Realistic Planet Brightness

You have to download kopernicus and write a cfg for the sun and change its brightness by editing the scaledLightIntensity and the scaledSunlightIntensity to be a value of 1.  The planets will be a lot brighter. And more what you are looking for.  

I think it would be a good idea for stock to implement lighting sliders so people can configure their game graphically as desired.  Right now everything from ambient lighting to sun intensity is a variable that can easily be altered with a mod, but itd be great to have this capability in stock as a graphics slider.

I would love to have slightly increased solar intensity but a decrease to ambient lighting (which makes the game look terrible, hard to play without ambient light adjustment or planetshine which lets you edit that) would be nice at least for those of us that like a challenge landing in pitch black and makes the lights actually a useful piece of equipment so docking in pitch black isnt suicide.  Same thing with the skybox, it fits the stock ambient lighting scheme kinda, but itd look cooler when its darker imo.

That said, its really a subjective thing as to what level of lighting is ideal.  How about it @SQUAD, do you think allowing users to custom set things like ambient light level, sunlight intensity, and skybox brightness using sliders in the settings?  Would go a long way towards customizeability and would make everyone from reality nutjobs (turn the ambient lighting to something like 0) to streamers (want to have higher ambient light so viewers can see jack at night) much happier and would remove more mods from the so called cant play without category...

• 2 years later...
On 12/5/2016 at 7:26 AM, Galileo said:

You have to download kopernicus and write a cfg for the sun and change its brightness by editing the scaledLightIntensity and the scaledSunlightIntensity to be a value of 1.  The planets will be a lot brighter. And more what you are looking for.  

How do i do that?

On 12/5/2016 at 1:26 AM, Galileo said:

Ohhh perfect.  I was asking about this very thing in a new thread.  Glad I looked in here!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.