Join us at SquadCAST!

SQUAD

Join us at SquadCAST!:

Enjoy playing with us, meeting our team and knowing more about #KSP development! Visit our Twitch Channel KSPTV

It'll be on Thursdays 22:00 - 23:00 hrs UTC   2 times every month. We will also post about when it's going to happen and what it'll be about! 

What would you like to see in the next stream?

*sigh* the link is broken

Edit: And I can't find the vod

EDITedit: unless this is not a post about a stream that already happened in which case. Why the hell did you not list a show time!?

*deep breath*

Ok so to answer the question the only thing I'll actually show up to a stream for at this point is a preview of any rocket revamp in any way, shape, or form that conforms to the production quality and style of porkjets parts that everyone wants and has been loudly clamoring for since hell i don't know 1.1? 1.0? years probably? anyway I hate sifting through hours of footage for a vague sentence or half promise so if you plan on just slipping in a cheap announcement or statement in there with no pics then expect no clicks from me if you have nothing about the art revamp to actually to show you can just write it into the dev note instead or just keep doing what you do and silently pretend the community is somehow happy with the status quo its not like you need dedicated fans to sell expansions and new games after all.

Edited by passinglurker

13 hours ago, SQUAD said:

What would you like to see in the next stream?

...Yeah, honestly. I don't want to sound like a broken record, or show this much frustration, but whether or not we are going to see a rocket parts revamp is something we all want to know.

And more to the point, it's something that Squad has been extremely poor at communicating about. Like, we had devnote mentions of such a thing starting either shortly before or shortly after 1.0 dropped. That was 1.5 years ago. After that, the communication in this regard basically went: a few months of no mention whatsoever, then a "yeah we're totally making lots of progress!" in a devnote, then another few months of no mention whatsoever.

What's more, and ten times worse: everytime the community asks for an official statement - even as little as a "it's still ongoing" or "it's on hold right now" - it gets flat-out ignored. Like, there's not even an acknowledgement that the question was asked, even after multiple pages worth of forum thread of nothing but questions. It's extremely obvious that there's some sort of company policy here that prevents employees from addressing the subject in any way, shape, or form. Even Multiplayer, which is an even more far-out feature, gets official replies to the tune of "not currently focused on that" or the like. It's just the purported part revamp that gets the full silent treatment.

And I just don't understand why. What's the harm in saying that it's not going to happen now/in the near future/ever? You probably could have gotten away with some groans and mild expressions of disappointment initially. But by doing nothing but vaguely insinuating a feature is being worked on for 1.5 years, while simultaneously forbidding any employee to ever talk about it? That's just digging yourself ever deeper into a hole of increasing public backlash. If it's not going to happen, come clean about it. Stop pretending that there's nothing to talk about here. You're just making it worse with every month you keep waiting.

And if it's not cancelled, and still going to happen... why block people from talking about it? It's not like it's a secret feature. It was officially announced 1.5 years ago.

...Or was it? Maybe it was just something that Porkjet did in his free time, and was never intended to be an official feature? Well: you could have told us that a long time ago already, too. You saw the reactions in the community. You know everyone treats it as an official feature. If this is wrong, you somehow intentionally decided not to communicate this fact.

TL;DR: Please talk to us like we're people instead of pretending that the biggest question the community has doesn't exist. Talk about the rocketry part revamp. Like, you don't have to present us a finished product. Just, please, acknowledge the question and give a useful answer, no matter how short. Even if that answer is "sorry, feature was cancelled". That'll be enough. It's probably going to cause a major uproar after all these endless stalling tactics, but it'll be enough. At least we can stop asking then.

Edited by Streetwind

3 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Just, please, acknowledge the question and give a useful answer, no matter how short. Even if that answer is "sorry, feature was cancelled". That'll be enough. It's probably going to cause a major uproar after all these endless stalling tactics, but it'll be enough. At least we can stop asking then.

On that note, what happened to "something that rhymes with schmelta-vee"? :( 

2 minutes ago, monstah said:

On that note, what happened to "something that rhymes with schmelta-vee"? :( 

It was Schmanceled, apparently.

This seems to just be an ad to watch Squadcast. Leave it to us to turn it into a complaint board :D

And while I'm at it, here's the actual link to the Twitch page for KSPTV.

https://www.twitch.tv/ksptv

Edited by 5thHorseman

21 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

When I click on 'Watch KSPTV's Last Broadcast' I get a Read Panda stream.

What happened to the Squadcast?

The last broadcast from 21 hours ago IS the Read Panda. The last Squadcast was on November 17th.

This ad (bolded for you, @klgraham1013) seems to imply there will be one forthcoming, I'd assume either tonight or next week.

3 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

The last broadcast from 21 hours ago IS the Read Panda. The last Squadcast was on November 17th.

