[1.4.x] Decal Stickers R2.0 (Custom Flags & Agencies, Instructions to add your own!) March 21, 2018

blackheart612

13 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

I changed the license to GPL so people can do whatever they like with the mod :) Of course you can post it here

@blackheart612

That is great news.  I do apologize again for sounding offensive, it was not intended.

I'm currently maintaining the NEBULA-Decals, I wonder if we could combine the two?  or if it would even be worth it?

Very nice MOD! This MOD did make my vessels look less crappy. :)

zf6OPvn.png

+ I don't want to nitpick but when I put one decal on another and if one or both of them have alpha channel(= transparent), it glitches; hides overlaped part.

ore1GvA.png

Not always but from particular angle. (If someone already told this, my apologies.)

once again I love this mod and hope this project become more awesome!! Good luck and godspeed.

Ps : sorry for my poor english. :(

Edited by windmt

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@blackheart612

That is great news.  I do apologize again for sounding offensive, it was not intended.

I'm currently maintaining the NEBULA-Decals, I wonder if we could combine the two?  or if it would even be worth it?

A dream-function for this would be at least a: drop an image in a folder or series of folders (square, horizontal, vertical) and have it work w/o managing cfgs, or more of a dream would be a flag picker similar to the mission flag UI in-game.

Being able to use other mods' provided flags and agency logos w/o keeping an entire separate hoard of them would be handy. :wink:

Edited by Beetlecat

21 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

A dream-function for this would be at least a: drop an image in a folder or series of folders (square, horizontal, vertical) and have it work w/o managing cfgs, or more of a dream would be a flag picker similar to the mission flag UI in-game.

Being able to use other mods' provided flags and agency logos w/o keeping an entire separate hoard of them would be handy. :wink:

That is on my list of ToDo's for the NEBULADECALS mod

@JadeOfMaar There was no issue on license changing. Just on the way the request was delivered. It's kinda lame to look back though, let's forget that since it's resolved now. :P 

@linuxgurugamer It's entirely possible, I'm not sure what for though. But you can definitely pack it with NEBULA. Once I get to work on this, probably gonna make a custom folder for personalized ones too, emissive capable textures and stuff I think of.

@windmt It's a normal occurrence since parts are clipping. The only known way  I know to avoid this is if the overlapping part is transparent, or the overlapped part is moved a little so that it doesn't clip.

Alright, I've upsized the mini sticker and it looks better than expected with no additional mesh needed. @Columbia Still thinking of anything else to add as I'm too lazy to add custom folder drop zone for now.

Y8w3kLv.png

Kerbal Standard is upsized sticker
FLOOYD and Steadler are the regular sized ones on Size 2 Configuration.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Andrew Hei said:

Heyyy I was wondering how to put my own stickers if anyone can tell me pls

AFAIK, currently you have to edit some CFG files.

I am also waiting for this just-drop-image-in-a-folder-to-add-a-texture feature... :wink:

On 10/01/2017 at 8:59 PM, Beetlecat said:

5 hours ago, SpikiestMass15 said:

Call me stupid, I don't care.

I've looked around and I can't seem to find how to add a custom flag to the mod. Its a good mod. But I'd prefer custom flags

So, if you know, thanks.

Okay stupid, what you have to do is go into the mod's directory (GameData>>blackheart>>Parts). You'll find three subdirectories there called 'stickerh', 'stickermini' and 'stickerv'. These correspond to the three types of decals the mod provides. Each one contains three files - 'model.mu', 'part.cfg' and 'placeholder.mbm'. The one you want in each directory is 'part.cfg'. Open it up in whatever plain text editor you use (for example, in Windows you'd want to use Notepad). Scroll down and find the line that begins like this.

textureNames = Flags\Default ; Flags\esa_dark_blue ;

To the end of that line, append the directory, a backslash and the filename (not the extension) of the flag you want to add. For example, on mine, I've added these flags:

Flags\canada_space ; Flags\confed ; Flags\confed_navy ; Flags\confederacy ; Flags\confederate_trifoil ; Flags\death_star ; Flags\dont_panic ; Flags\epsilon_sector ; Flags\firekka ; Flags\jolly_roger ; Flags\kerbico ; Flags\KerbinConquestFlag2 ; Flags\kobol ; Flags\KSP ; Flags\oklahoma ; Flags\soviet ; Flags\UFP ; Flags\usa

Then you'll need to look for a line that starts like this:

textureDisplayNames = KSP;ESA;NASA;Retro;Satellite;Trees;

You'll want to append the agency name associated with the flag here. For the examples above, the names I added go like this:

;Canadian Space Agency;Terran Confederation;UEC Navy;Confederate States of America;United Earth Confederation;Imperial France;Megadodo Publications;Epsilon Sector Authority;Firekkan Alliance;Pirates!;Kerbico; Kerbal Imperium;Twelve Colonies;The Colonel;Oklahoma;USSR;UFP;United States

You'll have to do this for each of the three parts.cfg files if you want the same set of flags to be available as decals in all three sizes.

And there you go.

Sorry for the whole stupid thing...I have no beef against you personally, but I'm not one to pass an obvious set up when I see one......

