[1.9.X]Aircraft Carrier Accessories

flywlyx

10 hours ago, busterdylan said:

im not using CKAN so dont no what it is ill reinstall again

also are u not ment to be able to turn the ship or also bug it was in the section with the hanger in the config

hey just checked spacedock its updated to 1.2.2 yay

Edited by iplayksp

18 hours ago, busterdylan said:

im not using CKAN so dont no what it is ill reinstall again

also are u not ment to be able to turn the ship or also bug it was in the section with the hanger in the config

Turing ship with Q and E. 

7 hours ago, Enceos said:

@flywlyx It is possible to make parts of a model appear only in the editor and be invisible in flight. Setting a layer 17 to an object will make it invisible after the launch, so you don' have to tweak the parts after placing them.

Thank you! 

Is there any way to make sure the catapult doesn't slingshot the craft around when you touch it? Every time I touch the box, the wheel snaps forwards too fast, overshoots, slingshots back, overshoots, over and over and over until the plane I'm trying to launch explodes. I'm just rolling into it (>0.5 m/s). Am I doing something wrong or...?

On 2016/12/10 at 1:14 PM, Enceos said:

@flywlyx It is possible to make parts of a model appear only in the editor and be invisible in flight. Setting a layer 17 to an object will make it invisible after the launch, so you don' have to tweak the parts after placing them.

Look like setting it in unity doesn't help, shall I use gameobject.layer = 17 to make it work?

Just now, wrench-in-the-works said:

Is there any way to make sure the catapult doesn't slingshot the craft around when you touch it? Every time I touch the box, the wheel snaps forwards too fast, overshoots, slingshots back, overshoots, over and over and over until the plane I'm trying to launch explodes. I'm just rolling into it (>0.5 m/s). Am I doing something wrong or...?

Keep brake on will help. I will figure a solution soon.

11 hours ago, MarlboroMan said:

Nice mod.

How can we have the guidance system range increased? Is that something you can tweak or will it increase in range if I use that mod to increase physics range distance. I forget the name of it right now.

Current range is 2km, slightly shorter than the physic loading range. Because I use a trigger instead of scan all the ship, Larger trigger sometimes caught by Kraken

8 hours ago, Enceos said:

@flywlyx You can set here, layer 17, and don't forget to name it Editor_UI

HP2hxV5.png

Yeah, I tried exactly the same way. I think it is Because the white block is the only collider in the part.

Have not tried this mod out yet but I do like the sound of it. Might  give it a go later tonight. In 0.24 I had a long running obsession with ships and planes in this game instead of rocketry lol.

Looks good on the parts dude. I'll give it a try tonight and report back! :)

6 hours ago, flywlyx said:

Yeah, I tried exactly the same way. I think it is Because the white block is the only collider in the part.

I might be wrong somewhere, I haven't used this feature for quite some time. Need to ask other knowledgeable modellers. @Beale @nli2work Do you guys happen to know which Unity layer or tag makes an object appear only in the editor and not in flight?

Edited by Enceos

11 hours ago, flywlyx said:

Current range is 2km, slightly shorter than the physic loading range. Because I use a trigger instead of scan all the ship, Larger trigger sometimes caught by Kraken

So is that a no?

How about integration with NavUtilities?

It's not too hard lining up with the carrier to land, but instrumentation to line up 10 kms away would be very useful. 2kms is better than no guidance system, but too late if you are more than 20 odd degrees off the flight path.

Speaking of the kraken, I spent a couple hours landing, taking off last night, a few times just before touching down, i had the carrier jump up in the air, flip round and destroy everything on the deck.

Least best part of this mod is the catapults attraction. I hope you're working on it. Maybe a tweakable setting to reduce the attraction like you have for target velocity. Bigger planes aren't too bad, but light aircraft almost always get bashed up bad.

20 minutes ago, MarlboroMan said:

So is that a no?

How about integration with NavUtilities?

It's not too hard lining up with the carrier to land, but instrumentation to line up 10 kms away would be very useful. 2kms is better than no guidance system, but too late if you are more than 20 odd degrees off the flight path.

Speaking of the kraken, I spent a couple hours landing, taking off last night, a few times just before touching down, i had the carrier jump up in the air, flip round and destroy everything on the deck.

Least best part of this mod is the catapults attraction. I hope you're working on it. Maybe a tweakable setting to reduce the attraction like you have for target velocity. Bigger planes aren't too bad, but light aircraft almost always get bashed up bad.

If you really want, I could make a custom 10km version for you, you need to figure out the loading distance yourself. However the proper way to do it is remember the runway direction and line up the target icon on the nav ball. I am working on a softer lining up, it will be weaker but far more stable.

3 hours ago, MarlboroMan said:

Yes please, I'll totally try out a custom 10km guidance range.

I just noticed you've updated the mod without telling us. Will try 1.1 later today and hopefully a development guidance system.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pit130ebecawtc/OLS.mu?dl=0

Here is your 10km version. You need another mod to extend your loading range. And I can not guarantee it will work.

2 hours ago, colmo said:

The Enterprise part isn't included in the 1.1 download, fyi.

Oh, this is a big mis....

5 minutes ago, Baybrawler said:

Has anyone found a good way to attach planes to the carrier for long distance hauling without risk of slip? Brakes seem to work when locked, but I would like to attach them to be just one ship, perhaps a special docking port for this? 

Try KAS. You can make 2 ships become one.

6 hours ago, Baybrawler said:

Has anyone found a good way to attach planes to the carrier for long distance hauling without risk of slip? Brakes seem to work when locked, but I would like to attach them to be just one ship, perhaps a special docking port for this? 

Try hanger MOD in recommend MOD list.

21 hours ago, flywlyx said:

Here is your 10km version.

Thank you. Works like a charm. For future reference, what does this OLS.mu file contain? If i want to keep using a 10km ranged guidance system, how will this file effect future updates of your mod?

QG8h8QN.jpg

19 hours ago, Baybrawler said:

Have you found a solution?

I can confirm KAS will allow you to add struts to anything parked on the deck to secure during carrier acceleration like so..

WsIu9GP.jpg

You can also refuel your aircraft once linked to the carrier.

Edited by MarlboroMan

Hello folks.

I am working on a Hull Breach config so the Carrier will actually sink, because who wants a Carrier just blowing up instead of filling up with salt water drowning everyone?

Right?

2 hours ago, MarlboroMan said:

Thank you. Works like a charm. For future reference, what does this OLS.mu file contain? If i want to keep using a 10km ranged guidance system, how will this file effect future updates of your mod?

You can keep using it. I don't have any plan for modification.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.