Suggestions for future updates

Suggestion  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which suggestion?

• Detailing the planets more
    • Being able to create bases and launchpads
    • Expanding the campaign

I myself am HORRIBLE at this game, I haven't even made it to the Mun! But, I honestly think that this is a amazing game so I have some suggestions, you can vote for which suggestion you like the most.

1-Detailing the planets more

2-Being able to create bases which you can walk into and decorate on other planets/moons AND being able to make launchpads on other planets (suggestion from panzer1b)

3-Expanding the campaign

If you have more suggestions, please feel free to comment!

Edited by thekerbal
Edited polls

18 minutes ago, thekerbal said:

I myself am HORRIBLE at this game, I haven't even made it to the Mun! But, I honestly think that this is a amazing game so I have some suggestions, you can vote for which suggestion you like the most.

1-Detailing the planets more

Yes.

2-Being able to create bases which you can walk into and decorate on other planets/moons

I don't think we need a colonising aspect to the game, but others disagree.

3-Expanding the campaign

No one likes the current campaign. So changes would be good.

4-Steam Workshop

No. Because not everyone has KSP through Steam or want to switch to Steam. In any case it is not needed.

5-Not having a limit for ship size

There isn't. The only limit is your hardware.

6-Teleportation for sandbox

Already exists.

I have to say my top from your list would be redoing the stock planets because some of them are literally atrocious (especially the god awful stock textures) and lack low level surface details that make a planet actually interesting to explore.  Its not that the current planets are unuseable, but itd be so much nicer if they had more low level detail such as canyons, trenches (so we can have starfighter dogfights while dodging terrain left and right), volcanoes, mesas, ect, and id also love to see at least some attempt at making a few synthetic constructs on kerbin and possibly another planet (even a few rectangular buildings with basic textures on them is better then nothing, so we can at least have the feel that kerbin is alive and not everyone lives inside the KSC).

Second option is also good, although what id really love to see stock is something akin to extraplanetary launchpads that allows you to set up a base at a location of your choice, and provided you bring enough materials to said location, lets you build and launch ships from that base.  This would make interplanetary gameplay much more fun because you can kinda colonize a planet and then set up a mini KSP onsite allowing you to use IRSU or delivered payload to create ships on the ground.

Edited by panzer1b

On 11/30/2016 at 9:48 PM, panzer1b said:

I have to say my top from your list would be redoing the stock planets because some of them are literally atrocious (especially the god awful stock textures) and lack low level surface details that make a planet actually interesting to explore.  Its not that the current planets are unuseable, but itd be so much nicer if they had more low level detail such as canyons, trenches (so we can have starfighter dogfights while dodging terrain left and right), volcanoes, mesas, ect, and id also love to see at least some attempt at making a few synthetic constructs on kerbin and possibly another planet (even a few rectangular buildings with basic textures on them is better then nothing, so we can at least have the feel that kerbin is alive and not everyone lives inside the KSC).

Second option is also good, although what id really love to see stock is something akin to extraplanetary launchpads that allows you to set up a base at a location of your choice, and provided you bring enough materials to said location, lets you build and launch ships from that base.  This would make interplanetary gameplay much more fun because you can kinda colonize a planet and then set up a mini KSP onsite allowing you to use IRSU or delivered payload to create ships on the ground.

Thanks for your ideas

On 11/30/2016 at 9:26 PM, Gaarst said:

Yes.

I don't think we need a colonising aspect to the game, but others disagree.

No one likes the current campaign. So changes would be good.

No. Because not everyone has KSP through Steam or want to switch to Steam. In any case it is not needed.

There isn't. The only limit is your hardware.

Already exists.

I have some questions,

Alot of games have steam workshop even though its also available on other websites, it just makes it easier to download mods, you just have to click a button.

The area where you build has a height limit, is that not with you?

How do you teleport?

Thanks

8 hours ago, thekerbal said:

I have some questions,

Alot of games have steam workshop even though its also available on other websites, it just makes it easier to download mods, you just have to click a button.

Except I and others don't have KSP on Steam and don't wish to have it on Steam. Developing mods on the Workshop may cause some mods to be available for only a part of players.

Also, to install mods on KSP you already have to just click a button (ok maybe two buttons), it's one of the simple games to mod: download, unzip and tadaa.

The area where you build has a height limit, is that not with you?

The VAB has restrictions in size but not crafts. Even though it's tedious you can build as big as you want by offsetting your craft so that the part you are building is in the VAB.

If you are OK with mods, the mod Hangar Extender allows to extend the VAB and build large things more simply.

How do you teleport?

You can enable the Cheats menu by pressing Alt+F12 (on Windows), there there is an "orbit editor" (or whatever it's called) which allows you to teleport crafts wherever you want. It's not a teleporter or stargate part, but it's fine as it is.

1 hour ago, Gaarst said:

Except I and others don't have KSP on Steam and don't wish to have it on Steam. Developing mods on the Workshop may cause some mods to be available for only a part of players.

Also, to install mods on KSP you already have to just click a button (ok maybe two buttons), it's one of the simple games to mod: download, unzip and tadaa.

The VAB has restrictions in size but not crafts. Even though it's tedious you can build as big as you want by offsetting your craft so that the part you are building is in the VAB.

If you are OK with mods, the mod Hangar Extender allows to extend the VAB and build large things more simply.

You can enable the Cheats menu by pressing Alt+F12 (on Windows), there there is an "orbit editor" (or whatever it's called) which allows you to teleport crafts wherever you want. It's not a teleporter or stargate part, but it's fine as it is.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, thekerbal said:

I absolutely hate steam workshop since it makes it impossible to obtain mods (legally at least) without owning said game on steam itself.  Given that many people own the game from the store or through 3rd parties like gog.com, steam workshop, despite convenience, is a very bad idea that will only split the community even further.  While its unlikely for all mod devs to instantly switch to steam workshop, its likely that at least some of them will go workshop and not bother uploading mods elsewhere, and some will not bother with steam workshop (which will likely end with some people not using mods at all if they are on steam and assume the workshop is the only method to obtain mods).

Its not that steam workshop is inherently bad, but until it allows people to download the mod files and install them without owning the game on steam, i have to say flat out no way to steam workshop for KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.