Hello, i have been playing to KSP for truly long and, i reached the point that its unplayable.

I want to make some good ore refiners, and i manage but now, with all working and near so i do not have to travel too much its imposible to focus on the place (or gather the fuel from it).

At this point i managed to get steady rate (yes my stuff on minmus has enough batteries,drills, coolers, and solar panels to actually be working full time 24/7), so basically it generates a steady amount of fuel all the time. I truly do not want to cheat it. so i imagined that i can just do 1 piece that replaces all others, not to cheat just to replace and lower the amount of items (each ship has at least 200, and this are like 10 or more ships linked together).

I am willing to even sacrifice them and make the place "unmovable" after this change is done. so my plan was, to make a mod that with just a basic cube do all at the same time, the problem now is, that the pannels do not receive sun and the drillers do not drill . so or what i want cannot be done or i am to new to mods.

also i did not even started trying but if its so hard to just set the module of a solar pannel the rest that i want to do may be impossible.

but i say never the less may be it inspires someone.

The idea is after having all in just one piece, that this piece has basically 0.01, so if you use it like that its not usefull. even so anything that attaches to it, can be set inside (not sure if its posible to do this but, my idea was to scan the "attached ship" ( or rover or whatever it was, and add the resource needed and generated to it, and make the original disapear, even so to add all the mass to it as well).

even if this can be done just once and after that cannot change.

now i am stuck and can't play the game, because all my idea was to gather fuel and if cannot go on with that cannot continue. the problem is not that is just slow but its so slow that when i press the escape button it crashes.

now, can someone tell me what to do?, do i just edit it to give it "extra powers" to this station and remove the rest? or should i wait for some mod to solve this?

the only mod i have installed is the precise Node and nothing else. so i doubt thats the problem

the real problem is that the ship i manage to make has about 256 bateries, and a lot of solar arrays too. i have just edited a few times the save to see which ship was causting the most lag and it was that and the harversters themselves.

so no need of such there just too many ships near each other.

is it possible to make some tool to "absorb" pieces inside? even if the ship becomes a box. i mean i do not want to pay less or cheat.

but, for what i am seeing having 1 battery which cost equals all the other with that amount of electricity and mass, will be almost the same, except the cost of processing it for the game will be truly a lot less).

i know this makes it a bit "unrealistic" but, at least will be playable

((and to do the same with all other parts as well))

• 3 weeks later...

You can check out the welding mod:

It wont work for batteries as far as I recall, nor other movable or "interactive"(?) parts like engines, docking ports, etc. But it's great for structural pieces. You also might want to consider working on your part count, try to downscale your projects. KSP is very demanding on your PC and since it simulates physics individually for each part, there's a limit to how fast all these calculations can happen at once, and you get lag. Optimize your designs to be more minimalist, do more with less, etc. Use a big battery instead of two small ones, to give a very basic example. Or buy a better PC.

Edited by A_name

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.