[1.9.X]Aircraft Carrier Accessories

flywlyx

1 minute ago, flywlyx said:

It works fine on my test plane(stock plane). Have you try reduce the preload to 0? Or if you can update a gif have more details about how it is destroyed?

Thanks for the quick response. First, I wont lie, I'm new to the forum thing so I'm not sure how to make or add gifs/pictures/videos directly to the post.

-It seems to happen immediately after stock physics easing. Some of the tie downs will still be connected to pieces of the aircraft post explosion but obviously when its in pieces, its harder to fly :(

-I have tried different combinations of preload down to 0 on all tie downs.

-It might be a moot point now that I have KJR, I just wondered if you knew of something I was doing wrong.

37 minutes ago, flywlyx said:

It works fine on my test plane(stock plane). Have you try reduce the preload to 0? Or if you can update a gif have more details about how it is destroyed?

This has happened to me a couple times. I use KJR too but I'm not sure it's affected by anything. I'll launch a plane and come back to the carrier, and some of the planes will jump as they load back in, specifically if I've traveled out of loading distance and then back in. They break their 'chains' and this has explosive consequences. I don't think anything can be done about it.. it seems to depend on when everything loads into the scene unfortunately. Certainly I don't think it's anything that @flywlyx can do since it is more related to the loading of vessels rather than the tiedowns themselves.

10 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

This has happened to me a couple times. I use KJR too but I'm not sure it's affected by anything. I'll launch a plane and come back to the carrier, and some of the planes will jump as they load back in, specifically if I've traveled out of loading distance and then back in. They break their 'chains' and this has explosive consequences. I don't think anything can be done about it.. it seems to depend on when everything loads into the scene unfortunately. Certainly I don't think it's anything that @flywlyx can do since it is more related to the loading of vessels rather than the tiedowns themselves.

11 hours ago, EchoDriver said:

Thanks for the quick response. First, I wont lie, I'm new to the forum thing so I'm not sure how to make or add gifs/pictures/videos directly to the post.

-It seems to happen immediately after stock physics easing. Some of the tie downs will still be connected to pieces of the aircraft post explosion but obviously when its in pieces, its harder to fly :(

-I have tried different combinations of preload down to 0 on all tie downs.

-It might be a moot point now that I have KJR, I just wondered if you knew of something I was doing wrong.

2tCD4dR.png8pVlkJA.png

I tried both stock gear and ALG under KJR, but I cant recreate the condition, you can try record a video and upload to https://gfycat.com/

thanks for the mod. :-)
quick question. the hook is acting like a big airbrake in the air... should it be doing that or could it be another mod interfering? 

Edited by freakneek

6 hours ago, EchoDriver said:

Hey, thanks for the link.  Weird enough though, once I removed KJR in order to duplicate the issue, it was not duplicating.  :/  Any luck XOC2008 ?

Well since I build large ships I won't be removing KJR. All I can say is that when I switch between nearby vessels and return to a tied down plane, it has severe compression and wheel stress. (And I note this is not happening when I tiedown tanks and smaller land vehicles in my LCAC)

I give the tie downs plenty of slack, and preload is always zero. If I get around to it I'll post a video of it happening.

4 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

Well since I build large ships I won't be removing KJR. All I can say is that when I switch between nearby vessels and return to a tied down plane, it has severe compression and wheel stress. (And I note this is not happening when I tiedown tanks and smaller land vehicles in my LCAC)

I give the tie downs plenty of slack, and preload is always zero. If I get around to it I'll post a video of it happening.

In my test, plane go up and down, but never crashed. Is it related to the weight or the fixed point mounting location?

8 hours ago, freakneek said:

thanks for the mod. :-)
quick question. the hook is acting like a big airbrake in the air... should it be doing that or could it be another mod interfering? 

It is a feature not a bug (KSP tradition). If you think it affect your game play significantly, we can add a simple fix for this.

Just now, flywlyx said:

In my test, plane go up and down, but never crashed. Is it related to the weight or the fixed point mounting location?

It might be the weight. I build real scale sized planes so it's possible they are just too heavy for the tiedowns.

Just now, flywlyx said:

Do you have a .craft file I can test with?