6 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Okay stupid, what you have to do is go into the mod's directory (GameData>>blackheart>>Parts). You'll find three subdirectories there called 'stickerh', 'stickermini' and 'stickerv'. These correspond to the three types of decals the mod provides. Each one contains three files - 'model.mu', 'part.cfg' and 'placeholder.mbm'. The one you want in each directory is 'part.cfg'. Open it up in whatever plain text editor you use (for example, in Windows you'd want to use Notepad). Scroll down and find the line that begins like this.

textureNames = Flags\Default ; Flags\esa_dark_blue ;

To the end of that line, append the directory, a backslash and the filename (not the extension) of the flag you want to add. For example, on mine, I've added these flags:

Flags\canada_space ; Flags\confed ; Flags\confed_navy ; Flags\confederacy ; Flags\confederate_trifoil ; Flags\death_star ; Flags\dont_panic ; Flags\epsilon_sector ; Flags\firekka ; Flags\jolly_roger ; Flags\kerbico ; Flags\KerbinConquestFlag2 ; Flags\kobol ; Flags\KSP ; Flags\oklahoma ; Flags\soviet ; Flags\UFP ; Flags\usa

Then you'll need to look for a line that starts like this:

textureDisplayNames = KSP;ESA;NASA;Retro;Satellite;Trees;

You'll want to append the agency name associated with the flag here. For the examples above, the names I added go like this:

;Canadian Space Agency;Terran Confederation;UEC Navy;Confederate States of America;United Earth Confederation;Imperial France;Megadodo Publications;Epsilon Sector Authority;Firekkan Alliance;Pirates!;Kerbico; Kerbal Imperium;Twelve Colonies;The Colonel;Oklahoma;USSR;UFP;United States

You'll have to do this for each of the three parts.cfg files if you want the same set of flags to be available as decals in all three sizes.

And there you go.

Sorry for the whole stupid thing...I have no beef against you personally, but I'm not one to pass an obvious set up when I see one......

I tried what you said, but when I switched to it the previous flag and name stayed and it didn't work.

If you know why I would like to know why

12 hours ago, SpikiestMass15 said:

Call me stupid, I don't care

7 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Okay stupid

LOL :)

But it's probably not a good idea to call someone stupid even if they invite you to do so :wink:

1 hour ago, Deddly said:

LOL :)

But it's probably not a good idea to call someone stupid even if they invite you to do so :wink:

You're right, of course.

3 hours ago, SpikiestMass15 said:

I tried what you said, but when I switched to it the previous flag and name stayed and it didn't work.

If you know why I would like to know why

Hmm...okay. Show me exactly what you did - and by exactly, I mean "copy the two lines directly from the .cfg file and post it below." I'm also assuming you put the flag you want to add in the GameData>>Squad>>Flags directory; if it's not there, that will make a difference.

Before you say anything, this is SpikiestMass15 and that 15 had the wrong sign in and didn't let me sign back in, so yeah.

Here's what you want I guess (this is from "stickerv"):

textureNames = Flags\Default ; Flags\esa_dark_blue ; Flags\NASA ; Flags\SM_Space_Agencies ; Flags\retro ;  Flags\satellite ; Flags\trees ; Flags\uk_space_agency ; Agencies\C7AerospaceDivision ; Agencies\DinkelsteinKermansConstructionEmporium ; Agencies\ExperimentalEngineering ; Agencies\FlooydResearchLab ; Agencies\GoliathNationalProducts ; Agencies\IntegratedIntegrals ; Agencies\IonicSymphonicProtonicElectronics ; Agencies\JebsJunkyard ; Agencies\KerbalMotion ; Agencies\KerbinWorldFirstRecordKeepingSociety ; Agencies\Kerbodyne ; Agencies\Kerlington ; Agencies\MaxoConstructionToys ; Agencies\MovingPartsExpertsGroup ; Agencies\OMBDemolition ; Agencies\PeriapsisCo ; Agencies\Probodobodyne ; Agencies\R&D ; Agencies\ReactionSystemsLtd ; Agencies\Rockomax ; Agencies\Rokea ; Agencies\SeansCannery ; Agencies\SteadlerEngineeringCorps ; Agencies\StrutCo ; Agencies\Vac-Co ; Agencies\WinterOwl ; Agencies\ZaltonicElectronics ; Flags\SM_Space_Agencies

textureDisplayNames = KSP;ESA;NASA;SMSA;Retro;Satellite;Trees;UK Space Agency;C7 Aerospace;Dinkelstein Construction Emporium;Experimental Engineering;FLOOYD Research;Goliath Natonal;Integrated Integrals;ISP Electrionics;Jeb's Junkyard;Kerbal Motion;Kerbin World First Record Keeping Society;Kerbodyne;Kerlingtion;Maxo Construction Toys;Moving Parts Expert Group;OMB Demolition;Periapsos Co;Probodobodyne;R&D;Reaction Systems Ltd;Rockmax;Rokea;Sean's Cannery;Steadler Engineering;Strut Co;Vac-Co;WinterOwl;ZaltonicElectronics;SMSA

Is this isn't what you want, then I have no idea.

