[KSP 1.4.2] Play Your Way [1.0.7]

Galileo

Hi Galileo,
I'm having troubles with your mod, it generates a lot of garbage somehow, like 100MB per second in career mode meaning heavy stuttering like every 10 seconds or so for garbage collection.
Tried all the mods in sandbox and all works great.
Tried to uninstall PYW and everything worked great in career too.
Here are the logs
Without Play Your Way
With PYW  
Sorry but pastebin doesn't allow files this fat.
Don't know if it's related but with similar playtime, the second one is 3 times fatter too.

Thanks for the help, cheers.

1 hour ago, Pake said:

Hi Galileo,
I'm having troubles with your mod, it generates a lot of garbage somehow, like 100MB per second in career mode meaning heavy stuttering like every 10 seconds or so for garbage collection.
Tried all the mods in sandbox and all works great.
Tried to uninstall PYW and everything worked great in career too.
Here are the logs
Without Play Your Way
With PYW  
Sorry but pastebin doesn't allow files this fat.
Don't know if it's related but with similar playtime, the second one is 3 times fatter too.

Thanks for the help, cheers.

Remove all of your mods and run it with only PYW installed.check if the issue still happens. Then start adding your mods back few b few until the issue happens again. This sounds like a mod incompatibility. nobody else has had this issue.

Edited by Galileo

• 3 weeks later...

great idea, I always ignore the contract and do my own interest and only go for contract when I need money...

I have to say it's very very very nice to have it!

but one last question: If there's not contract, why I need, I mean why I ever need Rep...just don't understand it

well, I love this mod.:sticktongue:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17.7.2017 at 3:34 AM, TakamiChika said:

great idea, I always ignore the contract and do my own interest and only go for contract when I need money...

I have to say it's very very very nice to have it!

but one last question: If there's not contract, why I need, I mean why I ever need Rep...just don't understand it

well, I love this mod.:sticktongue:

You can still use Strategia alongside this mod, I do it and I like it :) The strategies need reputation to be activated.

So Galileo, I'm having an issue and narrowed it down to PYW. It doesn't make any sense though. So basically in career mode (With strategia) I began going to Iota for the first time, as soon as I get into Iota's SOI, I get about 1 FPS. This bad FPS would happen no matter where I was. Map mode, space center, tracking center, with the craft at Iota, didn't matter, game just tanked. Restarting didn't help, going into other saves the FPS was fine, but only the Stream save that I've been playing on would have poor FPS (Like 1-10 fps tops). I start pulling all the mods out one by one, and narrowed it down to PYW. As soon as I pulled out PYW, FPS was back up to 50 ish like normal. How would this happen? Is strategia spawning more Iota contracts but PYW is blocking them as fast as they come in? Like I said, doesn't make sense to me. 

Attached is the output_log. Not sure how muted my VOD was from my stream tonight, but I debugged the whole thing on stream. Just wondering if you had any ideas of a mod conflict. This was the last mod I figured would be causing the issue, but I definitely narrowed it down to it. I just don't understand how entering Iota's SOI would cause it. 

Thanks Galileo! Appreciate all your great work :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/37epuo9k6qb7bol/output_log.txt?dl=0

@Porter_John I'll look into it, but I've never seen that issue.. might be a mod conflict for sure though. Can you also send me a mod list so I can compare our mods and narrow it down. I'm currently playing with 100+ mods and pyw and haven't seen an issue, but it might be that one that we don't have in common. 

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

@Porter_John I'll look into it, but I've never seen that issue.. might be a mod conflict for sure though. Can you also send me a mod list so I can compare our mods and narrow it down. I'm currently playing with 100+ mods and pyw and haven't seen an issue, but it might be that one that we don't have in common. 

@Galileo https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S0G2aDeM8HxsdgvF4_aEqxgFVM-zccFf8fE8Z1Vn3Zo/edit?usp=sharing

That's the basic list. But yeah it was strange. So its obviously a career oriented mod conflicted with it, and it happened at EXACTLY the time we broke Iota SOI. So I'm thinking its a mod running the background checking dependencies. 

Like I said in the last post, I tried to isolate mods to replicate the error without extra mods, at one point and time I had strategia and dependencies out, Research Bodies, Tarsiers, and ScanSat all out of the folder, so I'm not sure. It even happened after my craft at Iota was removed due to removing ScanSat. 

I have a gut feeling that it has something to do with achieving a new body, the game bringing in contracts at a silly rate while PYW is removing them. 

Edited by Porter_John
More info

1 hour ago, Porter_John said:

@Galileo https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S0G2aDeM8HxsdgvF4_aEqxgFVM-zccFf8fE8Z1Vn3Zo/edit?usp=sharing

That's the basic list. But yeah it was strange. So its obviously a career oriented mod conflicted with it, and it happened at EXACTLY the time we broke Iota SOI. So I'm thinking its a mod running the background checking dependencies. 

