[KSP 1.4.2] Play Your Way [1.0.7]

Galileo

On 12/4/2016 at 10:12 AM, klgraham1013 said:

Anyone know if there's a 1.2 compatible mod that provides periodic Kerbal salaries rather than absurd ever increasing hiring costs?

I use one called Monthly Budgets that may provide what you're looking for. Fully configurable, and may fit into this mod really well additionally.

@Galileo: Thanks for this - I was an avid user of Ippo's work until it fell to the wayside. I'll be turning the contracts back on, but the functionality is great.

1 hour ago, Shadriss said:

I use one called Monthly Budgets that may provide what you're looking for. Fully configurable, and may fit into this mod really well additionally.

My issue with Monthly budgets is the set budget per month with no roll-over.  I know it has some basis in reality, but I like saving for those big missions and not feeling pressured to spend a set amount.  I typically play with a periodic budget on a spreadsheet and I'm  looking for a way to gain the same functionality in the game itself.

Edited by klgraham1013

20 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

My issue with Monthly budgets is the set budget per month with no roll-over.  I know it has some basis in reality, but I like saving for those big missions and not feeling pressured to spend a set amount.  I typically play with a periodic budget on a spreadsheet and I'm  looking for a way to gain the same functionality in the game itself.

If you play with KCT, you may try spending the money as you receive it, and keep the unfinished ship in the warehouse.

27 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Fair enough - there's more than one way to budget. Perhaps a suggest on his thread might make that possible?

Also, I only just noticed, Gal - Two Modding Monday entries in a month? And you wonder why we love you...

Also also - why did your planet pack thread get locked? Unless it's been released and you didn't mention it at the thread's back end?

Edited by Shadriss

5 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

Fair enough - there's more than one way to budget. Perhaps a suggest on his thread might make that possible?

Also, I only just noticed, Gal - Two Modding Monday entries in a month? And you wonder why we love you...

Also also - why did your planet pack thread get locked? Unless it's been released and you didn't mention it at the thread's back end?

Here you go! 

1 hour ago, SpaceastronautX said:

How can I edit the CFG file in Mac os X?

With any text editor. Just like any other OS.   TextEdit,  pages,  Microsoft Word,  Adobe brackets.  There are so many. 

Edited by Galileo

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Errol said:

What does this mod do to remove all contracts? Does it have conflicts with mods that add contracts like contract configurator?

EDIT: Ping @Galileo

It uses an Module Manager cfg to remove all of the contracts. As far as trying it with other contract packs I don't know exactly. I would just try it and see if the game only gives you the contracts you want. 

Ah, ok, I had already removed that .cfg and forgotten about it. I'm getting some weirdness from contract configurator and then realized this might be involved. Guess I can scratch this off the list then. Thanks. 

Edited by Errol

@Waxing_Kibbous Me too, though I have added KCT, monthly budgets and strategia as well, which really helps to round out the experience. Match that up with things like SETI unmanned before manned, Science Revisited Revisited and Full Science Rewards and you now have an almost completely grindless game that still forces you to design things with limitations (monthly budgets + KCT (with KRASH for simulation costs) still creates lots of good balance for situations where you have to cut corners to save costs in design, but also that you can afford things like building upgrades when you need to) and have a gradual and balanced progression. To be clear, I'm not using any other parts of the SETI constellation, just the tech tree mod. And I have made a few changes to it as well, moving a handful of plane parts to the start tech node so that I can do a flight first start rather then sounding rocket first start. I did also crank up the costs of the first bunch of nodes (because there is more then enough science just laying around the KSC to cover all of that without even building a vessel that is more then a cockpit to EVA from) and turned science rewards down to 40%.

I'm still in the pre-apollo era of my space program, and suspect I will have to make a few more balance adjustments and start over again before I have it just the way I like it. Right now this is my second iteration of these balance settings. There are also a lot of other things going on, like all the USI stuff including LS, remote tech, OPM to name a few, so I'm not afraid of running out of available science. We'll see how it goes when I get to the upper tech tree nodes. 

P.S. the original issue I posted about here a few posts ago was completely unrelated to this mod, it was another mod I was missing a file for and fixed, don't even remember which mod now. 

Edited by Errol

I really enjoyed this mod but Sciencie from lab dont give funds/rep :(

Maybe the solution is:

EventData<ScienceData, Vessel, bool> GameEvents.OnTriggeredDataTransmission = new EventData<ScienceData, Vessel, bool>("OnTriggeredDataTransmission")

static

Event called when a triggered data transmission fully completes. Used in special transmissions such as those from the science lab.

Edited by elstak

• 4 months later...

Can somebody tell me the difference between these two items:

@DisableProgressionContracts = True
@DisableTutorialContracts = True

If progression ones are planet/moon specific (exploration ones) and tutorial ones are the rendevous/launch vessel ones, that'd be amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Galileo ,

any idea how to avoid this error:

[EXC 17:22:17.156] TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Func`2' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.
    PlayYourWay.PlayYourWayScenarioInjector.Start ()

Happens on every scene change to SpaceCenter

Edited by Speadge

47 minutes ago, Speadge said:

Hey @Galileo ,

any idea how to avoid this error:

[EXC 17:22:17.156] TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Func`2' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.
    PlayYourWay.PlayYourWayScenarioInjector.Start ()

Happens on every scene change to SpaceCenter

Does it cause the game to be unplayable at any point or does it break the mod in any way?

11 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Does it cause the game to be unplayable at any point or does it break the mod in any way?

neither.. just curious since i was bughunting for NREs on switching to 1.3.

7 minutes ago, Speadge said:

neither.. just curious since i was bughunting for NREs on switching to 1.3.

Ok cool, I'll look into it when I get a chance, but I'll be pretty busy for the next week or so

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.