You guys....

glibbo

I'm sorry to waste anyone's time but, I just have to say that once again I have been trawling through the add on release thread, and once again I am moved to comment on the people that blow my mind with the knowledge / inspiration they possess and impart, peace to all.

Mods definitely are an amazing gift. A spirit of ingenuity and the state of mind where one thinks "You know, I think the game would be better if..." is perhaps one of the great things about amazing fans of video games, not to mention the game creators that allow, even encourage such tinkering.

Nearly three years into KSP, and I still continue to be amazed at the KSP community.  It's a beacon of civility and awesomeness amid the myriad cesspits of teh internets.

I think a major part of the engine that drives it is a "virtuous triangle" of modders, KSP devs, and community members.

• The modders just selflessly make everybody's lives nicer.  @Maximus97 summed it up best, above.
  • But the modders couldn't do that if the KSP devs hadn't done such a fantastic job of making KSP really moddable in the first place.  And it's not just the initial setup, here: I've seen so many instances of the KSP devs being active in these forums, especially in the highly-technical sections that modders tend to frequent.  I've seen multiple occasions where a modder provided constructive feedback to the dev team ("hey, I wish I could mod this, but the game won't let me"), and a KSP dev jumped on it and had that available in the next update.  That's frickin' amazing, I've never seen that kind of community engagement from software producers anywhere.
  • And the modders wouldn't have a reason to share their mods, if the community weren't so appreciative and welcoming.  I've been modding for just over a year now, and I gotta say, I continue to be humbled by the floods of encouragement, thanks, and helpful suggestions from the folks who use my mods.  It's a major incentive for me to keep modding.

So... we should all pat ourselves on the back.  If you're a modder... thank you, and please keep it up.  If you're a KSP dev... thank you especially, and I hope you continue to stay so engaged with the modding community.  And if you're a community member and avid mod user... thank you, and please remember to express your appreciation to the authors of the mods you like so much.

Group hug!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.