Space Agency a iPad/iPhone App (Rockets but no Kebals)

Bender

Hi,

i found this in Itunes http://itunes.apple.com/app/id542397575 it was a Rocket Build App, i talk withe Programmer on Twitter yesterday (i have nightshift, i think was the another yesterday) i would bring new levels.

This App has curently 8 Missions and a Free Play Mode, you must launch some stuff an Build Rockets...

sry for bad English (my German was better :) ) i go to Sleep now..good Day/Night

Anyone figured out how to get past the mission with the Hubble? Can\'t do it to save my life!!

I was stuck on that too. The way i did it was point completely up towards space and push upwards still my orbit matched the grey line then slowed to get inside the green box once i was in i matched my speed with it pointed it up then released :D.

I was stuck on that too. The way i did it was point completely up towards space and push upwards still my orbit matched the grey line then slowed to get inside the green box once i was in i matched my speed with it pointed it up then released :D.

Got it in the end. Now on the last mission. You can tell they have built the game with expansion in mind with boosters and the lander ect. Awaiting shuttle and luna missions in the next update. Could be a pretty epic game of kerbal proportions

• 1 year later...

I hate it. the orbital mechanics are atrocious.

you have to unlock parts in an order that is utterly boring.

you have to do missions in a specific order.

There are no translation controls for docking, making it boring, slow, and inaccurate, especially with the...

...extremely low fuel supplies. Both RCS and Main engine propellant is extremely low, making docking harder, and turning once out of RCS nigh impossible. you can even run out of proppelant during the re-entry, which realistically doesn't even use RCS.

the orbital mechanics are terrible.

in one mission you have to destroy a spy satellite by docking an explosive to it, yet when you crash into it and destroy it the mission fails.

the orbits are not accurate at all.

it's essentially a collection of tiny boring mini-games.

you have to go on a set path in ascent, if you are too steep, you lose velocity, if you are too shallow you lose velocity as well.

the creator obviously tried his best to make his own special gravity on his own, even though programming gravity is easy (at sea level, acceleration due to gravity is 9.81 m/s squared, apply an inverse square law to the distance, and make sure you are moving sideways, and you have an orbit.).

Rocket pieces are unlocked in a chronologically terrible order (Saturn pieces before Soyuz spacecraft pieces, and at the same time you also have chinese pieces.), some parts aren't needed, or even usable on their own without the rest of the rocket (all of the Saturn V stages).

I was even expecting a Lunar Lander mini-game for the LUN landing, but in reality it is just really confusing.

I bought it for 1 dollar, and it wasn't even worth that money. I still play it when KSP is just unavailable, but too many people say "It's just like KSP!" It's not even a proper Edutainment game, when it really missed the opportunity. little kids would find real orbital mechanics hard, but they could still learn some basics of rocket history. They didn't even do that right. for instance, the Saturn V third stage just gets you to orbit. you have to get to the LUN using only the CSM.

Even the sandbox is severely lacking. you can only launch two spacecraft at once, so you can't build huge space stations, and it's not even persistent with the other missions.

And furthermore, the orbital mechanics don't make sense.

Edited by GregroxMun

There's something I dislike:

1) There's no translation controls for docking, which makes it extremely painful and slow.

2) You have to BUY some tutorials.

3) You can only launch 2 spacecraft on the same mission, which greatly limits "sandbox" mode.

Besides that, I think it's a good game. :)

-snip- for instance, the Saturn V third stage just gets you to orbit. you have to get to the LUN using only the CSM.

I find that very odd, I remember from orbiter and everything else that the third stage gets you to the Moon, but the CSM is used for entering orbit. And of course, getting back.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.