[KSP 1.4.2] Play Your Way [1.0.7]

Galileo

Just now, klgraham1013 said:

TRP seemed to mainly be Kerbal creation.  I'll look again.

It is BUT you still have to hire them and depending on what stats you choose determines the hiring cost. Which I don't think rises later in game

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

It is BUT you still have to hire them and depending on what stats you choose determines the hiring cost. Which I don't think rises later in game

Yeah.  It seems to be a static hiring cost, which might be the best I can do.

Sorry for taking the thread somewhat off topic.  Just excited I might be able to finally play the career mode I want.

Edited by klgraham1013

1 minute ago, klgraham1013 said:

Yeah.  It seems to be a static hiring cost, which might be the best I can do.

Sorry for taking the thread somewhat off topic.

It's all good.  The hiring cost might be configurable.  

If not,  maybe it's something @TheReadPanda could implement in the future? 

Since you can't simply pluck crew from the sky anymore one way to keep kerbal hiring costs sane is to install custom barn kit and use this MM config:

@CUSTOMBARNKIT
{  
@ASTRONAUTS
 {
 @unlockedEVAClamber = 1
 @recruitHireBaseCost = 100000
 @recruitHireFixedRate = true
 }
}

I made this a while ago, I think the clamber part is important-  kerbals never grabbed ladders when EVA'd if I recall.

2 minutes ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

Since you can't simply pluck crew from the sky anymore one way to keep kerbal hiring costs sane is to install custom barn kit and use this MM config:

@CUSTOMBARNKIT
{  
@ASTRONAUTS
 {
 @unlockedEVAClamber = 1
 @recruitHireBaseCost = 100000
 @recruitHireFixedRate = true
 }
}

I made this a while ago, I think the clamber part is important-  kerbals never grabbed ladders when EVA'd if I recall.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm, is this compatible with Tree Toppler? I.E. play career mode with all parts unlocked? Only restrained by funds income.

has it been updated to 1.2.1? i just tried it and got spammed with null refs after i recovered a vessel

1 hour ago, Probus said:

What is queue length?

This allows the report queue to be emptied properly when a vessel is recovered. just leave it at 5. Its not something that you can see happening anyway.

5 hours ago, Galileo said:

has it been updated to 1.2.1? i just tried it and got spammed with null refs after i recovered a vessel

This allows the report queue to be emptied properly when a vessel is recovered. just leave it at 5. Its not something that you can see happening anyway.

D: I'm unsure actually. Haven't booted up in a chunk of time. I was just curious if it was compatible :) Looks like it isn't right now though.

On 12/4/2016 at 7:05 AM, Dwarfy said:

Need to ask this as I have no idea what I'm doing and don't feel like stuffing up.

To enable the world first achievements, which part of the nocontract cfg file do I need to change?

Sorry i missed this.. i added instructions to the OP 

13 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

D: I'm unsure actually. Haven't booted up in a chunk of time. I was just curious if it was compatible :) Looks like it isn't right now though.

I am compiling a version now and about to test it

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Sorry i missed this.. i added instructions to the OP

I figured you'd see it eventually, with the amount of mods I've seen you working on, and releasing, I'm surprised you don't completely miss more posts TBH!! The amount of time you spend on Kerbal mods, and the forums, is incredible, and I'd like to thank you for it. Haven't seen a mod of yours that isn't truly unbelievably good!!

With this mod, while I was awaiting your response, I loded the game to have a look see and found that even without modfying the nocontract.cfg details, I still received awards for first flight, longestr distance etc, but still have contracts coming up in the mission control (or whatever building it is, damned old age memory). It seems that every contract that has appeared so far has been to take 5 Kerbal tourists on a sub orbital flight. Every contract has been exactly the same.

Is there any file you would like me to add so you can see what I mean?

10 minutes ago, Dwarfy said:

I figured you'd see it eventually, with the amount of mods I've seen you working on, and releasing, I'm surprised you don't completely miss more posts TBH!! The amount of time you spend on Kerbal mods, and the forums, is incredible, and I'd like to thank you for it. Haven't seen a mod of yours that isn't truly unbelievably good!!

With this mod, while I was awaiting your response, I loded the game to have a look see and found that even without modfying the nocontract.cfg details, I still received awards for first flight, longestr distance etc, but still have contracts coming up in the mission control (or whatever building it is, damned old age memory). It seems that every contract that has appeared so far has been to take 5 Kerbal tourists on a sub orbital flight. Every contract has been exactly the same.

Is there any file you would like me to add so you can see what I mean?

Try deleting your Module Manager cache . I think if you throw this into a current career save, you will have residual contracts that hang back.. ill double check though.. just try deleting all of your module manager things EXCEPT the module manager.dll itself

35 minutes ago, Vorg said:

As far as I know, the only reason for rep is getting better contracts. So what's the point of rep without contracts?

reputation can be seen as a "currency" not unlike funds and science, and mainly spent on instating Strategies in the Administration Facility, but you are correct in that after you get the strategies you want, rep does become pointless, especially with this mod.

37 minutes ago, Vorg said:

As far as I know, the only reason for rep is getting better contracts. So what's the point of rep without contracts?

you can spend rep for buying different strategies in the administration building.

@Galileo I just went and started a new career after deleting the modulemanager files. I left the .dll file only. I havent modified the nocontract file and still start of getting the focused observational contract in mission control. I did also notice that it didnt give me the little mail icon about the $ for science nor the little world icon for world firsts. I then went and modified the line in the cfg file you added to your post, after restarting another new career it was exactly as the unedited version except that the little world icon appears and the mail icon as well

30 minutes ago, Dwarfy said:

you can spend rep for buying different strategies in the administration building.

@Galileo I just went and started a new career after deleting the modulemanager files. I left the .dll file only. I havent modified the nocontract file and still start of getting the focused observational contract in mission control. I did also notice that it didnt give me the little mail icon about the $ for science nor the little world icon for world firsts. I then went and modified the line in the cfg file you added to your post, after restarting another new career it was exactly as the unedited version except that the little world icon appears and the mail icon as well

i see what you mean.. ill try to fix it in a little while

EDIT: It was fast and easy but i fixed it.. stand by for an update

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

So if this is just a continuation of the Science Funding mod, why not keep the name?

Because the name ScienceFunding, I felt, wasn't the best representation of everything the mod was. While it does give you funds for science, adding the mm cfg to remove all of the contracts changed the way I looked at the mod. It gave you freedom of the imagination. Play Your Way was more suitable.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.