your most painful ksp moments

imkrazy

I forget which version it was where they added that stupid contract decline penalty, but I missed that in the release notes and started a new career in that version. Kept wondering why my reputation was going in the crapper until I found out that they now punish you for declining too many of the ridiculously stupid contracts you're offered (to cover up the fact that the contract system was and still is broken as heck). Thankfully, they also put in an option to disable that nonsense (I wish it was disabled by default, but at least I can turn it off). Probably my second biggest gripe about this game. It ruined a perfectly good career game I had going, and left me banging my head in frustration until I went back and read the fine print in that version's release notes to figure out what the heck was going on.

On ‎9‎. ‎1‎. ‎2017 at 7:26 AM, JamesL86 said:

Realizing that there is simply nothing to do once you get where you are going except waiting on the return window.  Also, realizing that engineering spaceships just isn't enough anymore after many many hundreds of hours of play.

So u simply stop playing, dont u? :wink:

When I was landing on Duna with a rover, made like 10 adjustment burns before I got there, reentry as usual, deploy retro rockets and parachutes only to hit the ground at 250 m/s...

What was the problem?

All that in about 45 minutes. Held F9 to see my interplanetary stage still attached,

I didn't quicksave

*alt F4'd*

Edited by TheKorbinger

Failing an Eve landing about 500 times. I had to deploy the chutes at 5000m or else they would rip my lander apart. Every time I opened a chute too late or accidentally physwarped, the lander would explode. Quick loading after parachute deployment doesn't help either, since they will decelerate too fast after physics easing and shoot you out of the universe. Each attempt took something like 20 minutes. :mad:

I spent ages capturing an asteroid and deorbiting it back to Kerbin to complete a contract, only to fail because landing in the water doesn't count.

One the plus side, I did manage to funnel my rage into an epic 2 hour long mission to build a flying boat asteroid grabber thingy, drive out to the asteroid and drag it back to dry land:

Edited by Sonny_Jim

2 hours ago, Sonny_Jim said:

On the plus side, I did manage to funnel my rage into an epic 2 hour long mission to build a flying boat asteroid grabber thingy, drive out to the asteroid and drag it back to dry land:

Awesome!!! Don't get mad at the game... get revenge!!!  :)

15 minutes ago, Dynastic Labs said:

My first ever Mün landing also was in dark. Still nailed it.

Mine too! But I didn't exactly nail it.... well I landed, went to take a screenshot which is the same button as throttling up... I came down too hard and my engine exploded.. Those were the days! :sticktongue:

I got one, and it was a 2 day ago event.
I am playing career with custom settings. These setting involve that I do not respawn my crew!

I landed 3 crew at Duna. It involved Valentina, bill and Bob.|
I'm landing at Duna and all seems well. I do my exeriments, bob takes the experiments and keeps them and I move on.

Moving on: Meaning getting back to Kerbin.
While entering Kerbins atmosphere when I'm checking everything I see I forgot to pack my parachutes...... DAMN!.

Quiksave! No!! What!?!? apparently I last quiksaved during launch (30 in real life minutes away)

Trying to save Bill but he burned during re-entry

Result: Valentina, bill and bob all completely and utterly dead. Trying to quikload and all but only send me back to launch.

GAME OVER!

Pros of this mission: Jebediah survived.

Edited by Razorforce7

My most painful moment was when I was smashing Jeb into my Mun base using RCS, then I decided to squash Jeb into the nearest docking port, after impact his limbs would stretch to unbelievable lengths and his head would stretch out of the helmet. A couple seconds later this messed up kerbal began to "fly" all over the place and destroyed the whole base, including the nearby lander meters away. This one of the reasons to never play with a kerbal when other kerbals are nearby.

Edited by The Moose In Your House
Fixing typos

This happened to me ages ago 

i was replicating a YouTube video about visiting every planet and moon(except Tylo and Eve)

i was bringing my enormous sste down onto gilly then the kraken got me, I had unbreakable joints on because I didn't know what part clipping was back then and my ship used a lot of it.

it sat there spazzing for a couple of minutes before I decided to quickload, only to find the last save was back at Minmus 

all in all, the worst day ever:mad:

Most painful for me was when I'd sent Rolley Kerman to the runway island for my first look around the place. For a few minutes everything was fine, but then the anomaly got hold of the Lander Can Mk2 based rover, causing the screen to go black for a moment, then the view changed to one thousands of kilometers above Kerbin, with just the lander can remaining, with Rolley inside of it and the thing was zooming away from Kerbin at high speed and with no means of propulsion to even try to get back.

Eventually I had to just switch back to the Space Center, leaving Rolley to his cold lonely fate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23.4.2017 at 6:36 PM, Jack Joseph Kerman said:

Mine too! But I didn't exactly nail it.... well I landed, went to take a screenshot which is the same button as throttling up... I came down too hard and my engine exploded.. Those were the days! :sticktongue:

also one of the most painful moments was when my second mun ship ever fell over thanks to its huge sas wheel i got it back up

Possibly some of my worst moments was when I had just recovered a satellite and put it in my shuttle cargo bay, I was landing at the KSC, and I deployed the parachutes. Suddenly, as soon as I timewarped even just to 2x speed, my craft accelerated to 3000m/s, went through Kerbin, and was suddenly orbiting 'Body: NaN'. I can't reach the Kerbonauts stranded there, since the shuttle is so far away from the sun I can't use my solar panels, I hadn't unlocked electric generators yet, and I can't use the satellite because the communications range was just designed for LKO communications. I'm contemplating using the ever useful HyperEdit though to solve it, but I want to see if I can fix it manually first.

Performing circularization burn at bop, switching to map view, craft goes behind the bop, tried to rotate the camera in map view to see the craft, heard some "puff" (oh crap) then suddenly I heard an explosion. Before I'm able to switch back to vessel view, a flight log appears and told me that my craft has collided with bop :(

4 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Possibly some of my worst moments was when I had just recovered a satellite and put it in my shuttle cargo bay, I was landing at the KSC, and I deployed the parachutes. Suddenly, as soon as I timewarped even just to 2x speed, my craft accelerated to 3000m/s, went through Kerbin, and was suddenly orbiting 'Body: NaN'. I can't reach the Kerbonauts stranded there, since the shuttle is so far away from the sun I can't use my solar panels, I hadn't unlocked electric generators yet, and I can't use the satellite because the communications range was just designed for LKO communications. I'm contemplating using the ever useful HyperEdit though to solve it, but I want to see if I can fix it manually first.

Yeah, I think in this case Hyperedit is the way to go.....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.