Jump to content

Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2 is live!


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ExtremeTrader said:

Please add a previous_1.2.1 beta version to steam, I don't want to wait for 65 plugins to be updated...

It's extremely likely that those plugins still work, just ignore the version warnings. 

It's also good practice to backup your modded installs somewhere outside of Steam, and turn off automatic updates for the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

It's extremely likely that those plugins still work, just ignore the version warnings. 

It's also good practice to backup your modded installs somewhere outside of Steam, and turn off automatic updates for the game. 

I can highly recommend both suggestions!

 

1 hour ago, Azimech said:

Community, what about a voting system, which bugs should be solved first? Shall we open a new topic for this? Maybe it helps if Squad can give an estimate how much resources is needed for every problem, some are more difficult and costly than others.

A voting system might actually free up some resources, Squad. It will probably reduce complaining from the community as well.

That sounds like a good idea!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

It's extremely likely that those plugins still work, just ignore the version warnings. 

It's also good practice to backup your modded installs somewhere outside of Steam, and turn off automatic updates for the game. 

Nope, just tried.

I got a screen full of version warnings. After loading my save I was at the wrong planet, Kopernicus is version-locked. And due to that, various (adapted) mods were spamming NullReferenceExceptions.

But it can't be that hard to add a previous-version-beta, right? Squad has done it in the past (1.0.5, 1.1.2).

Edited by ExtremeTrader
Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed,  I have 50+ versions of KSP on my HD, all running. Some versions have a specific set of mods, for a single purpose (for example mod development). I can revisit all my creations, it's great to have such a museum of my geekiness.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

Awesome. Just got my mods up to date with 1.2.1 Here we go again. 

 

8 hours ago, Galileo said:

never fails... and you know it will happen again in about 2 months... very frustrating and exhausting

That's why I don't update right away.  I was on 1.0.4 for the longest time.

Edited by klgraham1013
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rayden said:

* Fix where some science experiments only trigger once on action groups.

Besides the terrain seams, this was the only bug I was actually experiencing.  So 1 bug down, 1 more to go. :)  It's progress... now to wait for some of my mods to get updated. :(

 
 

 

6 hours ago, steve_v said:

No, but they do cause rollovers and wheel damage.

Again no, though it makes it 9000 times more aggravating. On Eve, hitting one will almost certainly break your tires. Anywhere else, it'll probably flip you over.

Raised (specifically seams in the runway, but same bug) in the 1.2 prerelease, hence the irritation that it's still not fixed 2 patches later.

 
 

@SQUAD Seeing as @JPLRepo and @TriggerAu are both reading the thread, maybe they could address the terrain seams issue?  Is it being actively worked on?  Was it a more difficult problem than anticipated and will be in 1.2.3?  Is it not considered a major issue at all?

Edited by klgraham1013
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Azimech said:

Community, what about a voting system, which bugs should be solved first?

The only thing the Community can agree on these days is Squad isn't fixing that Community member's personal "most important" bug. The only thing nobody in the Community can agree on is which bug that is.

Also, a bug being annoying and a bug being fixable are different things. I'd rather Squad fix 100 easily fixable bugs that I don't personally suffer from (but ohters do) than spend all their time on 3 bugs I care about (but nobody else does).

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

The only thing the Community can agree on these days is Squad isn't fixing that Community member's personal "most important" bug. The only thing nobody in the Community can agree on is which bug that is.

Also, a bug being annoying and a bug being fixable are different things. I'd rather Squad fix 100 easily fixable bugs that I don't personally suffer from (but ohters do) than spend all their time on 3 bugs I care about (but nobody else does).

Isn't it a bit premature for such an opinion? We'll only know for sure if/when we have a voting system. I wrote with a reason it's good to have an estimate how many resources a specific bug would need.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ExtremeTrader said:

Nope, just tried.

I got a screen full of version warnings. After loading my save I was at the wrong planet, Kopernicus is version-locked. And due to that, various (adapted) mods were spamming NullReferenceExceptions.

But it can't be that hard to add a previous-version-beta, right? Squad has done it in the past (1.0.5, 1.1.2).

One of the things I learned when watching Scott Manley's KSP vids is never install mods into your Steam KSP folder, keep that as a pristine untouched version. Make a copy of the KSP folder for a modded play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

It's extremely likely that those plugins still work, just ignore the version warnings. 

It's also good practice to backup your modded installs somewhere outside of Steam, and turn off automatic updates for the game. 

'Turn off automatic updates in steam' is no longer possible. One can just choose to update on gamestart - but that doesn't help much. So only your first advice is applicable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KroShan said:

'Turn off automatic updates in steam' is no longer possible. One can just choose to update on gamestart - but that doesn't help much. So only your first advice is applicable.

 

Que? Just go to Steam/SteamApps/Common, copy the whole KSP folder to a spot you want on your harddrive and presto, you can now run the version from the new location and it will never be updated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KroShan said:

'Turn off automatic updates in steam' is no longer possible. One can just choose to update on gamestart - but that doesn't help much. So only your first advice is applicable.

Update on game start is hugely useful, as it gives you the opportunity to back up your install before the update is applied (this is what I was referring to). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Update on game start is hugely useful, as it gives you the opportunity to back up your install before the update is applied (this is what I was referring to). 

I know. I forgot to set the update policy to 'update on launch'. But it would still be nice if @SQUAD could add 1.2.1 to the list of beta's.

Edit: the other thing I could try to do is removing Kopernicus' version-lock, if I can find it.

Edited by ExtremeTrader
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Azimech said:

Community, what about a voting system, which bugs should be solved first? Shall we open a new topic for this? Maybe it helps if Squad can give an estimate how much resources is needed for every problem, some are more difficult and costly than others.

A voting system might actually free up some resources, Squad. It will probably reduce complaining from the community as well.

There is such a voting system already in place if you participate in the bug tracker. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Starwaster said:

There is such a voting system already in place if you participate in the bug tracker. 

Yes, I use it as well. I'm not impressed with it. And I'd like to have one on the forum, so we can discuss it and Squad can inform us what the cost would be to solve an issue, which in turn could influence our voting behaviour.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

 

* Fix to prevent kerbals with existing name being created.
* Fix where some science experiments only trigger once on action groups.

 

I thought the experiments thing was due to a mod I had installed, glad to see it is fixed as that was quite vexing.

Good to see duplicate kerbal names will no longer cause problems.

 

Is this for all places the names are generated, including manually entered names in the kerbal generator(cheat menu)?

Edited by Terwin
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

 

@SQUAD Seeing as @JPLRepo and @TriggerAu are both reading the thread, maybe they could address the terrain seams issue?  Is it being actively worked on?  Was it a more difficult problem than anticipated and will be in 1.2.3?  Is it not considered a major issue at all?

Perhaps it's this "terrain seams" bug is not on all platforms.  I see it in Linux (Ubuntu 14.04) 64-bit.  I know it's not a memory problem because I got 32 GB of RAM in my machine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really hoping that rovers would be fixed so they can actually be driven in any frame of reference again instead of only when your control point is facing the horizon.  Not everyone drives rovers with a seat attached, you know!

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, UomoCapra said:
* Fix null reference exception when overwriting SubAssemblies in VAB/SPH.

This update broke my workflow! My mouse doesn't reach the "Launch" button, so I overwrite SubAssemblies instead, and I configured the debug menu to interpret a NRE as a Launch command.

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...