[1.9.X]Aircraft Carrier Accessories

flywlyx

10 hours ago, freakneek said:

No problem. :-) That is precisely what i am doing at the present.

thanks for the response and your efforts on this mod. :-) 

It is my pleasure.

7 hours ago, strongest_2hu said:

How would fixing ACA to be compatible with KSPWheel make ACA dependent on KSPWheel?

Because you need to grab the wheel instead of grab the collider. I am considering the ability to grab anything, just wondering if it is going to be inconvenient.

13 minutes ago, flywlyx said:

Because you need to grab the wheel instead of grab the collider. I am considering the ability to grab anything, just wondering if it is going to be inconvenient.

Hi a note re this,   the only two colliders  present in a kspw wheel is the attach point collider and the KSPWheel collider, the code specifically strips out any other colliders, so that unlike a stock wheel there are no mesh colliders or collision enhancers. All that leaves is the actual mesh, can you grab something that has no collider?

35 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi a note re this,   the only two colliders  present in a kspw wheel is the attach point collider and the KSPWheel collider, the code specifically strips out any other colliders, so that unlike a stock wheel there are no mesh colliders or collision enhancers. All that leaves is the actual mesh, can you grab something that has no collider?

I don't know if trigger collider can get Wheelcollider. If not, yeah, there is no way I could get it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a great mod and the parts work perfectly. Great work. I myself was trying to develop an arrestor hook system with the dynamic cables, but I wasn't sure how it should handle physics and I abandoned it. 

Does this mod have a code repository (like Github) of some kind? I had to go into the code and make a copy of the Catapult class you made but with a toggle setting so that the catapult doesn't grab everything all the time when it's disabled by the user (On an aircraft carrier I use, the same platform is used for landing and takeoff). I would have made a pull request and I don't want to just post the new plugin file so I posted this. 

Also, please include the .csproj file in your Source.rar file if you are willing to. It's so that people can just open the project in whatever IDE they are using and start looking at it.

Thanks!

EDIT: Made it change color on enable/disable change.

Edited by CrayzeeMonkey

10 hours ago, njmksr said:

What's this screenshot from? The carrier looks like a cool, futuristic carrier.

CYnGP95.png

Retribution from COD:IW

k1spoFD.gif

Only a test platform, not even finished.

On 5/13/2017 at 3:14 PM, CrayzeeMonkey said:

This is a great mod and the parts work perfectly. Great work. I myself was trying to develop an arrestor hook system with the dynamic cables, but I wasn't sure how it should handle physics and I abandoned it. 

Does this mod have a code repository (like Github) of some kind? I had to go into the code and make a copy of the Catapult class you made but with a toggle setting so that the catapult doesn't grab everything all the time when it's disabled by the user (On an aircraft carrier I use, the same platform is used for landing and takeoff). I would have made a pull request and I don't want to just post the new plugin file so I posted this. 

Also, please include the .csproj file in your Source.rar file if you are willing to. It's so that people can just open the project in whatever IDE they are using and start looking at it.

Thanks!

EDIT: Made it change color on enable/disable change.

Thank you for feed back, I plan to add switches on all the parts on next update for 1.3(if it roll out fast).

On 5/18/2017 at 11:40 AM, flywlyx said:

Retribution from COD:IW

k1spoFD.gif

Only a test platform, not even finished.

Thank you for feed back, I plan to add switches on all the parts on next update for 1.3(if it roll out fast).

Do you want testers?

@flywlyx, I can test out compatibility with other mods if that is something you are interested it. I currently am doing my own non asked for tests with BDArmory as with other weapons mods.  I foresee people trying to use a weapon mod with your aircraft mod, as with other water based craft for aircraft carriers I can test them with this system. 

I have 3 kerbals stationed on the Enterprise, as the minimum required crew to operate it. But there are no portraits of crew members. Also, there are is no "crew hatch" or similar on the ship, so how does one transfer crew back and forth?

5 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

I have 3 kerbals stationed on the Enterprise, as the minimum required crew to operate it. But there are no portraits of crew members. Also, there are is no "crew hatch" or similar on the ship, so how does one transfer crew back and forth?

All the crew operation is supposed through Hangar MOD, since it is not updated, I will include a hatch Next update.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this compatible with ALG(Adjustable Landing Gear, now Kerbal Foundries or Kerbal Wheel I guess)? Because that gear can't lock onto catapult, when I've tried it. Also, some Git link so I can do some pull req?

Also when launchign vessel with catapult, it jumps into air with first wheel before moving forward. It always destroys whole back of my plane. Any idea how to fix?

Edited by Toonu

On 6/13/2017 at 5:37 AM, Toonu said:

Is this compatible with ALG(Adjustable Landing Gear, now Kerbal Foundries or Kerbal Wheel I guess)? Because that gear can't lock onto catapult, when I've tried it. Also, some Git link so I can do some pull req?

Also when launchign vessel with catapult, it jumps into air with first wheel before moving forward. It always destroys whole back of my plane. Any idea how to fix?

