[1.12.x] QuantumStrutsContinued - Magical Struts for Rigidifying Outside the VAB!

linuxgurugamer

13 hours ago, Jognt said:

What kind of forces can Quantum Struts (or regular struts for that matter) deal with? Are there different max forces for different directions (pushing, pulling, sheering, etc) or is it a more simple 'connected like they're welded'?

I believe it's like a normal strut

• 5 months later...
33 minutes ago, Yaaar's Revenge said:

Just installed and tested the mod with 1.8.1 and it works perfectly, except both the regular strut gun and quantum strut gun are purple - I assume there is a texture missing?

Wanted to flag it in case it was a problem nobody had spotted. Great work on it though!

Thank you for the report.

Most likely the texture got renamed, I'll get it fixed this evening (if not sooner)

35 minutes ago, Yaaar's Revenge said:

Just installed and tested the mod with 1.8.1 and it works perfectly, except both the regular strut gun and quantum strut gun are purple - I assume there is a texture missing?

Wanted to flag it in case it was a problem nobody had spotted. Great work on it though!

Did you follow the instructions about running a script after installing?  Things changed back in 1.7, there are two scripts (one for Windows and one for Linux/Mac) which copies the textures from the new location.

I can't include the files due to copyright

18 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thank you for the report.

Most likely the texture got renamed, I'll get it fixed this evening (if not sooner)

Texture appears to be in the same place.  I haven't tested the mod yet, but could it be the texture no longer loads in KSP 1.8?  They did drop support for some DDS files.

9 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Texture appears to be in the same place.  I haven't tested the mod yet, but could it be the texture no longer loads in KSP 1.8?  They did drop support for some DDS files.

Well, the script copies it directly from the Squad file, so if it's not working, then that will be something to report to Squad, but I'll need to verify this. Most likely he didn't run the post-install script 

3 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Note that that script still doesn't appear to work on Mac - it just created an empty folder called 'Space' when I ran it.  (I'm thinking I created a Perl version for you at one point - was that some other mod?)

It was, but I don't remember which one right now

....because I think things are being lost in translation...

Spoiler

852E39DC0E7BD35C25B99A684BD3574331045E4D

[ERR 16:02:17.952] Module QuantumStrut threw during OnStart: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: shader
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Material.CreateWithShader(UnityEngine.Material,UnityEngine.Shader)
  at UnityEngine.Material..ctor (UnityEngine.Shader shader) [0x00007] in <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0 
  at QuantumStrut.QuantumStrut.OnStart (PartModule+StartState state) [0x0008b] in <b1aacd4811714817abef10d9efdba621>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00120] in <5b6ca6486e0b47a1bce39cde5a91b986>:0 

[LOG 16:02:17.952] [AutoStrut] Material: KSP/Sprite
[ERR 16:02:17.953] Module QuantumStrut threw during OnStart: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Material.CreateWithShader(UnityEngine.Material,UnityEngine.Shader)
  at UnityEngine.Material..ctor (UnityEngine.Shader shader) [0x00007] in <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0 
  at QuantumStrut.QuantumStrut.OnStart (PartModule+StartState state) [0x0008b] in <b1aacd4811714817abef10d9efdba621>:0 

5 minutes ago, Manwith Noname said:

....because I think things are being lost in translation...

Reveal hidden contents

852E39DC0E7BD35C25B99A684BD3574331045E4D

[ERR 16:02:17.952] Module QuantumStrut threw during OnStart: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

[LOG 16:02:17.952] [AutoStrut] Material: KSP/Sprite
[ERR 16:02:17.953] Module QuantumStrut threw during OnStart: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

You still haven't answered the question, did you run the post-install script?

and what system are you running on?

I didn't answer the question because I'm not the person that reported it poorly that you asked. I'm the person that noticed everyone is talking about textures when pink/purple things means shader problems and decided to try and be helpful by saying that, then when it was seemingly glossed over, downloaded the mod, took a screenshot and found the exception.

To answer your question though, no, I didn't run the bat file because the folders, model and texture were already in the download. It's not related to the textures or the model being missing.

Edit: Oh...Windows.

Edited by Manwith Noname

7 minutes ago, Manwith Noname said:

You're welcome. I only really did what I did because I know how much you do. Less time chasing dead ends and all that.

And it is very much appreciated.  Sorry I was a bit curt, I'm in a big business meeting, don't have a lot of time to respond

New release, 1.7.5.1

• Fixed shader issue in 1.8
  • Changed part configs to use current part model instead of deprecated part model
  • Depreciated the QuantumStrut part, will still be available to legacy craft
  • Replaced QuantumStrut part with QuantumStrut2 part, using models from KAS Legacy

11 minutes ago, Yaaar's Revenge said:

Thanks for the update! Yeah I forgot to run the script, have installed new version and run script and all working great! (I'll read the instructions properly next time lol)

Thanks again for the extremely quick fix and update though :)

1.7.5.1 doesnt need that anymore

• 6 months later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer!

First off all: thank you sooo much for your work with all the mods. You helped out a lot of players!

I am using KSP 1.7.2. The reason is, that some for me essential mods are not running with KSP 1.8+ versions.

So, the QuantumStruts are essential for my VTOLs. But unfortunaltely I can not make the mod work.

I am using the mod-version 1.7.5.1 and tryed following your instructions. I am using Windows and thereofre was looking to find the requested "Windows_CopyTextures.bat". But not even your master files I can find the file "Windows_CopyTextures.bat". And therefore I am not able to use the struts.

What am I donig wrong?

Kind regards

1 hour ago, WolfS said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer!

First off all: thank you sooo much for your work with all the mods. You helped out a lot of players!

I am using KSP 1.7.2. The reason is, that some for me essential mods are not running with KSP 1.8+ versions.

So, the QuantumStruts are essential for my VTOLs. But unfortunaltely I can not make the mod work.

I am using the mod-version 1.7.5.1 and tryed following your instructions. I am using Windows and thereofre was looking to find the requested "Windows_CopyTextures.bat". But not even your master files I can find the file "Windows_CopyTextures.bat". And therefore I am not able to use the struts.

What am I donig wrong?

Kind regards

You are using the wrong version.

This is the one you want:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/QuantumStrutsContinued/releases/tag/1.7.4.1

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.