[1.9.X]Aircraft Carrier Accessories

flywlyx

1 hour ago, flywlyx said:

Try using KSP_x64.EXE to start your game, log file looks OK, nothing goes wrong there.

work great now, thanks, really cool mod. just a note if you try and boot your self into the water via hyper edit too quickly you will be launched out of the solar system in a fraction of a second xD

13 minutes ago, littlekings said:

work great now, thanks, really cool mod. just a note if you try and boot your self into the water via hyper edit too quickly you will be launched out of the solar system in a fraction of a second xD

Do you have more details? The custom float system might cause some issue, But it also could be the stock floating system, I am always trying to figure out which one goes mad.

Just now, flywlyx said:

Do you have more details? The custom float system might cause some issue, But it also could be the stock floating system, I am always trying to figure out which one goes mad.

i think its bc of the speed i go at and how deep it goes, so when it floats back up it cataculpts pretty fast, it might not have any resistance when it goes underwater as i dont think i hear any on the items break,

1 hour ago, littlekings said:

i think its bc of the speed i go at and how deep it goes, so when it floats back up it cataculpts pretty fast, it might not have any resistance when it goes underwater as i dont think i hear any on the items break,

Use VesselMover instead of Hyperedit and it will set the carrier down nice and gentle.

On 9/12/2017 at 1:23 AM, flywlyx said:

You mean Enterprise?

I am still working on new parts for this MOD, more and better carrier will be added to future plan but not now.

yes IVA for Enterprise maybe for 6 kerbal would be great hehehehehe :D , i mean 300 kerbal for 1 ship ??? that was a lot of kerbal that i cant even manage them all

On 9/13/2017 at 3:08 AM, DiscoveryPlanet said:

yes IVA for Enterprise maybe for 6 kerbal would be great hehehehehe :D , i mean 300 kerbal for 1 ship ??? that was a lot of kerbal that i cant even manage them all

That was left for pilots from planes but seems not necessary now, I will reduce it to 6 (maybe 10?) soon.

• 2 weeks later...

@flywlyx

This mod and your other mod "GN Drive" are being all kinds of confused on KerbalX

Maybe because they share the same folder name KFC? Not sure...

If you look up a craft with the Aircraft Accessories mod, you also get ships like:

https://kerbalx.com/JadeOfMaar/USS-Enterprise-D-T1

KerbalX shows the GN Drive is part of Aircraft Accessories...

I love both these mods BTW :) Thanks for your unique work... it's AWESOME!!

Edited by TheKurgan

Bug hangar

Deploying the plane on the carrier out of the hangar results in plane spawns to high above carrier ends in broken parts on spawn or complete destroyed unflyable plane.

EDIT: Ok its not the height it just messes the complete plane up, in point of parts missalined.

EDIT2: Seems like after respawn on carrier pulling landing gear in and out again fixes all the missaligned part issues. (repeatable) stock landing gear

at spawning plane dashing down into the carrier hitting it ( maybe to high spawn? )

---

very nice mod like it very much :)

Edited by mrvice

22 hours ago, mrvice said:

Bug hangar

Deploying the plane on the carrier out of the hangar results in plane spawns to high above carrier ends in broken parts on spawn or complete destroyed unflyable plane.

EDIT: Ok its not the height it just messes the complete plane up, in point of parts missalined.

EDIT2: Seems like after respawn on carrier pulling landing gear in and out again fixes all the missaligned part issues. (repeatable) stock landing gear

at spawning plane dashing down into the carrier hitting it ( maybe to high spawn? )

---

very nice mod like it very much :)

K2DTCd9.jpg

I couldn't spawn any stock plane, all of them will be disassembled in hangar. I assume it is a bug from Hangar, no idea how to fix it.

On 9/25/2017 at 2:38 PM, mrvice said:

hmm interessting iam able to spawn the exact same plane inside the hangar mod hangars and respawn them without any problems ( except missing friction from wheels )

Maybe it is related to KJR or other MOD, but I am flying single part plane anyway, so whatever:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2017 at 4:42 AM, Acvila said:

@SpaceEnthusiast23

version of ksp? 32 or 64 bits? 

64-bit. I have a 64 bit os as well.

On 10/6/2017 at 1:16 PM, flywlyx said:

Step1: Provide KSP.log file.

In a bit, sorry not now. Later. I will edit

EDIT: I got it fixed. I used 1.2.2 and not 1.3 so thats why

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast23
Problem fixed!

I'm trying to use this mod with the Heisenberg Airships mod to make a carrier dirigible, but the Carrier Accessories parts are way too big for the dirigible. Are there any plans to give this mod a Tweakscale config? I'd really love to put catapults and arresting wires on the dirigible carrier!

EDIT: Looks like the guys at Heisenberg already got there. Should have looked before posting...

Edited by CaptainPanda

On 10/18/2017 at 8:07 PM, CaptainPanda said:

I'm trying to use this mod with the Heisenberg Airships mod to make a carrier dirigible, but the Carrier Accessories parts are way too big for the dirigible. Are there any plans to give this mod a Tweakscale config? I'd really love to put catapults and arresting wires on the dirigible carrier!

EDIT: Looks like the guys at Heisenberg already got there. Should have looked before posting...

I have a plan of include tweakable function, too busy to work on MOD now. Tweak scale will be resulting in some trigger size problems, but mostly workable, you could use it for now.

On 10/20/2017 at 10:37 AM, flywlyx said:

I have a plan of include tweakable function, too busy to work on MOD now. Tweak scale will be resulting in some trigger size problems, but mostly workable, you could use it for now.

Yeah, i have Tweakscale installed, but the ACA parts need a .cfg file to work with Tweakscale. I'll copy over the instructions that the guys on the Heisenberg mod have come up with:

Spoiler

1: Download and install Tweakscale

2: Copy the following text into a Notepad file:

SCALETYPE
{
    name = freePSA2
    freeScale = false
    defaultScale = 36.5
    suffix = m
    scaleFactors   = 10, 20, 30, 36.5, 40
}

@PART[ArrestWire] // ACA Arresting gear wire
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA2
    }
}

@PART[Catapult] // ACA Catapult
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA2
    }
}

@PART[CLLS] // ACA Carrier Launch and Landing System
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA2
    }
}

@PART[FixedPoint] // ACA Mounting point to work with Tie Down
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = FreePSA2
    }
}

@PART[OLS] // ACA Optical Landing System
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA2
    }
}

@PART[TieDown] // ACA Tiedown point
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA2
    }
}

@PART[TailHook] // ACA Tailhook
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA2
    }
}

3: Save the Notepad file (whatever you wish to name it) as a .cfg file.

4: Copy the .cfg file into your KSP GameData folder.

I had another question for you as well: the Enterprise has a compatibilty with the Hangar mod, but once the vessel is launched, there's no option to get the stored vehicle out of the Hangar. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.