This ad (bolded for you, @klgraham1013) seems to imply there will be one forthcoming, I'd assume either tonight or next week.

Ah, i thought it was still weekly.  And the schedule on the KSPTV page still says it's on Thursday at 22:00 UTC.

Happy landings!

7 hours ago, Streetwind said:

...Yeah, honestly. I don't want to sound like a broken record, or show this much frustration, but whether or not we are going to see a rocket parts revamp is something we all want to know.

And more to the point, it's something that Squad has been extremely poor at communicating about. Like, we had devnote mentions of such a thing starting either shortly before or shortly after 1.0 dropped. That was 1.5 years ago. After that, the communication in this regard basically went: a few months of no mention whatsoever, then a "yeah we're totally making lots of progress!" in a devnote, then another few months of no mention whatsoever.

What's more, and ten times worse: everytime the community asks for an official statement - even as little as a "it's still ongoing" or "it's on hold right now" - it gets flat-out ignored. Like, there's not even an acknowledgement that the question was asked, even after multiple pages worth of forum thread of nothing but questions. It's extremely obvious that there's some sort of company policy here that prevents employees from addressing the subject in any way, shape, or form. Even Multiplayer, which is an even more far-out feature, gets official replies to the tune of "not currently focused on that" or the like. It's just the purported part revamp that gets the full silent treatment.

And I just don't understand why. What's the harm in saying that it's not going to happen now/in the near future/ever? You probably could have gotten away with some groans and mild expressions of disappointment initially. But by doing nothing but vaguely insinuating a feature is being worked on for 1.5 years, while simultaneously forbidding any employee to ever talk about it? That's just digging yourself ever deeper into a hole of increasing public backlash. If it's not going to happen, come clean about it. Stop pretending that there's nothing to talk about here. You're just making it worse with every month you keep waiting.

And if it's not cancelled, and still going to happen... why block people from talking about it? It's not like it's a secret feature. It was officially announced 1.5 years ago.

...Or was it? Maybe it was just something that Porkjet did in his free time, and was never intended to be an official feature? Well: you could have told us that a long time ago already, too. You saw the reactions in the community. You know everyone treats it as an official feature. If this is wrong, you somehow intentionally decided not to communicate this fact.

TL;DR: Please talk to us like we're people instead of pretending that the biggest question the community has doesn't exist. Talk about the rocketry part revamp. Like, you don't have to present us a finished product. Just, please, acknowledge the question and give a useful answer, no matter how short. Even if that answer is "sorry, feature was cancelled". That'll be enough. It's probably going to cause a major uproar after all these endless stalling tactics, but it'll be enough. At least we can stop asking then.

I have been saying this for months now. There is only one assumption  that we , because they won't reply and have created an environment such as this by not caring enough to address these issues i.e. Porkjet.multiplayer,consoles,etc, they simply don't give a hoot! Hiding behind NDA isn't cutting it anymore. It's a lame excuse and people are tired of it! Can't wait to see what the "fluffy" dev notes have to say later today. Let me make a prediction

1: they won't address any issues mentioned in this thread up to this point

2: they won't go into detail about any future features to implement or some kind of dev roadmap that they know we REALLY are waiting for

3:will have some kind of marketing PR fluff that we really don't care about because the thread is about DEVELOPMENT of the game not PR or contests or marketing. (We already bought the game)

4:after I post this the blind followers take-my-money people will come to squads rescue telling me how wrong I am with some long drawn out post that never changes the end result which is they won't address the issues alot of us care about. So please spare us this waste of time.

5: I just wasted 10 mins of my life posting this hoping squad would actually reply

Not a particularly useful ad.  Either Squad wants us to watch the channel (which is not stated) or they want us to watch Squadcast but haven't made the information available for us to know when.  @Badie can you please update the OP to clarify?

5 hours ago, Starhawk said:

So, when I go to KSPTV and look at the page, it says the last broadcast was 21 hours ago.

When I click on 'Watch KSPTV's Last Broadcast' I get a Read Panda stream.

What happened to the Squadcast?

It's also not visible when I go to http://www.twitch.tv/ksptv/profile/past_broadcasts.

Happy landings!

4 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Hey guys, 

This is not an ad for Squadcast, we wan't to have a feedback from you that's why we are asking what do you want to see on it, any suggestions will be taken in consideration, I'll be reading all you comments and suggestions. 

The Squadcast is on Thursdays 22:00 - 23:00 hrs UTC it'll be 2 times every month. We will also post about when it's going to happen and what it'll be about! 

Don't get it wrong I wanted your opinion, suggestions and comments about ! 

Thanks! :D 

@Badie may I suggest your add that scheduling information in the original post?

As for what I'd like to see... development, really. I think the game is in a really good shape as it is; I use some mods but I'd like their specialized functionality to remain outside of stock. The only exception is the dV readout long-ago promised us.

