blackheart612

[1.4.x] Decal Stickers R2.0 (Custom Flags & Agencies, Instructions to add your own!) March 21, 2018

12 minutes ago, Enceos said:

Less colliders in flight = less performance hit.

That's very good to know... Considering what I have planned for decals.

Mu1ZvUH.jpg

3 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

however, I wouldn't advise against painting your radiators, for totally legit reasons. :D

I paint my crafts with the "Rust-Oleum" brand %) they withstand 1000K.

@blackheart612 What do you think about making an emissive decal as well? It won't support transparency, but will look good with opaque decals. And a mesh switch from rectangle to a circle, with a circle UV at the center of a texture.

My simple mission patches would benefit from that immensely: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hic4nwxx8fl6a88/KerbalHacksFlags.zip?dl=0

You can use them to pinpoint the UV position.

Edited by Enceos

3 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@Enceos  I'll keep that in mind. I keep forgetting to check the all layers post to use it to advantage. And it indeed is an awesome plugin.

I've updated the list here :

1 hour ago, blackheart612 said:

@Enceos It's possible of course. Though I'm currently working on AP+ most of the time, extensively so I might not be able to get around that sooner.

I'll give you my models then if you don't mind :3

1 hour ago, Enceos said:

I'll give you my models then if you don't mind :3

Modeling is a simple thing. What I need more of is time ;.;

Cool! I can't wait to use this mod to fake a Mun landing at a more exotic location, and for custom stick-on textures for vessels. I imagine I could probably even use it to make rocket parts look spaceplane-y on spaceplanes, and vice versa.

DL'ed, saw it comes bundles with firespitter.  is firespitter necessary or just here as a little bonus?

On 12/11/2016 at 10:45 PM, Enceos said:

It is also possible to hide a light behind the decals

UYa8HqA.jpg

Superb!!!

6 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Superb!!!

I used a white aviation light for that, they have the right light distance and intensity.

Edited by Enceos

7 hours ago, JayPee said:

DL'ed, saw it comes bundles with firespitter.  is firespitter necessary or just here as a little bonus?

The bundled Firespitter is usually only the core which allows for the switching functions of the decal and most other variable parts. It's not the entire Firespitter with all the airplanes and other stuff.

I asked earlier if I could add any custom sticker, how would I do that? Just add images to the flag folder for KSP and edit some file somewhere in gamedata/Blackheart? 

20 minutes ago, Notsure_jr said:

I asked earlier if I could add any custom sticker, how would I do that? Just add images to the flag folder for KSP and edit some file somewhere in gamedata/Blackheart? 

Unless it has changed in a particular update, you need to add the sticker in the In the cfg files located in the blackheart folder as you have realised.  It is each of the part cfgs.

You can make your own folder in gamedata with a sub folder for flags for example I created AngleCanMods/Flags/variousflagnames.png and then change or replace the following in the relevant Module in the part cfg.

textureRootFolder = AngleCanMods\
    textureNames = Flags\ACA ; Flags\ACC ; Flags\ACE ;  Flags\ACG ; Flags\ACL ; Flags\ACN ; Flags\ACsmallA ; Flags\ACTXRose ; Flags\ACTXRose
    objectNames = sticker125;sticker250;sticker375
    textureDisplayNames = AngleCan A;AngleCan C;AngleCan e;AngleCan g;AngleCan l;AngleCan n;AngleCan a;AngleCan TXRose;AngleCan TVRose 

Hope this helps.

Peace.

Edited by theJesuit