Let me check and see if I can recreate it easily. I think for the plane I'm using you'll need IR and the model rework and Fantomworks. (And BDA.) And maybe SM Marine. 

3 hours ago, flywlyx said:

It is a feature not a bug (KSP tradition). If you think it affect your game play significantly, we can add a simple fix for this.

I would appreciate it! very much. in smaller aircraft it has a tendency to push the nose way down. It feels like im fighting the controls to stay on landing profile.

Thanks,
freak

8 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

Of course now it simply won't be repeated and everything is working fine. Such as it is with KSP.

Good to hear that.

6 hours ago, freakneek said:

I would appreciate it! very much. in smaller aircraft it has a tendency to push the nose way down. It feels like im fighting the controls to stay on landing profile.

Thanks,
freak

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqykmo0ajzjipsw/TailHook.cfg?dl=0

Try this one, I will include, if works fine, I will include it in next update.

@flywlyx I am seeing an issue where the Fixed point on two vehicles causes them to violently fly apart.  I was trying to park a tank behind another before loading (no were near a tie down) and they bounce way from each other. I can see a 3 meter zone where they bump against each other when moving slowly together.

//Edit 

Doing some further tests - this seems to only happen when using KF tracks - Not sure what is the root cause.

I do see this in logs

[LOG 00:17:28.399] [F: 174017]: [FixedPoint] Collision Enhancer Punch Through - vel: 137.5426
[LOG 00:17:28.403] [F: 174017]: [FixedPoint] Collision Enhancer Punch Through - vel: 84.94325
[LOG 00:17:28.428] [CHATR] Capsule starts the exchange...
[LOG 00:17:30.082] [F: 174062]: [FixedPoint] Collision Enhancer Punch Through - vel: 17.03258
[WRN 00:17:32.848] [F: 174145]: Vessel V - HumVee Debris crashed through terrain on Kerbin.
[LOG 00:17:32.849] FixedPoint Exploded!! - blast awesomeness: 0.5
[LOG 00:17:32.849] [FixedPoint]: Deactivated

Edited by gomker

20 hours ago, gomker said:

Doing some further tests - this seems to only happen when using KF tracks - Not sure what is the root cause.

I notice some abnormal bouncing while testing with ALG, but no idea how could Fixedpoint been damaged, it shouldn't collision to anything.

I will update the collision box and you can test it later.

20 hours ago, flywlyx said:

it shouldn't collision to anything.

I went through a few different variations. My only theory right now is KSPWheel is doing something that your mod is detecting as a collider. I can post a demonstration vid if you would like to see it in action.

On 2017/7/31 at 7:44 PM, gomker said:

I went through a few different variations. My only theory right now is KSPWheel is doing something that your mod is detecting as a collider. I can post a demonstration vid if you would like to see it in action.

Possible, I encounter some issue randomly too. I will check with Shadowmage if he has any clue.

Edit: I notice I missed some trigger collider to put them to part trigger layer, do you mind test it again to isolate the possible failure?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nbqvfgw6gd2kkf/CVAccessories.rar?dl=0

Edited by flywlyx

23 hours ago, flywlyx said:

Possible, I encounter some issue randomly too. I will check with Shadowmage if he has any clue.

Edit: I notice I missed some trigger collider to put them to part trigger layer, do you mind test it again to isolate the possible failure?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nbqvfgw6gd2kkf/CVAccessories.rar?dl=0

Sorry to report the collision was even more violent - it destroyed the runway - eeek. I saw the convo in KSPWheel - I will test his dev DLL in a few

5 minutes ago, gomker said:

Update: The KSPWheel dev version + your changes seem to have corrected it on first test

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0gz91smmgyohtp/CVAccessories.rar?dl=0

There is a problem with that update, layer 21 only collider with layer 16, which is not working, I have update them again.

Edited by flywlyx

1 minute ago, flywlyx said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0gz91smmgyohtp/CVAccessories.rar?dl=0

There is a problem with that update, layer 21 only collider with layer 16, which is working well, I have update them again.

Will run another set of tests, but so far with the new KSPWheel dll no explosions so far. Thanks for tracking that down.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.