[1.4.x] Decal Stickers R2.0 (Custom Flags & Agencies, Instructions to add your own!) March 21, 2018

blackheart612

4 hours ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

I don't know if you replied to me but if so, I just create this file with notepad and put it in the decals folder? What do I name it?

I'm currently playing on my server which runs 1.3.1, would it be problem if I update this mod anyways?

Nope, if you update the mod, you won't be able to change textures. The features are integrated with the new 1.4.x features, sadly.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2018 at 6:33 PM, shachar2like said:

what button did I press by accident that opened up a menu with all of the decals to choose from (meaning it had a window with all types: numbers, letters etc to choose from)?

couldn't find the explanation here

I don't understand much about all types but the decals here are just customized through having a custom image file (easiest is png) and refer it through the tutorial in the OP. If you want numbers or letters, you need to put the png yourself.

On 4/13/2018 at 5:33 PM, shachar2like said:

what button did I press by accident that opened up a menu with all of the decals to choose from (meaning it had a window with all types: numbers, letters etc to choose from)?

couldn't find the explanation here

uhhh mission flag menu beside the craft name?

• 4 weeks later...

I have some questions about the variables in the config files

VARIANT
        {
            name = Custom 1
            displayName = Custom 1
            themeName = Custom 1
            primaryColor = #adafad
            secondaryColor = #adafad
            TEXTURE
            {
                mainTextureURL = blackheart/Flags/Custom1
            }
        }

What are the 3 different names and the color variables for?

I would suspect the colors are for the little triangles you get like when you're painting, but changing them doesn't seem to do anything

Thanks for mod btw, it's great to add a mission or contract giver logo on my ships!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi blackheart612. Im currently playing a career in KSP 1.7.1 both DLCs and want to give this mod a shot. Just wanna know if its intended that the decals are that expensive to purchase? 

Also installed ID Flags and Decals by Vexillar. For comparison: NEBULA Decals Continued are 100 bugs to purchase. For reasons of justice :wink:

BPKL7wm.png

2 hours ago, Mr.DingALing said:

Hi blackheart612. Im currently playing a career in KSP 1.7.1 both DLCs and want to give this mod a shot. Just wanna know if its intended that the decals are that expensive to purchase? 

Also installed ID Flags and Decals by Vexillar. For comparison: NEBULA Decals Continued are 100 bugs to purchase. For reasons of justice :wink:

BPKL7wm.png

You expect this quality for FREE??? :D

3 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

I think he meant something like a puece of sticker having a price tag of a notepad at the bookshop :D which is quite cheap. And the fact that some stickers come with colouring books (Which is about the same price or lower). At least of what I saw in my country.

*Crane lifts train back onto track*

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

7 hours ago, Mr.DingALing said:

BPKL7wm.png

Is Entry Cost an actual game mechanic now? It wasn't a problem before. I'll change it if it were the case, I haven't been in career a while.

44 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

Is Entry Cost an actual game mechanic now? It wasn't a problem before. I'll change it if it were the case, I haven't been in career a while.

Pretty sure it's been in for a while, but only on the harder difficulty level settings; playing with the default settings, you don't have to worry about it.

At least I think that's what might be going on. Could be wrong.

23 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Nah, of course not :D I expected pizza home delivery daily for one year ;)

17 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

16 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Pretty sure it's been in for a while, but only on the harder difficulty level settings; playing with the default settings, you don't have to worry about it.

At least I think that's what might be going on. Could be wrong.

@capi3101 is right. You can switch on/off 'No Entry Purchase Required on Research' in settings before starting a career. My last KSP experience was like 1.3, don't know if it was possible back then.

Just noticed price differences in two very similar mods and wanted to let you know that. No problem with that. :prograde:

For custom decals:

Must xxx.png be on blackheart\Flags or on Squad\Flags with correct path in mainTextureUrl and would you recommend a different resolution for each sticker (512x256-stickerbig, 128x128-stickermini, ...for example)? It's a bit confusing for me, I'm sorry. :confused: 

Edited by Mr.DingALing
@

6 hours ago, Mr.DingALing said:

Nah, of course not :D I expected pizza home delivery daily for one year ;)

@capi3101 is right. You can switch on/off 'No Entry Purchase Required on Research' in settings before starting a career. My last KSP experience was like 1.3, don't know if it was possible back then.Just noticed price differences in two very similar mods and wanted to let you know that. No problem with that. :prograde:

poC74OP.png
I haven't been implementing entry cost. I didn't know. I updated it now. 

For custom decals:

Must xxx.png be on blackheart\Flags or on Squad\Flags with correct path in mainTextureUrl and would you recommend a different resolution for each sticker (512x256-stickerbig, 128x128-stickermini, ...for example)? It's a bit confusing for me, I'm sorry. :confused: 

If you know how to specify the path on mainTextureUrl you can choose not to put it on blackheart/Flags instead. Basically, having the right path, you can put the flag image anywhere. It's just there to not mess up the squad folder and easily delete everything when you don't want the mod anymore. I wouldn't recommend a different resolution for each sticker, 256x160 is the standard resolution for KSP companies and stuff.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.