[1.9.X]Aircraft Carrier Accessories

flywlyx

@Murican_Jeb
This explains the Fork/Clone process for github - https://guides.github.com/activities/forking/

It can be a bit overwhelming if you never touched it before. If you prefer you can send me the MM config and I can add it myself and credit you.

@flywlyx

On 12/11/2016 at 7:14 PM, flywlyx said:
On 12/11/2016 at 7:12 PM, wrench-in-the-works said:

Is there any way to make sure the catapult doesn't slingshot the craft around when you touch it? Every time I touch the box, the wheel snaps forwards too fast, overshoots, slingshots back, overshoots, over and over and over until the plane I'm trying to launch explodes. I'm just rolling into it (>0.5 m/s). Am I doing something wrong or...?

Keep brake on will help. I will figure a solution soon.

Not sure how you are moving the vessel when it makes contact ( I didn't see a github link) but I ran into phantom forces with VesselMover when updating to 1.2. The game engine assumes any time something is moved there will be forces applied to the vessel/parts. For VesselMover I had to add calls to ignore GForces any time movement was made to keep larger parts from flying apart.

v.IgnoreGForces(240);

where "v" is your Vessel object and the number of frames to ignore, in this case 240 (I just picked a number that seemed to work)

Hope this helps, my planes go crazy when they touch the launcher right now and the boat is AirParked.

Thanks for the great parts!

Edited by gomker

2 hours ago, gomker said:

Not sure how you are moving the vessel when it makes contact ( I didn't see a github link) but I ran into phantom forces with VesselMover when updating to 1.2. The game engine assumes any time something is moved there will be forces applied to the vessel/parts. For VesselMover I had to add calls to ignore GForces any time movement was made to keep larger parts from flying apart.

@gomkerThank you for your suggestion! I check it again, notice the problem is I only apply the stop force to the front gear(want to simulate reality). Now I apply the stop force to the whole plane, which should solve the problem now. 

I can't seem to get my tailhook to function correctly. So far I've been forced to land without a tailhook, which is possible, but a bit of a close call. when I toggle the tailhook, the game says the tailhook's deployed, but there's no animation and the hook remains static. It seems to have no effect on the arresting wire as well. Sometimes it seems to register for a second and the wire bends, but is static and doesn't affect the aircraft. It's especially weird because the catapult and carrier works fine. Am I the only one with this issue? Is it a compatibility thing? I don't think I'm using any mods that would conflict but who knows with Unity games.

Edit: After testing with a different aircraft, it seems like the whole mod is broken for me. The carrier itself works fine and can store aircraft, but the catapult is completely broken. Once it locks itself onto the front wheel of my plane it just throws it around until I launch it, where it then launches the plane no matter what position its thrown into, which usually breaks the aircraft and throws the remains off the deck. While this would make a great automatic deck cleaning system, I doubt that's what this mod was made for. Can someone help?

Edit 2: Nevermind, got it working.

Edited by 8bitsblu

On 12/29/2016 at 6:27 PM, flywlyx said:

hope it works for you.

Confirmed, works perfectly.

I did find an issue with VesselMover in which your parts without meshes caused the bounds calculations to freak out. I will be issuing a fix shortly

19 hours ago, gomker said:

Confirmed, works perfectly.

I did find an issue with VesselMover in which your parts without meshes caused the bounds calculations to freak out. I will be issuing a fix shortly

All the part should come with meshes, the reason why bounds calculation freak out might because the OLS has a huge trigger collider which will mess up the bound box.

2 minutes ago, flywlyx said:

All the part should come with meshes, the reason why bounds calculation freak out might because the OLS has a huge trigger collider which will mess up the bound box.

Ah, makes sense. I am just ignoring your part modules in VesselMover for now until I can figure out a better solution - probably going with a config file users can add stuff to to ignore in case this comes up again.

On 1/5/2017 at 4:08 PM, Toonu said:

Is it normal the game freeze when I place in SPH/VAB OLS and crash? Not crash, but freeze must  be closed...so no log there... Latest version

On 12/20/2016 at 2:55 AM, Spraki said:

Hi.First off, thanks for your mod!

I have a few questions about OLS. 

I had this idea of putting a drone rover with OLS at either end of the runway. I kinda ran against three problems. I am not sure if there is a FAQ around.

One. For some reason, the game will lag heavily when spawning on the runway. Once I was off it, it was ok until I spawn a different craft on the runway. Not sure if this is due to the ILS slope gui intersecting with the runway mesh.

Is it ok to put the OLS on other parts than your CV parts?

Two, it seems that whenever I put the OLS on a different craft such as the said drone rover, the game sometimes spawn the craft 5000m above the runway, freefall drop like a skydive in Pilotwings on SNES lol.

Three. The general OLS guidance gui + cockpit laserpoint only seems to appear at 1km range, which is damn short for most of my crafts since some are coming im with 80 to 100m/s (yeah too fast, but I love it all kerbally).

I wasn't able to see the guide slope line in the SPH editor but this my be to my lowend laptop. Does the angle of the part play a role?

Or even better, is it possible to raise the range of the OLS guide? Provided there is a limit. I checked the partcfg, but so far only edites the part's R&D availability to Engineering101node.

never mind the third issue. Didnt see that the other thread had a minimod of your mod with a 10km range. Provided it works for 1.2.2

So, since both of your guys mentioned this, I think I need to include a control of the OLS activation. What is your suggestion for the OLS idling form?

On 2017/1/6 at 5:58 PM, Spraki said:

Oh, Idling form? Not sure if I understand :). I am not all to into the terminologies or modding terms all together.

Like you need to disable the CLS and hide it. But you need to activate it through click something.

On 7.1.2017 at 9:48 PM, flywlyx said:

Like you need to disable the CLS and hide it. But you need to activate it through click something.

Ahh

Didn't know we can decide :).

Suppose simple buttons, but I think all visual effects of the OLS/ should be off by default. Maybe to avoid the lag on runway until we can position it.

I made a silly meatball sort of rover with a long tower with lights. Was gonna put the OLS / CLS on it.

However this could be due to my lowend specs. So don't mind me too much. Maybe somebody else has a better suggestion.

Edited by Spraki

27 minutes ago, Spraki said:

Ahh

Didn't know we can decide :).

Suppose simple buttons, but I think all visual effects of the OLS/ should be off by default. Maybe to avoid the lag on runway until we can position it.

I made a silly meatball sort of rover with a long tower with lights. Was gonna put the OLS / CLS on it.

However this could be due to my lowend specs. So don't mind me too much. Maybe somebody else has a better suggestion.

Meatball is installed beside the runway instead on it. I will try running light shape 1st.

On 1/17/2017 at 11:29 AM, udidwht said:

Unable to download using CKAN 1.22.1-0g174271a (beta)

Shows the following:

About to install...

* Aircraft Carrier Accessories 1.13

Downloading "https://spacedock.info/mod/1068/Aircraft Carrier Accessories/download/1.13"

Error!

CKAN doesn't work well for a while, please download from space dock

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.