Mod idea - In-game antenna strength calculater

Tyko

I'm using @Poodmund's CommNet Signal calculator all the time, and was thinking that this would be a great place for an in-game mod. Key functionality I was imagining was:

• Total's up effective signal strength of active vessel with all attached antennas (in-flight or under construction in VAB/SPH)
  • Calculates signal strength back to KSC from various celestial bodies - probably a drop-down list of locations that you can choose from.

This would be a great tool in the VAB when you're combining multiple antennas to build a relay station around Jool (or Sarnus or Nero :) )

I'm getting decent at MM config writing, but not sure I'm ready to tackle actual coding...so, I thought I'd throw this out there.

I did contemplate about trying to cobble a plugin together to get something working in game like the Google Sheets doc but my C#-fubu is not strong enough it seems (its a bit out of my depth).

If anyone is willing to work on a plugin like this, I would be more than happy to help with any methods/calculations to get it working. The latest KSP API doc has pretty much everything listed that would be required to get this working I think.

45 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

I did contemplate about trying to cobble a plugin together to get something working in game like the Google Sheets doc but my C#-fubu is not strong enough it seems (its a bit out of my depth).

If anyone is willing to work on a plugin like this, I would be more than happy to help with any methods/calculations to get it working. The latest KSP API doc has pretty much everything listed that would be required to get this working I think.

I hear ya..I haven't done anything more complicated than XML for many years. any C(ish) experience dates back to college...

Edited by Tyko

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.