Rocket Won't Lift Off!

No matter what I try, my spacecraft just won't lift off. :( When I press space, I get what sounds like a decoupler sound effect in slow motion and then my rocket slowly falls.

I think it might have something to do with the lag, since I had 3 FPS the whole time? :huh:

Edited by alexCDG
Forgot to add something

To help us help you...

1) Do you here and see the engines igniting? (see flame and here a "shhh" sound?)

2) Right click the engine; Is the thrust limiter set to 0?

3) Are your decouplers and engines on the same stage? Does hitting spacebar twice activate your engine?

IMO, posting pictures on the forum is done easiest by taking a screenshot and using http://imgur.com (free: no sign up) or a similar website

- Welcome to the forums, @alexCDG :cool:

22 minutes ago, Deddly said:

@alexCDG, your throttle is all the way down. Press Z like @sal_vager said above and things will start happening :)

Actually, those pics are from an old version, and may predate Z for max throttle.

Hold down the Left Shift key to increase your throttle to maximum, if the throttle does not stay up you will need to check for anything installed on your PC that is making the left control key stay on.

Or check the left control key for stickiness.

@alexCDG

What @Deddly said. It looks like @sal_vager was correct.

There are two gages on either side of the navball. The one on the right shows g-force while the one on the left shows your throttle. If you look closely at your left gage, you see that the small grey "arrow" is all the way "down" indicating that your throttle is to zero. X sets throttle to 0% and Z sets it to 100% (with default keys). Shift or left control will slowly Increase or decrease your throttle respectively 

Typically the throttle is at 50% when you load a ship on the launchpad so you might have accidentally hit X. 

Edited by Gianni1122

• 7 years later...