So... KSP dead?

Vegatoxi

The last time I looked, games used to die when people stopped playing them, not when developers stopped releasing patches. Anyway, neither seems to be happening in the case of ksp and I think this theory can be placed along with the "imminent arrival" of Nibiru, reptilians from the Earth's hollows and secret agents polluting our "precious bodily fluids" with chlorine* :P

*"Dr. Strangelove", a film I highly recommend.

2 hours ago, stibbons said:

In this case, it's apparently "OP hasn't read any of the weekly announcements, therefore they don't exist". 

Well, if the game is dead, why would you? There wouldn't be any weekly announcements if the game is dead, right?

A good thing Schrödinger proved that the game can be dead and ruined by T2 at the same time. As long as you don't look at it.

KSP is a single player game, and thus, will "die" when the last regularly used copy of it on the last computer capable of running it, ceases to exist.

For example,  I plan to live for at least 40 more years, and I do enjoy to launch little green men into space from time to time. If Windows PC as a platform is still a thing 40 years from now, I'll have it in my retirement hovel with a selection of games such as: Frontier: Elite II, Civilization, Skyrim, Dwarf Fortress, Crusader Kings II, and, last, but not least, KSP  on the hard drive. So,

KSP will be dead when they pry it from my cold dead hands, mate.

TL:DR : Nope.

Edited by Haruspex

KSP died with version 0.14, when they turned it into a money grab by charging for it.

KSP died with version 0.15, when they decided to focus on planes, instead of space.

KSP died with version 0.16, when they added EVA.

KSP died with version 0.17, when they added other planets.

KSP died with version 0.18, when they killed off any mods for docking.

KSP died with version 0.19, when they... umm...  Well, I can't think of anything, but I'm sure whatever they did ruined the game.

And so on, and on, and on and on.

KSP has been constantly getting one day closer to its death every day.

The Empire State Building is dead! They haven't added a floor to it in like 90 years!

The Mona Lisa is dead!* No new paint in centuries!

The Bible is dead! And who exactly is this God person anyway?**

What do those 3 things (that aren't dead) have in common in relation to Kerbal Space Program? They're MORE dead (yet still not dead) than it is. What they are is not DEAD. They're FINISHED.

And Kerbal Space Program isn't even FINISHED yet. It's just mostly finished.***

*Okay technically she is.
**H2G2 reference FTW. I say it here so people don't think I'm being anti-god or something.
*** 2 H2G2 references in the same post! If I do one more**** I wonder what will happen!
****OMG this is just like the explanation of Ford's real name, where there was a footnote within the footnote explaining what his name meant.

Edited by 5thHorseman

4 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Agreed. If by some stroke of luck I'm travelling to Mars 20 years from now, I'll have a copy (or five) of KSP with me.

Not more a Vanilla version in an read-only-decice? And something like 5 laptops with some modded copies? :cool:

5 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

If KSP is dead, then why am I so anxiously awaiting this new Mission Builder thing??? :huh:

Maybe you are a fan of "Walk of the Dead"-Series?

Zombies...

Edited by Urses

oh look, another it's dead thread. 

Something that some peps don't seem to get about software dev; 1) if it takes 1 month to develop a feature from start to 80% complete, it will probably talk another month to take it from 80% to 90%. 2) As the codebase (or feature-set) increases in size, the time required to make changes to it dramatically increases.  Put those two things together and the latter stages of development of anything appear to progress at glacial speeds, even with the same man-hour input.  

5 hours ago, Vegatoxi said:

So. No major gameplay updates since...? I dont even remember.

No announcements.

Many of ex-popular mods is abandoned.

Game is in stagnation.

I think it's dead for now.

R.I.P KSP 2011-2017;.;

Mods where being abandoned since day one, but all the major ones still work or have been passed onto other mod makers, and things like near future, pathfinder, and mks are only getting bigger. Who cares if they update the game, it works fine now.

KSP Dead? I haven't played in a while, just reading forums but I do keep my mods up to date, just in case I feel like going back to KSP. All my 50+ mods have been updated to the latest KSP version within couple of weeks (some added new features too) and I see constant maintenance updates. Old mods are dusted off and re-released by dedicated modders. New mods are coming out. Even new APIs are released. The forums is very alive as well. 1.4 is coming out. New DLC is coming out.

Doesn't look dead to me. I think the OP was just trolling.