating these in order for each particular version. I would like to discuss this with you in more detail as time permits with you. 

Kind regards,

:ph34r:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.