The Stock Weapons Challenge

On 8/15/2017 at 11:53 PM, blarp said:

how does it work?

when you fire the rocket that shoots the projectile, it makes the mechanism attached to the rocket blow back and allows a projectile to fall down. when you stop the firing, the projectiles stop falling

I made these main gun rounds long ago, it was a commonumtron 88-88, cubic strut and 4 seperatons, very deadly very accurate, called them my BFG (Big Freindly Greeting) round, you know because it's an antennae, saying hello, in the opposite way of freindly, yeah wasn't that funny back then either. The good part was they could be stacked in many ways.

BE4VWNm.png

VLKr6xx.png

68uZxcH.png

Edited by selfish_meme

On 8/30/2017 at 10:17 PM, selfish_meme said:

I made these main gun rounds long ago, it was a commonumtron 88-88, cubic strut and 4 seperatons, very deadly very accurate, called them my BFG (Big Freindly Greeting) round, you know because it's an antennae, saying hello, in the opposite way of freindly, yeah wasn't that funny back then either. The good part was they could be stacked in many ways.

BE4VWNm.png

VLKr6xx.png

?68uZxcH.png

what are the wheels for?

I'm working on a little bomber for a target, but I need it to be capable of destroying a facility. I'm using a 1.25m custom bomb bay so I-beams are kinda out of the question (I already tried I-beam tipped ones, I could only fit 3 and they didn't work). Currently I'm using 10 full radial ore containers with decouplers, and I suspect they are hitting at around 100 m/s. They don't work on any facility. Any good compact bomb designs for me to "borrow"?

On 9/4/2017 at 2:13 PM, PaperAviator said:

I'm working on a little bomber for a target, but I need it to be capable of destroying a facility. I'm using a 1.25m custom bomb bay so I-beams are kinda out of the question (I already tried I-beam tipped ones, I could only fit 3 and they didn't work). Currently I'm using 10 full radial ore containers with decouplers, and I suspect they are hitting at around 100 m/s. They don't work on any facility. Any good compact bomb designs for me to "borrow"?

take a .625 meter fuel tank, put some wings on it and translate them so they fit in your bomb bay. Then put a .625 stack SEPARATOR on the front. (decouplers don't work) now, put like 2 sets of 8 RCS balls onto the seperator and translate them so they are about halfway inside of each other. now put another .625 meter fuel tank in front of the seperator, small control module, small battery, and then a small nosecone on it. you can mount that onto a decoupler. I used to use the nuclear fuel rod to power it, but those tend to mess with the seperation as you have to clip them inside. you should also put a small nosecone on the back. you;ve got yourself a mini cluster bomb that may be able to destroy a light building, but defnitely not the VAB.

variations can be made about what the bomblets are. you can use cubic struts, thermometers, small batteries, or sepatrons (set them on the same stage as the separator for extra fun but almost no damage to anything.)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2017 at 2:36 AM, Glitchgamer12 said:

This isn't something fancy but this is my first try at making a stock dumb fire missile: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1124307395

Just 4 fins, 8 SRB's, and a short I-beam :)

Also how do i upload a GIF to here?

You upload it to gfycat and then post its gif link

This counts as a weapon right??? :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.