[1.3.0] ImpossibleDrives

Superpenguin160

ImpossibleDrives

EM-Drive
This is the EM-Drive or the impossible drive(It works in KSP anyway)

It is based after the real world model but I gave it a bit more thrust(1kN), just to make it a bit more Kerbal ;P. The engine uses a massless propellant what makes it have an infinite amount of delta V. 

There is also a cooler because this engine produces a lot of heat.

UcwkmGY.png8KMU8pm.png

GyroDrive

This engine produces thrust by swinging the fuel in the tanks around and pumping it to the other tank at the same moment. It produces 1.5kN thrust but it is bigger than the EM-Drive.

It even got the swing animation :kiss:

faeBr3N.png

Download:

Curse
Spacedock

License:
All Rights Reserved

This is my first mod, so feedback is welcome. And do not forget to report bugs.

Edited by Superpenguin160
Update

I made it 1kN because the Ion Engine from Squad is also overpowered and the real engine is much smaller so the thrust could also be more. The amount of Electric charge that you need is also super large so maybe you can say that you need a few kW and that makes that you get more thrust.

So that is why I made it 1kN, feel free to edit the config if you want :P@notJebKerman

8 hours ago, Beale said:

Want a new model?

I have no use for it:

miG7CwQ.png
EWQtVey.png
IzLK6Jj.png

I really appreciate it, but I think it is cooler that you know that you made the model by yourself. So I think I am going to make my model better when I have time:P

But I like the copper Color you have, may I have that one?

Edited by Superpenguin160

Would it be possible to allow the amount of thrust to vary depending on the amount of electricity being used by the drive, in theory I would assume that if you pump more power then the amount of thrust will go up right? So the actual max thrust should be infinite, it's just relative to the amount of electricity being used. Say you could give it 2000 ec/sec then the drive should give you around 66 kN of thrust. Does KSP even have a mechanic to do this sort of thing?

5 minutes ago, yannym said:

Would it be possible to allow the amount of thrust to vary depending on the amount of electricity being used by the drive, in theory I would assume that if you pump more power then the amount of thrust will go up right? So the actual max thrust should be infinite, it's just relative to the amount of electricity being used. Say you could give it 2000 ec/sec then the drive should give you around 66 kN of thrust. Does KSP even have a mechanic to do this sort of thing?

That is a pretty good idea, it is possible because you can already give the engine half of the energy it needs and than you get less thrust. I will look if I can make something like that, the problem with the real engine is that it produces to much heat so I need to look if I can simulate that too.

I am planning to make a water cooler so that the heat from the engine can be absorbed.

38 minutes ago, JeffreyCor said:

The way it's written it attempts to load no matter what. Unlike an MM patch with a conditional statement to add only if TS is detected.

When I tried it without tweakscale installed I had no problem, but I will make a way so you can load it without tweakscale compatibility tomorrow.

Is it oke to have a second config file with only tweakscale in it or is it better that you can decide by yourself which config you put in your gamedata folder?

@JeffreyCor @Superpenguin160 you guys realize that if a .cfg has a non-stock module and the mod that provides that module isn't installed, during KSP's boot sequence it notices it, logs it, and then ignores it (meaning that you can play w/o Tweakscale with no problems even if a part references Tweakscale)

13 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

@JeffreyCor @Superpenguin160 you guys realize that if a .cfg has a non-stock module and the mod that provides that module isn't installed, during KSP's boot sequence it notices it, logs it, and then ignores it (meaning that you can play w/o Tweakscale with no problems even if a part references Tweakscale)

You realize not loading things when a dependency of it is exactly why the :NEEDS[xyz] is in MM

4 minutes ago, JeffreyCor said:

You realize not loading things when a dependency of it is exactly why the :NEEDS[xyz] is in MM

Ya I know about that. I was simply replying to your comment about needing to edit out all the Tweakscake stuff because you really don't need to.

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

1 minute ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Ya I know about that. I was simply replying to your comment about needing to edit out all the Tweakscake stuff because you really don't need to.

in other words had no purpose and added nothing. I think this can be considered done.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.