Like I said in the last post, I tried to isolate mods to replicate the error without extra mods, at one point and time I had strategia and dependencies out, Research Bodies, Tarsiers, and ScanSat all out of the folder, so I'm not sure. It even happened after my craft at Iota was removed due to removing ScanSat. 

I have a gut feeling that it has something to do with achieving a new body, the game bringing in contracts at a silly rate while PYW is removing them. 

Can I also have your save file?

@Galileo I FOUND THE PROBLEM I BELIEVE!!!!! So with my mod list I gave you, I removed Strategia, Contract Configurator, and Custom Barn Kit. I loaded up my save, FPS issues were gone. I noticed there were contracts still in the Command Center, they weren't contracts that were coming from KSP though, they were contracts that were from Contract Configurator since they were from mods like ScanSat, SSTU, etc. So I placed Contract configurator back in. I am currently looking at the command center watching contracts come in every second, but then getting removed by Play your way. So the culprit is Contract Configurator spawning stuff in every second while Play Your Way is removing them constantly. I'm going to mess around with Contract Configurator's settings and see if that can fix it.

1 minute ago, Porter_John said:

@Galileo I FOUND THE PROBLEM I BELIEVE!!!!! So with my mod list I gave you, I removed Strategia, Contract Configurator, and Custom Barn Kit. I loaded up my save, FPS issues were gone. I noticed there were contracts still in the Command Center, they weren't contracts that were coming from KSP though, they were contracts that were from Contract Configurator since they were from mods like ScanSat, SSTU, etc. So I placed Contract configurator back in. I am currently looking at the command center watching contracts come in every second, but then getting removed by Play your way. So the culprit is Contract Configurator spawning stuff in every second while Play Your Way is removing them constantly. I'm going to mess around with Contract Configurator's settings and see if that can fix it.

Ok, that makes sense. Try disabling all the stock contracts with CC in the difficulties menu and see if that fixes it. I may have to drop my cfg for CCs and make it a requirement.

29 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Ok, that makes sense. Try disabling all the stock contracts with CC in the difficulties menu and see if that fixes it. I may have to drop my cfg for CCs and make it a requirement.

Confirmed. After loading my persistent save, FPS issues return but that also reverts the settings to that time in particular. Removed all contracts in Contract Configurator, applied settings, FPS issues were still there until I went into the editor and came back out to space center. Then it was good! This explains why I was crashing in the command center and why my FPS issues were gone when I removed PYW. (It wasn't FPS, it was just the game going nuts lol)

But yeah a CC config would be awesome, just to get rid of the stock contracts but keep the modded contracts from Scan Sat and stuff. (Not sure if those get by or not, haven't checked)

Edited by Porter_John

44 minutes ago, Porter_John said:

Confirmed. After loading my persistent save, FPS issues return but that also reverts the settings to that time in particular. Removed all contracts in Contract Configurator, applied settings, FPS issues were still there until I went into the editor and came back out to space center. Then it was good! This explains why I was crashing in the command center and why my FPS issues were gone when I removed PYW. (It wasn't FPS, it was just the game going nuts lol)

But yeah a CC config would be awesome, just to get rid of the stock contracts but keep the modded contracts from Scan Sat and stuff. (Not sure if those get by or not, haven't checked)

Try this version out

https://github.com/Galileo88/PlayYourWay/releases/tag/1.0.3

I didn't include a cfg for CC because it doesn't have a cfg for me to edit :/ , you'll have to choose your contracts yourself in the difficulty tab unfortunately. Ill contact nightingale and see if he could add a cfg for something like that

Edited by Galileo

I've tried PYW today, and it was throwing weird error delivered in "mail" ("Sorry to break your immersion, but something's broke. check out the config" or along these lines). So I put back queueLength in the settings config (found in a previous version), now it's working properly. 

1 minute ago, Yakvi said:

I've tried PYW today, and it was throwing weird error delivered in "mail" ("Sorry to break your immersion, but something's broke. check out the config" or along these lines). So I put back queueLength in the settings config (found in a previous version), now it's working properly. 

Yeah, I need to add it back in there. I figured. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been looking into getting Strategia-like functionality, where the more tech nodes you researched, the more (or less) funds/reputation you get. 

Looking at the Strategia code, it became of my understanding that CurrencyOperationPerTech is Strategia-specific class. So I went to do some more digging through the Strategia code and produced the following change:

PYW_SETTINGS:NEEDS[Strategia]

{

funds = "CurrencyOperationPerTech.CurrentMultiplier()*10"

rep = 0.1

queueLength = 1
}

Obviously, it didn't work. Still, I'd love a similar feature to be in this mod. Any hints on where to keep digging?

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Munar pilot said:

I am using the 1.3.1 prerelease, and play your way does work, it just doesnt disable contracts, and contract configurator crashes the game while the game is loading.

Play Your Way does not disable contracts. Contract configurator is needed to do that. If it doesn't work in 1.3.1, sorry

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.