[1.9.X]Aircraft Carrier Accessories

flywlyx

9 hours ago, flywlyx said:

Yeah, ACA is updated for 1.3 now, 1.2.2 is no longer supported.

I could compile an older version for you, but you need to test it yourself.

I would be thankful, because about half of mods still aren't updated o 1.3 yet for this modpack. very very thankful if you compile 1.2.2 with the catapult changes for me. :)

@flywlyx

For some reason the catapult, OLS, and arresting gear are not loading for me in structural, or any other other place when I search for it, but the Enterprise.  The Enterprise and parts are in the same area but the parts won't load.

Any solutions?

Edited by MrPie83

16 hours ago, Toonu said:

I would be thankful, because about half of mods still aren't updated o 1.3 yet for this modpack. very very thankful if you compile 1.2.2 with the catapult changes for me. :)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkYaAbA9jBpegSpCMrcyeYASNNoQ

Replace the .dll file

1 hour ago, MrPie83 said:

@flywlyx

For some reason the catapult, OLS, and arresting gear are not loading for me in structural, or any other other place when I search for it, but the Enterprise.  The Enterprise and parts are in the same area but the parts won't load.

Any solutions?

Check if folder KFC is inside folder GameData directly.

2 hours ago, flywlyx said:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkYaAbA9jBpegSsdONhowF6hAE9o

Try this one. It might break your plane though.

Perfect! Now it works like a charm. (Still about some few percent more downforce would help, but that's ok) Actually, the plane isnt as fast as catapult, it has set speed to 100 but speed only plane to 56m/s.

Nose go only about 15-25 degrees up now. Thanks a lot! :D

I'll try post a video :D Don't mind quality, it's just for this purposes :D

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx0If3lEDOQIRHh4RXJHVWdlR0U

Edited by Toonu

11 hours ago, Toonu said:

Perfect! Now it works like a charm. (Still about some few percent more downforce would help, but that's ok) Actually, the plane isnt as fast as catapult, it has set speed to 100 but speed only plane to 56m/s.

Nose go only about 15-25 degrees up now. Thanks a lot! :D

I'll try post a video :D Don't mind quality, it's just for this purposes :D

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx0If3lEDOQIRHh4RXJHVWdlR0U

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkYaAbA9jBpegSxyZ2xZ8k1Dcozu

An other update for you for reporting this bug:cool:This is a wrong feature I added but come to be a better logic for position.

On 27/06/2017 at 4:21 AM, flywlyx said:

Yeah, ACA is updated for 1.3 now, 1.2.2 is no longer supported.

I could compile an older version for you, but you need to test it yourself.

Can you please?

EDIT: Oops dont mind me didnt realise i was in the wrong page

EDIT 2: Actually this link doesnt work for me https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkYaAbA9jBpegSxyZ2xZ8k1Dcozu can you just upload it to dropbox please?

Edited by Haxorlols

On 2017/6/30 at 8:58 AM, Haxorlols said:

Can you please?

EDIT: Oops dont mind me didnt realise i was in the wrong page

EDIT 2: Actually this link doesnt work for me https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkYaAbA9jBpegSxyZ2xZ8k1Dcozu can you just upload it to dropbox please?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifogfank0vf9nn6/SPS.dll?dl=0

Replace the OLS.mu with the latest version to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Just installing this now but I have a question.. do you create a WP for us?  and if not could you?   maybe tie it to the "Optical Landing System", so If this part is on the boat then it will add a WP that we can pull up in WP manager, so we can see where the carrier is located and navigate to it.

4 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

Just installing this now but I have a question.. do you create a WP for us?  and if not could you?   maybe tie it to the "Optical Landing System", so If this part is on the boat then it will add a WP that we can pull up in WP manager, so we can see where the carrier is located and navigate to it.

So, what is WP?

is it possible to resize the parts?  I am building a carrier but I guess my flight deck is smaller than expected as the arresting cable etc. are far to big for my design.   could you add a "length/width" scale to the right click menu?  so we can resize the bits to fit what ever we are building?

EDIT:

Oh a "WP" is a Waypoint.  so we can use Waypoint manager to find the carrier that is out in the wild.  I may park it somewhere, and then launch a new aircraft from KSC, and need to fly to the current location of the carrier to land.   it would be nice if I could open the Waypoint manger and select the carrier's waypoint so I can navigate to it.

Edited by Bit Fiddler

17 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

is it possible to resize the parts?  I am building a carrier but I guess my flight deck is smaller than expected as the arresting cable etc. are far to big for my design.   could you add a "length/width" scale to the right click menu?  so we can resize the bits to fit what ever we are building?

EDIT:

Oh a "WP" is a Waypoint.  so we can use Waypoint manager to find the carrier that is out in the wild.  I may park it somewhere, and then launch a new aircraft from KSC, and need to fly to the current location of the carrier to land.   it would be nice if I could open the Waypoint manger and select the carrier's waypoint so I can navigate to it.

Use tweakable everything should be available for all the parts, I will prepare a MM file in future version.

hmm maybe tweakable everything, or maybe my tweak scale is broken.  as I have no scale setting on the right click menu...   this also ties in to I have been assuming for a while now that tweak scale has destroyed all my Reaction wheels in the game.  as all of them are set to a max value of 1 and I am assuming tweak scale messed up the math on resize so maybe there is more to it.

not sure if you meant tweak scale or tweakable everything but I have both installed and do not have any scale settings in the right click menu.

