[1.4.x] Decal Stickers R2.0 (Custom Flags & Agencies, Instructions to add your own!) March 21, 2018

blackheart612

5 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

Is it possible to render editable text in the stickers? It would be cool to have a ship's (or crew's) name stenciled on the side; doubly so if any font installed in the OS could be used. :D 

Check this out. It's really old, but still rocks.

On 15/12/2016 at 2:26 PM, theJesuit said:

Unless it has changed in a particular update, you need to add the sticker in the In the cfg files located in the blackheart folder as you have realised.  It is each of the part cfgs.

You can make your own folder in gamedata with a sub folder for flags for example I created AngleCanMods/Flags/variousflagnames.png and then change or replace the following in the relevant Module in the part cfg.

textureRootFolder = AngleCanMods\
    textureNames = Flags\ACA ; Flags\ACC ; Flags\ACE ;  Flags\ACG ; Flags\ACL ; Flags\ACN ; Flags\ACsmallA ; Flags\ACTXRose ; Flags\ACTXRose
    objectNames = sticker125;sticker250;sticker375
    textureDisplayNames = AngleCan A;AngleCan C;AngleCan e;AngleCan g;AngleCan l;AngleCan n;AngleCan a;AngleCan TXRose;AngleCan TVRose 

Hope this helps.

Peace.

Hi, @theJesuit, here I am again, asking you for help...

Your explanation is perfect. But is there a way to ADD customização stickers? If I understood correctly, these steps replace the mod's default stickers, right?

On 12/7/2016 at 11:15 AM, blackheart612 said:

Rights Reserved.
It's just a few simple mesh. Firespitter and Module Manager have their own license and isn't covered by mine

If it's just a simple mesh, why do you have it under an ARR license?  The problem with it is that if for some reason you go away, it is essentially untouchable.

48 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

@JadeOfMaar Awesome! :D 

@linuxgurugamer Because they are easy to make, but mainly because I'm lazy when it comes to licenses so I just threw an All rights reserved.

which means that when you are gone, people like myself who have no knowledge of them are left without anything, and can't even redistribute it.

Especially for something like this, which as you say is easy to make, putting an ARR license is kind of overkill.

It's your mod, and your choice, I think it's a selfish and bad choice.  You could have gone with GPL, or CC-BY-NC, or any one of a number of other, easy to find  licenses

23 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

I really wouldn't have put a license on it. All rights reserved is about the fastest way I could put one in. I understand though, I'll try to change when I have time. Though I never thought sharing my idea was selfish. :) 

Sharing is not selfish, the ARR is, in that it disallows any other distribution, usage, modificdation, etc.

On 22/12/2016 at 0:04 AM, jlcarneiro said:

Hi, @theJesuit, here I am again, asking you for help...

Your explanation is perfect. But is there a way to ADD customização stickers? If I understood correctly, these steps replace the mod's default stickers, right?

How do I ADD custom stickers? If I understood correctly, these steps replace the default stickers, right?

Edited by jlcarneiro

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Sharing is not selfish, the ARR is, in that it disallows any other distribution, usage, modificdation, etc.

Licensing isn't in anyway selfish. Branding the people's usage of All Rights Reserved as selfish is offending. The usage of ARR is very strict in its terms I would think is the better way to describe it. Licenses are never selfish, they aren't human and they don't have motives. Selfish is a label for humans. I released this with sharing in mind and I grew up with an ARR which was the license I fully know the terms of (and I licensed it because it's a forum requirement, at least when I first modded). And my usage of it has just made it selfish. Immature, but I am offended. I never thought of licenses in a revival perspective in which I pick up a dead mod. That's why I don't study licenses very much and I stick to the ones easier to apply and I know the terms of already. I still would have changed it, I'm still busy at the moment so I just post from time to time, but I think the labeling was unnecessary. 

10 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

Licensing isn't in anyway selfish. Branding the people's usage of All Rights Reserved as selfish is offending. The usage of ARR is very strict in its terms I would think is the better way to describe it. Licenses are never selfish, they aren't human and they don't have motives. Selfish is a label for humans. I released this with sharing in mind and I grew up with an ARR which was the license I fully know the terms of (and I licensed it because it's a forum requirement, at least when I first modded). And my usage of it has just made it selfish. Immature, but I am offended. I never thought of licenses in a revival perspective in which I pick up a dead mod. That's why I don't study licenses very much and I stick to the ones easier to apply and I know the terms of already. I still would have changed it, I'm still busy at the moment so I just post from time to time, but I think the labeling was unnecessary. 

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I hope we all can move on now with no hard feelings you both do so much for KSP and give the rest of us something to play with thank you both

@linuxgurugamer if you want you can add this to your list , I have giving it alittle update and it's pretty much the same and if you need help with it let me know

23 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

I did not mean to offend you, for that I am sorry and apologize.

Maybe selfish is too harsh, but I was unable to think of any other word at the time.

I've been burned by helping another modder fix and improve his mod, and when he just stopped updating it, the mod just died because of the ARR license he had on it. 

Lgg

14 minutes ago, MeCripp said:

@linuxgurugamer if you want you can add this to your list , I have giving it alittle update and it's pretty much the same and if you need help with it let me know

Thanks, I'll take a look

10 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

Do you have a copy for 1.0.5 laying around? Does it even exist? Reasoning - I want to sponsor Kerbal Foundries in the 2017 Dakar challenge

It doesn't exist but with my knowledge, if you can find a 1.0.5 version of firespitter, just move the blackheart folder to your GameData, it should work.

Hi, is there a possible way that the decals could be enlargened? Tweakscale doesn't seem to show the tweakable used to enlargen it, although it does for the other parts.

Thanks! I appreciate the work and dedication you put into this.

@JadeOfMaar Hmmm, The meshes I made looks like it clamps perfectly to the cylinder tank. That's why there are different size meshes. I think the best way to increase the size of the mesh and still fit the cylinders is to have stack mode on the mini sticker. I think it will fit all the cylinders when scaled up. The two other stickers will be a permanent size.

5 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

@JadeOfMaar Hmmm, The meshes I made looks like it clamps perfectly to the cylinder tank. That's why there are different size meshes. I think the best way to increase the size of the mesh and still fit the cylinders is to have stack mode on the mini sticker. I think it will fit all the cylinders when scaled up. The two other stickers will be a permanent size.

Oh, right. But the option for simply or exceedingly larger decals will always be very welcome, for example putting something super big and bold on a 5m or wider tank or a MkIV or B9 hull piece. The scale options will only add to the awesomeness of the variety of your meshes. :)

I have them setup to sit together in a separate config file and will post it here if you like.

Alrighty. I hope you weren't too unsettled in the earlier discussion about this mod's license...

Here's the Tweakscale setup.

@PART[stickerh]
{
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
		defaultScale = 100
    }
}

@PART[stickerv]
{
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
		defaultScale = 100
    }
}

@PART[stickermini]
{
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
		defaultScale = 100
    }
}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.