I'm usually amazed at what you guys come up with and implement within one version, so whatever new thing you're cooking and can share, that's what I want to see.

The first and probably most important thing for @SQUAD to do is to make a clear and concise statement regarding their position on the rocket parts revamp.  While myself (and probably a large part of the community) would love to see it in game eventually, what is more annoying and hurting PR considerably is the absolute lack of any information and the constant speculation everyone is doing.  If its cancelled then please go out and tell us its canceled, yeah its not going to make people happy, but it better to have the knowledge of it being canceled then live in false hope of it being implemented someday but never actually know whether it will be or not.  If it is canceled, then the longer you wait and keep that to yourselves the more disappointed people are going to be when they realize something that they have been hoping for years now is suddenly never going to happen.

Second, i think it would be a very good idea to have some sort of publicly available roadmap.  Its nice to know what is around the corner and what the general direction of KSP is heading in.  Itd also help cut down on the sheer paranoia alot of people are having after the not to long ago dev team meltdown where half the team disappeared. 

While im probably not the only one, i feel that alot of the current devnotes (or whatever it called these days) have lacked what i considered really important in the past, development and status updates of features that are in the works.  I know everyone loves plushies and promotional stuff (i guess im the only one who plain and simply doesnt give a crap, please dont hate me for it guys :D), but i think that devnotes should be more in depth and actually focus on nothing but game development which is relaly what they are for.  Would be good to have separate promotional posts and then stick the development into a clear and concise devnote fridays instead of the garbled mess we have now where we need to search all over a variety of sources to even get a hint at what is going on game development wise.

Edited by panzer1b

I'll just be happy if we get an update on the goddamn rocket part overhauls. To be honest, this silence is quite frankly ridiculous. :mad:

And sorry about the rant, but this nonsense has gone on long enough.

EDIT: @panzer1b, I completely agree. I hate to say this, but it seems like KSP is going down the drain in terms of community engagement. :( 

Edited by TheEpicSquared

2 hours ago, Badie said:

Hey guys, 

This is not an ad for Squadcast, we wan't to have a feedback from you that's why we are asking what do you want to see on it, any suggestions will be taken in consideration, I'll be reading all you comments and suggestions. 

The Squadcast is on Thursdays 22:00 - 23:00 hrs UTC it'll be 2 times every month. We will also post about when it's going to happen and what it'll be about! 

Don't get it wrong I wanted your opinion, suggestions and comments about ! 

Thanks! :D 

Hi @Badie nice to meet you. Simple answer to your question is development and answers to ALL our questions posted above. But Badie I have a question. If Squad wont answer our questions here on the forums then why would we expect them to do it on twitch? I think this is a honest and fair question. No disrespect intended. 

@Badie while I like everyone would like answers to long standing questions like the fates of long sought updates to art (rocket parts), ballance (career mode), quality of life (dv and other readouts), and bugs (console woes in general) I'm of the opinion that squad cast should be used to actually show development and preview what comes next rather than just tell about it. Sure a little dev Q&A is nice but not all by itself and especially not when most of the answers are "we can't tell you yet stay tuned for news in the coming weeks" if you want squad cast to be interesting you have to offer something that squad can be held accountable too and use squad cast to distribute proof that squad is living up to its promises otherwise its all just a tiresome load of fluff that tries the community's patience

28 minutes ago, Redneck said:

Hi @Badie nice to meet you. Simple answer to your question is development and answers to ALL our questions posted above. But Badie I have a question. If Squad wont answer our questions here on the forums then why would we expect them to do it on twitch? I think this is a honest and fair question. No disrespect intended. 

Hi

Nice meeting you too. This questions is to know specifically what people expect to see on Squadcast, you want to know about development, you want to see more space news and people talking about what's going on, you want to see people playing. That's the intention of the question. About what we can say or not, there are things we can't say until we are sure when it's going to happen. I can understand that you want to know more about it, I appreciate your feedback and I'll share it.

11 minutes ago, Badie said:

Hi

Nice meeting you too. This questions is to know specifically what people expect to see on Squadcast, you want to know about development, you want to see more space news and people talking about what's going on, you want to see people playing. That's the intention of the question. About what we can say or not, there are things we can't say until we are sure when it's going to happen. I can understand that you want to know more about it, I appreciate your feedback and I'll share it.

Thank you Badie. :P

Edited by Redneck

1 hour ago, Badie said:

About what we can say or not, there are things we can't say until we are sure when it's going to happen

honestly at this point a lot of people are more worried about the IF rather than the WHEN, but when it comes to the matter of when people are probably wondering when the fluff PR will end and squad will actually talk about the future more than anything, and hopefully that when will happen before the next round of development is said and done. People follow ksp development ...they engage in this community... because they want to express feedback if you hold the news until a feature is ready to ship whether we like the implementation or not then there is no point in us being here or engaging as a community.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.