Okay...that IS what I was wanting to see. Looks right.

Just to be sure (and I apologize in advance for the "is it plugged in"-type questions; just eliminating possible sources of error), you've got your SM_Space_Agencies.png file in GameData>>Squad>>Flags, it's a 256x160 .png file, you've got that same text pasted in to all three of the .cfg files, and you didn't use MS Word or Wordpad to make the changes?

If so and you're still having issues, I'm at a loss. It's possible another mod is interfering with Decal Stickers in some way. Only thing I can think of.

1 hour ago, capi3101 said:

Okay...that IS what I was wanting to see. Looks right.

Just to be sure (and I apologize in advance for the "is it plugged in"-type questions; just eliminating possible sources of error), you've got your SM_Space_Agencies.png file in GameData>>Squad>>Flags, it's a 256x160 .png file, you've got that same text pasted in to all three of the .cfg files, and you didn't use MS Word or Wordpad to make the changes?

If so and you're still having issues, I'm at a loss. It's possible another mod is interfering with Decal Stickers in some way. Only thing I can think of.

I have tried that and it hasn't worked, guess we don't know anything on the problem.

Alright. Let's try this then - I want you to take the entire blackheart directory in your GameData folder, copy it into a zip and make a link to it so I can download it. May just be that your instance of the mod is corrupted somehow. The whole thing is only 36 kB, so it's not going to be a massive file by any means - you might even be able to PM it to me, though I'm not 100% certain that's possible.

Edited by capi3101

Hello blackheart, I would like to report a problem. Don't know if anyone has similar prblem tho.

So this wonderful mod has been in my GameData folder for quite a long time but I didn't have sufficient time to take care of it until a couple of days ago. I edited the cfg files (put custom flags in and removed the stock company ones) and finally tried it out last night. What I encountered was the upsized one didn't load my custom flags, instead retaining the original flag sequence including stock ones I've already removed from the cfg file. And then I did some further tests just now it's the Type A working in the same weird way.

For now they look like this: the last flag in my custom sequence is the signal flag of 'zulu' but the Type A loads the stock sequence.

htZetDs.jpg

Also exiting SPH to KSC then return to SPH screws sequence loading too. I forgot to screenshot but the decal displayed a stock one, which seemed to share the same sequence number with my custom flag I put before saving and leaving SPH.

Here is the output log. Hope it helps.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By1WQWYRfwRyZVJEbnZ1aWQwY3c

@Andrew Hei @jlcarneiro @SpikiestMass15 @capi3101 @ConquerorTW

Sorry guys, it might be long overdue but

Update 1.3

Integrated an easier way to add custom flags rather than starting from scratch.
Each config will have instructions on the section that should be edited.

There are two files in blackheart/Agencies which you can remove or change. They are samples on how files should be done. each configs have the same instruction on what to do and change so it it should be at least easier than having to scavenge for instructions.
The parts will now display "Current" and "Current Custom" which is the last texture you were in. As there is a "Next/Previous Custom Texture" now. You can just choose to click the original (squad) textures or custom ones at any time.
I haven't encountered issues except one when I tested but if you do find one, just tell me. The issue is stickers will always start with the first custom decal, not the default KSP, which isn't really an issue as they are both current stickers displayed, it's just that the custom sticker prevails in loading first.

Remember, just put your files on blackheart/Agencies and modify each configs to state that you have files there and you should be good to go.

5 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

[...]

Update 1.3

Integrated an easier way to add custom flags rather than starting from scratch.
Each config will have instructions on the section that should be edited.

There are two files in blackheart/Agencies which you can remove or change. They are samples on how files should be done. each configs have the same instruction on what to do and change so it it should be at least easier than having to scavenge for instructions.
The parts will now display "Current" and "Current Custom" which is the last texture you were in. As there is a "Next/Previous Custom Texture" now. You can just choose to click the original (squad) textures or custom ones at any time.
I haven't encountered issues except one when I tested but if you do find one, just tell me. The issue is stickers will always start with the first custom decal, not the default KSP, which isn't really an issue as they are both current stickers displayed, it's just that the custom sticker prevails in loading first.

Remember, just put your files on blackheart/Agencies and modify each configs to state that you have files there and you should be good to go.

Great news, thanks!

Since you are using the same name on both modules with the ID as a distinction, how do I refer to the second module using a MM patch?

I'm thinking of putting the flags on a custom folder and set it as the texture root folder to avoid deleting them when you update the mod (I use to delete the mod's folder and extracting the new one)... :wink:

@jlcarneiro From what I know, you can keep adding the same modules over and over if you have different IDs for them. It is entirely possible to have your own directory, as demonstrated. But if you want it enough, you're most likely capable of making a patch on your own so this patch was only a sample for those who would rather just edit existing examples instead. Anyway, I guess you can just add another exact same module with different ID. It's gonna have another button, of course, but all of them would work when you click. The highest ID would be the texture that would be loaded when you select the part initially, too, I think (in this case, the custom textures are higher ID so it loads instead of default).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.