I will upload a fix later today. An exponential growth down force should fix it.

@ToonuHow is everything now?

Edited by flywlyx

On 14. 6. 2017 at 10:48 PM, flywlyx said:

I will upload a fix later today. An exponential growth down force should fix it.

@ToonuHow is everything now?

Actually, the game crashed, because I didn't noticed its 1.3 version. And because most of mods still isn't on 1.3, I can't try it with my carrier setup. Will it be hard to make this change for older (1.2.2) version of your mod?

I'll try make some changes in mods and try it on 1.3 through....

@flywlyx

Edited by Toonu

10 hours ago, Toonu said:

Actually, the game crashed, because I didn't noticed its 1.3 version. And because most of mods still isn't on 1.3, I can't try it with my carrier setup. Will it be hard to make this change for older (1.2.2) version of your mod?

I'll try make some changes in mods and try it on 1.3 through....

@flywlyx

Seems to work fine on 1.3 from all the playing I've been doing.  Granted, I'm not using the Enterprise, I'm using OLS, catapult, and arresting gear resized to 27% on the deck of Angel-125's Heisenberg airship mod.  All the parts have been working flawlessly in 1.3.

12 hours ago, panarchist said:

Seems to work fine on 1.3 from all the playing I've been doing.  Granted, I'm not using the Enterprise, I'm using OLS, catapult, and arresting gear resized to 27% on the deck of Angel-125's Heisenberg airship mod.  All the parts have been working flawlessly in 1.3.

Actually, my game crashed on loading screen and when I put back old version, it works. So I guess problem is there, but the game didn't generate any crash log except hundreds of 0x0000. No crash log unfortunately. :( Maybe it isn't compatible with some of my mods... Still I couldn't tried if it works when the game didn't started...

Edited by Toonu

15 hours ago, Toonu said:

Actually, my game crashed on loading screen and when I put back old version, it works. So I guess problem is there, but the game didn't generate any crash log except hundreds of 0x0000. No crash log unfortunately. :( Maybe it isn't compatible with some of my mods... Still I couldn't tried if it works when the game didn't started...

Try to get ksp.log file, in most cases, this is the log file modders are looking for.

You can open with text check the last few sentence, most cases, it will indicate a loading error or compiling error about the MOD it try to work with but failed.

Ok, again, no crash log, just KSP.log ... It crashes at Kerbal Foundries wheels loading, maybe you changedsoem compatibility with its wheels for catapults?

Log here 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6m1g6i99nihafi/KSP.log?dl=0

Since there aren't your Git, I suggest this pull request... but I didn't write any code for year+ so I'm not sure if its correct :D

End of catapult wheel checking

private bool IsWheel(Part IRpart)
    {
        foreach (PartModule m in IRpart.Modules)
        {
            if (m.moduleName == "ModuleWheelBase" || "KSPWheelAdjustableGear")
            {
                Wheel = (ModuleWheelBase)m;
                if (Wheel.isGrounded)
                {
                    Debug.Log("Contact");
                    return true;
                }
            }
        }
        return false;
    }

Edited by Toonu

On 6/22/2017 at 2:44 AM, Toonu said:

Ok, again, no crash log, just KSP.log ... It crashes at Kerbal Foundries wheels loading, maybe you changedsoem compatibility with its wheels for catapults?

Log here 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6m1g6i99nihafi/KSP.log?dl=0

Since there aren't your Git, I suggest this pull request... but I didn't write any code for year+ so I'm not sure if its correct :D

End of catapult wheel checking

private bool IsWheel(Part IRpart)
    {
        foreach (PartModule m in IRpart.Modules)
        {
            if (m.moduleName == "ModuleWheelBase" || "KSPWheelAdjustableGear")
            {
                Wheel = (ModuleWheelBase)m;
                if (Wheel.isGrounded)
                {
                    Debug.Log("Contact");
                    return true;
                }
            }
        }
        return false;
    }

Foundries wheel doesn't have collider, so there is no way to detect it. Only add it to the wheel reorganization process doesn't really help.

9 hours ago, flywlyx said:

Foundries wheel doesn't have collider, so there is no way to detect it. Only add it to the wheel reorganization process doesn't really help.

Ok, my fault... But any news onto crashing?

On 2017-6-24 at 2:14 AM, Toonu said:

Ok, my fault... But any news onto crashing?

You need a 1.2.2 build... It crash on loading foundries wheel, which means parts are fine but .dll needs downgrade.

2 hours ago, flywlyx said:

You need a 1.2.2 build... It crash on loading foundries wheel, which means parts are fine but .dll needs downgrade.

1.2.2 build of mod? Because KSP are on 1.2.2 version. And when I load back old ACA folder, it works fine...

15 hours ago, Toonu said:

1.2.2 build of mod? Because KSP are on 1.2.2 version. And when I load back old ACA folder, it works fine...

Yeah, ACA is updated for 1.3 now, 1.2.2 is no longer supported.

I could compile an older version for you, but you need to test it yourself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.