Dogfighter Ultimate Free For All

4 minutes ago, Pds314 said:

The L. Cherensis is just incredibly taxing to run.

Oh, I did not realize it's that much of a problem. Perhaps a limit on the number of guns would be reasonable then? I have no problems withdrawing it if such a limit is introduced, and I don't think anybody else has that many. :)

5 minutes ago, Eidahlil said:

Oh, I did not realize it's that much of a problem. Perhaps a limit on the number of guns would be reasonable then? I have no problems withdrawing it if such a limit is introduced, and I don't think anybody else has that many. :)

I think it's the combo of the guns and engines and airbrakes and HD wings and stuff. Also 60 pc might be high. Wierdly, the Malvae had much less of an issue.

But, I'm not gonna change the rules now. I might take to recording matches with cheat engine to improve the framerate or something though.

Edited by Pds314

I'll be adding my Iridium mk II before determining who goes next. This is so I don't have a way to specifically design it to fight a particular opponent, or know if it will fight at all next round. (There's a 67% chance)

Presenting the Iridium Mk II:

Revamped wings, a pair of GAU-8s, 2400 rounds of ammo, a modified tailplane for high-AOA maneuvers, and AI settings reworked from scratch to be more aggressive and make fewer targetting errors due to excessive pitch ki.

https://kerbalx.com/pds314/xFA-Iridium-mk-II

rMjKm7z.png

And, time to select the next match.

It appears that the next match shall be the Big Momma IV vs. the xFA Iridium Mk II, to be run, later.

Edited by Pds314

3 hours ago, Pds314 said:

And, time to select the next match.

It appears that the next match shall be the Big Momma IV vs. the xFA Iridium Mk II, to be run, later.

Exciting, I don't have Tweakscale so I can't run the simulation.

Btw you where right about Big Momma not having fuel in the wings, I must have forgoten that.

Edited by Triop

7 hours ago, Triop said:

Exciting, I don't have Tweakscale so I can't run the simulation.

Btw you where right about Big Momma not having fuel in the wings, I must have forgoten that.

Even with extra fuel, it's an extraordinarily tough opponent and its high-AOA abilities make it very precise during tight turns.

It is bizarre that wing tanks are defaultly unfueled.

Edited by Pds314

Alright, battle is up! Triop's Big Momma IV vs. my xFA Iridium Mk II.

Results:

Spoiler

The Big Momma beat the Iridium 3-1, securing it a position in the next round: Eidahlil's Lepidoptera Cherensis vs. Triop's Big Momma IV. My Iridium has been killed, for now.

Edited by Pds314

Just now, drtricky said:

May I ask what the song for this battle is?

Tobu & Syndec - Dusk

Be warned that the default NCS download downloads a different version, even though the online player plays this version.

15 hours ago, Pds314 said:

Alright, battle is up! Triop's Big Momma IV vs. my xFA Iridium Mk II.

-snip-

Results:

Hide contents

The Big Momma beat the Iridium 3-1, securing it a position in the next round: Eidahlil's Lepidoptera Cherensis vs. Triop's Big Momma IV. My Iridium has been killed, for now.

Wow, I've created a monster ! :lol:

Nice video, I like seeing the planes flying in formation.

Here's the fighter I constructed for this challenge - The F-41 'Foil'. Supermanuverable, supersonic, super-deadly.

DOWNLOAD : https://www.dropbox.com/s/nyp4t3dbgdda8g6/F-41 'Foil'.craft?dl=0

Edit : Oops! I sent you the wrong version! Please enable roll on the horizontal tailplanes. Also, when you fight it, do it with the Junos on, please.

Edit 2 : Nevermind, that is the right version

Edited by OrbitalBuzzsaw

53 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Here's the fighter I constructed for this challenge - The F-41 'Foil'. Supermanuverable, supersonic, super-deadly.

DOWNLOAD : https://www.dropbox.com/s/nyp4t3dbgdda8g6/F-41 'Foil'.craft?dl=0

Edit : Oops! I sent you the wrong version! Please enable roll on the horizontal tailplanes. Also, when you fight it, do it with the Junos on, please.

Edit 2 : Nevermind, that is the right version

Can't load it, what mods did you use ?

11 hours ago, volcanicshrimp said:

I don't think it has much chance against the more "exotic" fighters, but here's my submission:

https://kerbalx.com/volcanicshrimp/Heavy-dogfighter

Shows off my imaginative craft naming perfectly.

True, you'll be dead in no time...

Better stick to making spaceplanes <_<

Just messing with ya ^_^, where is OP ?

Edited by Triop

18 hours ago, Triop said:

Better stick to making spaceplanes <_<

Maybe it would help if I was actually good at those... I can normally get to LKO with a small satellite and that's about it (don't expect a very safe reentry either). Still something fun about hypersonic flights in my deathtraps perfectly safe and well designed aircraft though!

15 hours ago, theAvenGuard said:

Big Momma got a fight. She's a tough one, that I'm not sure I'll beat. I announce the newest challenger, the Faldrix I!

Loosely based on the big momma platform and theAvenGuard's design characteristics, the Faldrix I sports 2 30mm canons, powered by 2 panthers at 14.568 tons.

https://kerbalx.com/theAvenGuard/1v2

Holy Kerbal !

She is aggressive, I'd call here "Mother In Law Fighter" (codename M.I.L.F.)

She kicks a**, but as long as OP is gone I'm staying King. ^_^

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.