11 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

hmm maybe tweakable everything, or maybe my tweak scale is broken.  as I have no scale setting on the right click menu...   this also ties in to I have been assuming for a while now that tweak scale has destroyed all my Reaction wheels in the game.  as all of them are set to a max value of 1 and I am assuming tweak scale messed up the math on resize so maybe there is more to it.

not sure if you meant tweak scale or tweakable everything but I have both installed and do not have any scale settings in the right click menu.

I will update it maybe this weekend, you can make your own through.

Hello! Sorry to bother anybody, but Space Dock has either been down or really slow for me. I can't access it at all, and since I can't find another download, I'm a little stuck.

I'd appreciate if there was another link, but otherwise I could wait to see if Space Dock starts working again.

If I missed something, I apologize for wasting your time.

On 12/15/2016 at 5:17 PM, Murican_Jeb said:

NEW UPDATE FOR MY PATCH!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Okay. It's not excatly that much but it's better than nothing.

Whats new:

Tweaked the sinking rate of the Enterprise hull

Added Crushable parts (Crush depth is at -100) (Note that the KFC_MM_Crushable file has to be put in the HullBreach folder (like the KFC_MM file))

You need to deleted your Moudle Manager CACHE files because since I added a new patch, you need to delete the CACHE files so it can load. If you don't delete the CACHE files then the Crushable parts won't load and the Enterprise will still sink fast.

Download!

Does anyone still use this patch I made?

On 2017/7/15 at 8:34 AM, Megumeme said:

Hello! Sorry to bother anybody, but Space Dock has either been down or really slow for me. I can't access it at all, and since I can't find another download, I'm a little stuck.

I'd appreciate if there was another link, but otherwise I could wait to see if Space Dock starts working again.

If I missed something, I apologize for wasting your time.

It has a curse download now.

On 7/12/2017 at 8:00 PM, Bit Fiddler said:

+PART[ArrestWire] {
    @name = ArrestWire_Small
    @rescaleFactor = 0.25
    @title ^= :$: Jr.:
    @description ^= :$: Junior version, for baby carriers!:
    @cost *= 0.6
    @mass *= 0.125
    }
}

That should work, It's basically a copy of a different rescale that Taverius made for me a long time ago. (2014) but i gathered enough knowledge of how MM works to reuse it to my use, I haven't actually tested yet though. but the part looks rescaled for what i needed, (Heisenberg airship runway size)

Awesome mod!!

One suggestion: it would be awesome to have a working IFLOLS lens (Improved Fresnel Lens Optical Landing System) on the ship (or a pop-out gauge), so we can "fly the ball."

Here's what I'm talking about:

IFLOLS_2.jpg

It's basically a very precise VASI with a 3.5° glideslope. It's just a bunch of advanced mirrors and lenses that show a different "ball" depending on your height above it. There's 12 cells, so it splits evenly with 6 above the green line (datum), and 6 below. That means if you have the ball slightly high, you're perfectly on glideslope and should catch the 3 wire depending on hook-to-eye point distance.

There's 10 amber cells, each with a 0.13° span, and two red cells on the bottom with a 0.2° span. So that's a 1.7° range, and if you're outside that you won't see "the ball".

Here's some T45s doing Field Carrier Landing Practice with the MK14 field IFLOLS. That would also be cool to have as a standalone part to put on fields...

24mar16whitehouse1.jpg?itok=p4hHMe8q

4 hours ago, mech_engr said:

Awesome mod!!

One suggestion: it would be awesome to have a working IFLOLS lens (Improved Fresnel Lens Optical Landing System) on the ship (or a pop-out gauge), so we can "fly the ball."

Here's what I'm talking about:

IFLOLS_2.jpg

It's basically a very precise VASI with a 3.5° glideslope. It's just a bunch of advanced mirrors and lenses that show a different "ball" depending on your height above it. There's 12 cells, so it splits evenly with 6 above the green line (datum), and 6 below. That means if you have the ball slightly high, you're perfectly on glideslope and should catch the 3 wire depending on hook-to-eye point distance.

There's 10 amber cells, each with a 0.13° span, and two red cells on the bottom with a 0.2° span. So that's a 1.7° range, and if you're outside that you won't see "the ball".

Here's some T45s doing Field Carrier Landing Practice with the MK14 field IFLOLS. That would also be cool to have as a standalone part to put on fields...

24mar16whitehouse1.jpg?itok=p4hHMe8q

It is too small at that distance to identify the lightness difference, and I dont know how to realize the flare effect which make you feel the light is bigger than the other.

Another option is to provide a UI, but I dont like a button for a single function. I will consider it after I finish the refuel system.

Would it possible to include numbers in degrees of how off you are compared to the glide slope that way you can plan a little bit more to get on it vs waiting for the box to get on screen, 

And or have the ability to adjust the size of the OLS in general

and or extend the range of the ols especially if you have the physics extender mod, 

Awesome mod regardless

10 hours ago, Grease1991 said:

Would it possible to include numbers in degrees of how off you are compared to the glide slope that way you can plan a little bit more to get on it vs waiting for the box to get on screen, 

And or have the ability to adjust the size of the OLS in general

and or extend the range of the ols especially if you have the physics extender mod, 

Awesome mod regardless

OLS could extend to 10KM now, adjust the size with tweakable scale will affect the distance, I am still testing it. 

Display the degree is a good idea, or have a color/visual indicator to help identify which range you are in.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.